Southeastern

KRS
JV Team

Southeastern

Post by KRS »

The Panthers are searching for their 6th. Coach in the last 11 years . Application deadline -May 31st.

KAK
Waterboy

Re: Southeastern

Post by KAK »

I heard they already have a coach in mind. If it’s true they will be looking again in a year or two.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Not sure they have someone in mind but if some of the names I’ve heard thrown around is it , I would have to agree. Hopefully they get a good hire - without even knowing who the coach is going to be - I say a They will go at least 500. Which is a major upgrade over the last few seasons . So not a bad opportunity for someone to step into.

KAK
Waterboy

Post by KAK »

I agree that. Twelve to fourteen win’s looking at their schedule.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Seems like SE would be a nice school option for Ross Co kids who didn’t like the atmosphere at CHS. I’m surprised they don’t get more transfers.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Me too, I guess if they get the right hire that could change.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

I was told an ex coach from ZT may be taking over if true that would be a really good hire. I’m not sure anyone else with a decent resume would be interested in this job. I would like to see southeastern get back to being competitive year to year like they were for years under Coach Jordan.

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

bobcats94 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm I was told an ex coach from ZT may be taking over if true that would be a really good hire. I’m not sure anyone else with a decent resume would be interested in this job. I would like to see southeastern get back to being competitive year to year like they were for years under Coach Jordan.
Should give Howie a call. For the right deal he would jump. Always thought he would be a good fit there.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

bobcats94 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm I was told an ex coach from ZT may be taking over if true that would be a really good hire. I’m not sure anyone else with a decent resume would be interested in this job. I would like to see southeastern get back to being competitive year to year like they were for years under Coach Jordan.
Whoever they decide to hire has some nice pieces in place to be competitive. They have some nice underclassmen and the lower levels have some talent as well. I don't think anyone has expectations of the Jordan years. When they fired him in 2008, the last SVC title year. He took his 530 wins, 18 sectional titles, 12 district championships, and 3 trips to the final 4 with him and SE hasn't been the same. the coaching carousal that proceeded hasn't helped either. a lot of people remember those days but just being competitive year in and year out would suffice and i believe this was the year that will start. Best of luck to the next guy. Hopefully when they hire a coach he is here to stay for a while, build a program at all levels, and keep moving forward.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I heard they hired a new coach and AD. Both are close to retirement.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Well, it sounds like rumor became fact.
https://littermedia.com/2023/06/bryan-a ... Wxirwqym4I

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It’s been a while since Coach Alley has been the top guy in a program, but he was pretty successful while at Zane Trace.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congratulations and best of luck to Coach Alley. Definitely no stranger to the past success of the Panthers. hopefully they continue to get better and improve each year.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

This is a great hire in my opinion. Back to their roots and a guy who gets SE basketball and its culture. Congratulations Coach Alley.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:24 am This is a great hire in my opinion. Back to their roots and a guy who gets SE basketball and its culture. Congratulations Coach Alley.
The last 3 hires all have been Southeastern guys who understood the culture lol

It comes down to having the horses and being able to better get through to the current group of athletes. Can Coach Alley do that? I think so, but it’s not like Adams had a depth of talent.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:40 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:24 am This is a great hire in my opinion. Back to their roots and a guy who gets SE basketball and its culture. Congratulations Coach Alley.
The last 3 hires all have been Southeastern guys who understood the culture lol

It comes down to having the horses and being able to better get through to the current group of athletes. Can Coach Alley do that? I think so, but it’s not like Adams had a depth of talent.
"It is not about the X's and O's, it is about the Jimmie's and Joe's."

When are people EVER going to figure that out?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

February 22, 1980. Lake Placid, N.Y. - United States of America 4 Soviet Union 3. "Great moments are born from great opportunities." --- Herb Brooks. The greatest X's and O's over Vlad's and Sergei's in American history. U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A.!

Return to “Boys Basketball”