Monroe Central

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Monroe Central

Post by EasternDspy »

There now 5-0 and just blasted AAA Brooke.

Tucker Howell is a dog with 31 today.

First year head coach Mason Lang has them playing great.
Attachments
IMG_5539.jpeg
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Re: Monroe Central

Post by Riverrats »

MC is legit. Very well coached and a lot of offensive action to deal with. Howell is really good and can really dominate inside and they are defensively sound. The seminoles won’t be challenged much until Ferry. Brooke has a tough opening schedule and are also pretty good but they had difficulty with the Seminole d and inside game. MC made quick adjustments and shut down Brookes outside game after a tight first half. It was over after that. They are looking at a 17 win regular season minimum.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Riverrats wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:36 pm MC is legit. Very well coached and a lot of offensive action to deal with. Howell is really good and can really dominate inside and they are defensively sound. The seminoles won’t be challenged much until Ferry. Brooke has a tough opening schedule and are also pretty good but they had difficulty with the Seminole d and inside game. MC made quick adjustments and shut down Brookes outside game after a tight first half. It was over after that. They are looking at a 17 win regular season minimum.
Monroe got layups at will. Brooke played very little d.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Yep

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

A good possibility for a Hiland vs Monroe Central district finial

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

I like that matchup. It would be fun to watch. Also excited to see MC against Ferry.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

I guess the Monroe Central vs Martins Ferry game will give me a better gauge on how good Monroe Central is,MF has played at Indian Valley and lost a close one 71-64 to the Braves, Hiland has to play IV twice in league action, will kinda give us as to where these two teams stand,Hawks are a little bang up now, Im hoping by January they will be at full strength

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:23 pm I guess the Monroe Central vs Martins Ferry game will give me a better gauge on how good Monroe Central is,MF has played at Indian Valley and lost a close one 71-64 to the Braves, Hiland has to play IV twice in league action, will kinda give us as to where these two teams stand,Hawks are a little bang up now, Im hoping by January they will be at full strength
How are the Hawks looking this year? Who do they have back from last years team? Hiland taking Dover to wire who is normally very good a much bigger school was impressive.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

They have four starters back and the first guy off the bench back,start a soph.and a junior and three seniors, right now our leading scorer a senior that average 17 a game has.not played yet, hopefully he will be back at the end of December, and another very talented junior who is out with a broken hand hopefully he will be back by mid January, when we do get everyone back we should be, 6'7",6'3",6'1",5'9,5'8
I think they have the most difficult non-league schedule they have ever had, just to name a few
D1 Dover lost 38-42 at Dover
D1 University School out of Cleveland
D3 Lutheran East last year's d3 state champs
D3 Wayne Trace a very good team from Western Ohio
D3 Ottawa Glandorf last year's d3 states final 4 team from Western Ohio
Linsly Academy, everyone from Eastern Ohio and WVa knows about how good this team is every year, if we can go 2-4 with these teams it would be plus and if we go 3-3 I would be very happy with those results,besides our league in our south division is very good ,we play our league favorite tonight unbeaten Sandy Valley

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Mad respect to the Hiland Hawks. Great program. Been to to a game in Berlin and a great atmosphere. For MC to be mentioned in the same sentence with them is a great testament to how far MC basketball has come. Some good basketball talent coming through over the next few years.

Getting rid of the previous coach was controversial on these boards but maybe it was a good thing.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

selonmc wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:34 pm Mad respect to the Hiland Hawks. Great program. Been to to a game in Berlin and a great atmosphere. For MC to be mentioned in the same sentence with them is a great testament to how far MC basketball has come. Some good basketball talent coming through over the next few years.

Getting rid of the previous coach was controversial on these boards but maybe it was a good thing.
MC didn’t have any seniors last year did they? They won like 15 games or something before Hiland put a thumping on them. The year before I watched them take Hiland to ot in the districts. It seems MC has a good run of basketball talent recently

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Other than Monroe Central in there new league,who else is going to be good in there league,is River down some this season and Caldwell how are they doing without Lori now

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

I think Caldwell will be ok. They started out rough, but they have some length and pretty athletic. But I don’t think they are as good as Hiland or Monroe. To me it seems like Monroe and Hiland are the two favorites in the district.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

How about River this season,are they down a little I see where the Isaly boy seems to be doing the majority of there scoring this season

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

I have not watched River play, but getting blown out by Barnesville really jumps out as me

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

Monroe Central's new coach with a Fort Frye background which is a good thing for any team ready to take the 'next step' IMO.
Perkins coached 'em last year and had MC in the OVAC championship. He might've got a raw deal, but MC looks scary legit.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

I guess anyone who knows Fort Frye and how there system works especially on the girls side of the game,they rely on defense to win games,if MC new coach has FF ties, maybe on their defense end of the game they will some wins games,

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MetalheadGamer87 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:50 am Monroe Central's new coach with a Fort Frye background which is a good thing for any team ready to take the 'next step' IMO.
Perkins coached 'em last year and had MC in the OVAC championship. He might've got a raw deal, but MC looks scary legit.
Perkins didn’t get no raw deal. If you know the truth.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:38 pm I guess anyone who knows Fort Frye and how there system works especially on the girls side of the game,they rely on defense to win games,if MC new coach has FF ties, maybe on their defense end of the game they will some wins games,
Well Mason Lang has played under Dan so he definitely knows the system. He coached Fort Frye Jr High as well. JR high up all run same stuff. Mason lets them play way more open though.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Monroe up 52-10 on Buckeye Local at half.

Return to “Boys Basketball”