Scrimmages, please post date, time and where?

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Scrimmages, please post date, time and where?

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Let’s go!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Scrimmages, please post date, time and where?

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest Mohawks
Nov. 10 home vs Green 5:00
Nov.14 home Coal Grove/ Huntington Ross 5:30
Nov.18 away Southeastern/Fairfield Christian 10:00
Nov. 21 away Piketon 5:00
Nov. 28 away Peebles 6:00
Not sure of the date of the SOC Previews was told it will be at Northwest.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles scrimmaged Franklin Furnace Green last night.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:58 pm Peebles scrimmaged Franklin Furnace Green last night.
How did the Indians and Bobcats look?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:50 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:58 pm Peebles scrimmaged Franklin Furnace Green last night.
I believe the Indians won all quarters with only one close one. Peebles has some youngsters that can ball. By January, I believe they will be pretty tough . Freshman - Seniors have a lot of depth , but; not a lot of height. Athletic for sure. Time will tell.
Green has some players. Hopefully they will gell before season start.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:50 am
Green is probably going to struggle this season. But their not going to see 3 better guards than they seen against Northwest. The Kimbler kids going to be a nice player.

Waterboy456
Waterboy

Post by Waterboy456 »

Miami Trace & Warren scrimmaged yesterday. It was some really good basketball. Both teams are deep and I would expect both to be top teams in the district. They played 6 quarters, i believe. A few very close quarters with each team winning by 1 or 2, they tied once, then Warren beat MT by 6-8, then MT beating Warren by 6-8. Overall, very even with Warren probably winning the combined quarters by a few points. 2 very well coached teams.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Waterboy456 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:38 pm Miami Trace & Warren scrimmaged yesterday. It was some really good basketball. Both teams are deep and I would expect both to be top teams in the district. They played 6 quarters, i believe. A few very close quarters with each team winning by 1 or 2, they tied once, then Warren beat MT by 6-8, then MT beating Warren by 6-8. Overall, very even with Warren probably winning the combined quarters by a few points. 2 very well coached teams.
They played 7 quarters...tied first 2...Warren won next 4 then lost the last one when they tried to play zone ( they never run zone)...final was like 95-93 Warren...very good scrimmage to start the season...both teams are top 5 if not the top 2 teams in the district IMO

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Minford traveled to Ottawa-Glandorf this weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any idea how it went? Only info I’ve heard is that they played x amount of quarters and Minford won two of them.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Heard that Valley scrimmaged New Hope Christian Academy from one of the players parents. Indians won all 4 quarters. They said it looks like they will be willing to go 7 deep this year with 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and 3 sophomores. Said the player that really stood out besides Copley was Jalen Bender.

They have another scrimmage tomorrow at home. Hoping to make it.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Thursday 11/14

Eastern Pike @ Paint Valley

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

LetsRide wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:46 am Minford traveled to Ottawa-Glandorf this weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any idea how it went? Only info I’ve heard is that they played x amount of quarters and Minford won two of them.
Minford and Ottawa Glandorf played 5 varsity quarters. Ottawa won 3 quarters and Minford won 2 quarters. Good experience for Minford to play that kind of competition, also cool to play against Colin White who signed with Ohio State to play basketball.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Valley scrimmaged South Point. I believe SP won all 5 quarters. SP looked very good. The Lovely kid is legit. He was fun to watch. Valley is young and looked overwhelmed when facing any kind of pressure. They will get better throughout the year as they learn to adjust to the speed of the game. Copley had a few nice dunks. He is definitely going to have to shoulder the load this year and help bring along the young guys.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

purplegold wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:26 am Valley scrimmaged South Point. I believe SP won all 5 quarters. SP looked very good. The Lovely kid is legit. He was fun to watch. Valley is young and looked overwhelmed when facing any kind of pressure. They will get better throughout the year as they learn to adjust to the speed of the game. Copley had a few nice dunks. He is definitely going to have to shoulder the load this year and help bring along the young guys.
... Lovely is definitely one of the best in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... was Haney able to play any? I know he was injured, didn't know the timeline for his getting back on the court ... always want the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to be full strength, want every one on the court from the opening tip the last horn ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake will be at Waverly sat. Vs Waverly and Chillicothe I believe . Time 10.00.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:03 pm
purplegold wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:26 am Valley scrimmaged South Point. I believe SP won all 5 quarters. SP looked very good. The Lovely kid is legit. He was fun to watch. Valley is young and looked overwhelmed when facing any kind of pressure. They will get better throughout the year as they learn to adjust to the speed of the game. Copley had a few nice dunks. He is definitely going to have to shoulder the load this year and help bring along the young guys.
... Lovely is definitely one of the best in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... was Haney able to play any? I know he was injured, didn't know the timeline for his getting back on the court ... always want the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line to be full strength, want every one on the court from the opening tip the last horn ...

Haney still out.. may be ready by by start of the season.

shlfan
Waterboy

Post by shlfan »

Heard south webster scrimmaged south point last week. South Webster won 4 quarters, tied 1 and lost 1.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth won all 4 quarters at D1 Oxford Talawanda last Saturday. Coach Lisath played his entire bench and the Trojans forced a number of Talawanda turnovers with their press.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

All I see are posts about how this team won this many quarters and this team won this many. WHO CARES!!! Scrimmages are for coaches to play many different players to see who can do what vs. What.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:20 pm All I see are posts about how this team won this many quarters and this team won this many. WHO CARES!!! Scrimmages are for coaches to play many different players to see who can do what vs. What.
Agreed. And they really shouldn't be open to the public.

Return to “Boys Basketball”