Summer Basketball

BasketballGuy
Waterboy

Summer Basketball

Post by BasketballGuy »

What schools are predicted to have stand out performances during the June basketball season and why?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: Summer Basketball

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Would like to hear the chatter as well. If anyone has info on shootouts or scrimmages, please post them. Would love to get out to some venues and watch some summer basketball. Thank you

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Does anyone have the results of the Warren shootout from a few days ago. Did hear Warren n Miami Trace were pretty good.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

E High wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:48 pm Does anyone have the results of the Warren shootout from a few days ago. Did hear Warren n Miami Trace were pretty good.
https://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/20 ... -shootout/

Go Blue
Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Looking for summer updates and 23-24 prospects for the following teams. Which of these will be as good or better this coming season vs last year?
-Warren
-Vinton County
-Marietta
-Belpre
-Waterford
-Gallia Academy

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Hookshot wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:00 pm Looking for summer updates and 23-24 prospects for the following teams. Which of these will be as good or better this coming season vs last year?
-Warren
-Vinton County
-Marietta
-Belpre
-Waterford
-Gallia Academy
This was posted on Facebook
A summer message from Coach Maddox…Much success for the Warren Basketball program this week!. The Varsity summer record is now 36-5 after competing at Ohio University Team Camp. We have had a very busy week – holding a youth camp, competing at the Marietta College Shootout with a Championship and then a runner up at our DDay shootout. We finished short handed at the OU team camp but went 16-0 in the last 16 games 19-4 at OU (BIG EFFORT)and so much improvement!!
JV has been busy as well with a Strong showing at Marietta College Shootout, a Championship at The DDay Shootout, capped with a perfect day at Logan on Friday. Our Freshman are competing very well at a level above and having success. Rod and Coach Duckworth took a new group of Jr high athletes to Eastern Ohio team camp for very successful 3 days.

Go Blue
peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

A number of teams from southern Ohio will be playing at Marshall camp Friday and Saturday. A lot games between Henderson Center and Rec Center plus 2 more.
Some teams are Chesapeake, Fairland, Sciotoville East, Valley, Walnut Hills, Alder, Pickerington, Grove City, Minford, Taylor and others. Should be 2 great days of basketball. Some are from southern Ohio.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

On first day of Marshall camp The Peake varsity had 3 wins but the competition wasn t there as the closes opponent they beat by 30. JV played one game and I felt sorry for other team as it was a blowout win.
Tomorrow will be different as they start with Teays Valley Christian (prep school).

Area51
Waterboy

Post by Area51 »

Teays Valley Christian hasn’t been a prep school for 3-4 years. All prep players are gone and they have a new coach this year.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

They may have changed but still played against some prep schools last year. Played a lot of Christian schools. We will find out tomorrow.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

TVC played a home and home with Ironton the last two seasons. Ironton beat them 79 - 61 last season and 79 - 71 two seasons ago when TVC went 18 - 9. Not sure how good they are now, but let us know. Thank you

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake beat TVC 60-38. TVC has some size and did hit some 3s The Peake was just quicker and better defensively.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Peake won all 6 of their games at Marshall, the competition wasn't great but the last game was the toughest they had. Saw a fewreally good teams there and some really bad ones. Good experience for the boys.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Any news on the Marietta basketball camp that started today ?

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Can any ZT fans help me out here? There has to be a story behind it, but I was told ZT lost to Waverly by 30 in a scrimmage. I said this can't be right or there is a simple explanation. Thank you

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Peake with two wins today at ashland league.. over Beavee Eastern and a nice Paintsville team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:49 pm Can any ZT fans help me out here? There has to be a story behind it, but I was told ZT lost to Waverly by 30 in a scrimmage. I said this can't be right or there is a simple explanation. Thank you
Probably a variety of things, but they don’t have a whole lot back when it comes to size or scoring. The Jarrell’s and Robinson played their roles well last year, but were 4th/5th options most nights.

The JV team was good, but lacked size, which will be a factor that could hurt the Pioneers this year.

As for the loss to Waverly…it’s the summer? Who knows how many kids they had available.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Good points. Thank you

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:49 pm Can any ZT fans help me out here? There has to be a story behind it, but I was told ZT lost to Waverly by 30 in a scrimmage. I said this can't be right or there is a simple explanation. Thank you
Zt will look much different this year! They will be much smaller and lack depth. Returning starters in Jarrell x2, and Landon Robinson. Senior Carter Langley & Sophomore Gunnar McCullough will be the bigs down low. The bench will be very thin, especially bigs. As far as summer ball they haven’t had a full roster yet. Jarrell and McCullough both play a lot of summer baseball. Langley is still recovering from shoulder surgery and is focused more on football. This team should be alright though and could be sneaky good. Look for them to play a different style. Minus Ream they should be a more athletic team. Just need to find that go to scorer.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Good info. Thank you.

Return to “Boys Basketball”