OVC preview recap.

peake71
All Conference

OVC preview recap.

Post by peake71 »

Any recap for Ovc preview, doesn't mean a lot but just wanted to hear some thoughts.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: OVC preview recap.

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Nobody go? Lol

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Arnton got ports at the buzzer... was the only game that seemed like the teams competed.. both teams have some kids.. peake killed c.g... peake looked pretty deep but hard to tell... c.g. not very good. Fairland over gallia.. again tough to gauge.. g.a. struggled. And s.p. beat r.h. by a handfull.. lovely didn't play much.. so again... not much to "preview''. S.p.,peake, Fairland, and itonton will be really good. Trojans looked better.. gallia looked like gallia physically.. but will struggle. R.h. has a couple kids.. and c.g. will have a long yr.. overall the ovc will be tough..

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I read that Ironton had a 12 point lead on Portsmouth. The Trojans slowly chipped away and actually had a 1 point lead. Ironton hit a shot at the buzzer to win by 1, only played 2 quarters. Sounds like both squads should be competitive.

Who Dey!
TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:45 pm I read that Ironton had a 12 point lead on Portsmouth. The Trojans slowly chipped away and actually had a 1 point lead. Ironton hit a shot at the buzzer to win by 1, only played 2 quarters. Sounds like both squads should be competitive.
That 12 point lead was on the second string/JV, varsity entered and played without Deandre Berry, changed the narrative. I don’t think Lisath wanted to show his cards so that’s why the younger guys were playing.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Ehhh.. I sorta agree.. ironton/portsmouth was the best contested game of the four... and both teams competed. But let's be fair.. barnes played his full bench as well... and the majority of the chipping away was done as the arnton starters were watching. Previews are previews... it was a fun game to watch. And the league is gonna be quite the gauntlet...

Return to “Boys Basketball”