East District Hiland's Mark Schlabach

buckcc
Freshman Team

East District Hiland's Mark Schlabach

Post by buckcc »

Just wanted to say congratulations to our Hiland Hawks boys basketball coach Mark Schlabach for winning his 500 career game against Northside Christian last Friday, Mark has been coaching 22 years of varsity basketball,5 years at Loudonville and the other 17 years at Hiland ,his coaching record at Loudonville was 105-18 and at Hiland after the Northside Christian game he is 395-85, which makes his overall coaching record at 500-103

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: East District Hiland's Mark Schlabach

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations Coach Schlabach on reaching "rare air" - 500 career wins ... 83% winning percentage ! in only 22 years ... avg. of 23 wins every time he tees up a season!! THAT doesn't suck ... I've only seen the product that Coach Schlabach brings to the Convo in the regionals seemingly every year ... teams that are TEAMS - fundamentally sound, great defense, deliberate offensive attach ... I'm sure he has consistency in the ranks from lower grades on up - if not with personnel at least with "expectations" as to what is taught, how it's taught and THAT IT IS IN FACT TAUGHT ... the successful programs such as what Coach Schlaback has built - twice! isn't just based on "talent" of kids (and he has had outstanding talent) - the talent is "taught the game" with the "talent" expected to have the same fundamental soundness both offense/defense as every other player on the TEAM ... he's a good one ! the good one's know how to teach/coach the game ... great milestone passed - congratulations Coach Schlabach - pfloyd ...

Calvin
Freshman Team

Re: East District Hiland's Mark Schlabach

Post by Calvin »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:21 pm Congratulations Coach Schlabach on reaching "rare air" - 500 career wins ... 83% winning percentage ! in only 22 years ... avg. of 23 wins every time he tees up a season!! THAT doesn't suck ... I've only seen the product that Coach Schlabach brings to the Convo in the regionals seemingly every year ... teams that are TEAMS - fundamentally sound, great defense, deliberate offensive attach ... I'm sure he has consistency in the ranks from lower grades on up - if not with personnel at least with "expectations" as to what is taught, how it's taught and THAT IT IS IN FACT TAUGHT ... the successful programs such as what Coach Schlaback has built - twice! isn't just based on "talent" of kids (and he has had outstanding talent) - the talent is "taught the game" with the "talent" expected to have the same fundamental soundness both offense/defense as every other player on the TEAM ... he's a good one ! the good one's know how to teach/coach the game ... great milestone passed - congratulations Coach Schlabach - pfloyd ...
Probably not a whole lot of daddy ball going on in that program. I doubt that there are many parents going to board members and trying to get the guy fired for not favoring their little Jimmy either. Those two things are prevalent in this area though and there’s also no shortage of “experts” who know way more than the coaches. Hence, no surprise that there aren’t any teams in this area that ever beat Hiland.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Boys Basketball”