Norm Persin hired at SW

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Norm Persin hired at SW

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Any coach with an 81% winning percentage, 11 Consecutive Conference Championships, and a State Championship, probably isn’t out to chase talent at their current age. South Webster lacked discipline. The team has talent but it’s discipline that they need. If the team and community follows his lead, they’ll win and win a lot. We’re talking about a guy that has every single district championship in Jackson County history.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Norm on being hired as the new Head Basketball Coach at South Webster High School.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wow, congratulations to Coach Persin and the South Webster community.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm Regional championships are the new state title for SE d4 teams.

We’ve got a shot. If anyone wants to leave don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Agreed ,if they won't to bail they are unloyal anyway!

Take that somewhere else

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Better question is does anyone come to join norm at webster. when I think of him I just think of all the kids who came to oak hill

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I know you all think he’s great so I hope Howie gets a shot at Nerm. Howie will beat the brakes off of him if he gets the chance. You just wait and see. He’ll show you.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:00 pm I know you all think he’s great so I hope Howie gets a shot at Nerm. Howie will beat the brakes off of him if he gets the chance. You just wait and see. He’ll show you.
lol...trimble couldnt beat the brakes off of a ten speed with the talent they have. Your run is over for a while.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

trampoline wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:08 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:00 pm I know you all think he’s great so I hope Howie gets a shot at Nerm. Howie will beat the brakes off of him if he gets the chance. You just wait and see. He’ll show you.
lol...trimble couldnt beat the brakes off of a ten speed with the talent they have. Your run is over for a while.
Agreed, watched Trimble twice last year and I'm not sure they would have beaten most of the JV teams in the SOC II. Howie is a good coach, but Stormin Normin's record speaks for itself. He obviously had a lot of talent over the years but there is no coach around (Barrick, Jordan, etc.) That did not have A LOT of talented teams to rack up the number of wins that those guys have. Sounds like with family in district and multiple other reasons it is a great fit for him.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Great for Norm, can't give it up. There are a lot of Norm haters out there but his record speaks for itself. I wish him well as he gets back on the court once again.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I know Coach Persin, great coach, good guy. I met last year's coach, great guy, good coach.

But if last year's coach could not make it there because of personality conflicts, what in the heck y'all think you are getting with Coach Persin? Sure he will get you some wins along the way, but he is going to hurt some feelings too.

Good luck to y'all.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

It’s the coaches job to get everything under control and weed out the ones who can’t hack it. The last one failed for an entire tenure

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BasketballGuy
Waterboy

Post by BasketballGuy »

Congrats to coach Persin on the coaching position at SW, I’m sure there will a lot of haters but that’s what jealousy does to people.
Historically coach has been a know none sense type of coach this will be a rude awaking for some kids who haven’t ever experienced it. But I blame parents for raising snowflakes and telling their kids everyone deserves the same treatment. Where has work ethic went?
Coach Persin will entraduce this culture and your kids will except it or not play
Go Jeep Nation

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

BasketballGuy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:06 am Congrats to coach Persin on the coaching position at SW, I’m sure there will a lot of haters but that’s what jealousy does to people.
Historically coach has been a know none sense type of coach this will be a rude awaking for some kids who haven’t ever experienced it. But I blame parents for raising snowflakes and telling their kids everyone deserves the same treatment. Where has work ethic went?
Coach Persin will entraduce this culture and your kids will except it or not play
Go Jeep Nation
I agree. That is why I am saying that there will be some hurt feelings a long the way. There is no doubt the man can coach...but he is as old school as it gets and today's teenager is not mentally and emotionally equipped to handle what is about to unfold onto them. Good luck!

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Wish South Webster and Coach Persin best of luck. Going to enjoy watching one of the best roam the sideline again throwing the towel over his shoulder.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

Will Normal adopt the new age Tranzone defense? Or is he too old, ate up and set in his ways to try anything new and cutting edge?

GalliaGrad81
Waterboy

Post by GalliaGrad81 »

This is a good hire for SW. He will have success there.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Can he lure Jim Slone to SW? He’s retired.😁

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

30-minute interview scheduled with Coach Persin for this Saturday on the Saturday Morning Sportsline on 1260 AM WNXT/95.7 FM. From 9-11.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Don't see this move going as well as most anticipate

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

slayter wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:45 am Don't see this move going as well as most anticipate
I agree. They’re going to have an ancient old man screaming at most of the players but coddling the entitled one because he needs him to win. And this is a win at all costs coach. Good luck. 🍀

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Boys Basketball”