Multiple DPOY but sub par players. Right

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
jeepmadness
JV Team

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by jeepmadness »

Multiple?

Top to bottom sub par. No one in the past 5 years could just put the team on their back and go get it done each night. 5-6 role players each night playing together to get it done. Last time I checked that’s a good coaching job.

If he’s had multiple players of the year that’s good coaching too.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
Jimmy Chitwood
Waterboy

Post by Jimmy Chitwood »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:59 pm Multiple DPOY but sub par players. Right
Who were they??

sosfanswbb
Waterboy

Post by sosfanswbb »

jeepmadness wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:38 am Looking for that greener grass again only to find out it probably won’t be.
Still trying to figure out why we wanted Cole to go? Has he had a losing season? Did he verbally, mentally or physically harm a player? Is this an X’s and O’s thing?

He’s had winning seasons with sub level players. Pretty sure he hasn’t harmed anyone. X’s and O’s might be an argument but that is going to be a point of concern no matter who we bring in. That’s just opinions.
Member of the community, active in the youth programs, law abiding citizen, understands the culture between the school and community.
Looking for? Career coach trying to get to the next phase in their career. Coach looking to pad their stats no matter how it’s done.
I just hope he left because he wanted to step down and not forced to or he was fired.
The drama that he inherited has been nothing like I’ve ever seen. As soon as one diva is gone and another shows up. That diva is gone and then another shows up. That’s not a coaching responsibility that is a parent’s responsibility to recognize and handle at home.
Anyways. Congratulations Brenton Cole on the next phase and thanks for your involvement and commitment to the team, school and community.
Coach Cole was a great person here and was liked for his commitment to the school, community and the team. Came to me as a shock on here that it was open. Hope nothing but the best for him no matter where he ends up going if anywhere at all.

P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

How about JG? Has anyone thought about him? I know he’s interested and will apply if it is officially announced. He’s definitely more than qualified. Can’t see a better choice from anywhere in the area. Just sayin.

I like to pee on my finger and stick it in your ear. 😂
Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

P Finger wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:32 pm How about JG? Has anyone thought about him? I know he’s interested and will apply if it is officially announced. He’s definitely more than qualified. Can’t see a better choice from anywhere in the area. Just sayin.
Who is JG?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:41 pm
P Finger wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:32 pm How about JG? Has anyone thought about him? I know he’s interested and will apply if it is officially announced. He’s definitely more than qualified. Can’t see a better choice from anywhere in the area. Just sayin.
Who is JG?
JG would be a grand slam, home run hire for Webster! No way would he be interested in a job like this with his resume though.*

sosfanswbb
Waterboy

Post by sosfanswbb »

Hoopster98 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:41 pm
Who is JG?
I’ll second that…who is JG?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

You guys kidding me? You really don’t know who JG is? Yeah, Webster doesn’t deserve him then.*

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

I dont think it would be appropriate to divulge a name without permission. That being said, JG is a proven winner who has ties to a program steeped in basketball tradition. I was talking to him once about various schools and he said then he thought the Jeeps job was a sleeping giant. He also said that if the right time ever came up in his life that he would consider the job. Lets just hope the powers that be recognize him for what he is.......the perfect choice,

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

The big question here is can a guy take a coaching job if he has been inducted into some other schools hall of fame? He is still pretty young though.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

JG to state confirmed. Trimble fans in shambles

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 am JG to state confirmed. Trimble fans in shambles
Nope. JG, PP pick any initials you want and we’re not gonna be worried because you will never find any coach better than our HC. I said it first, JG and PP will never be as good as HC.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Jimmie Gillispie
Waterboy

Post by Jimmie Gillispie »

Well, I guess I better come out of the woodwork and share a few of my accomplishments. Hopefully, I can generate enough evidence that I am the guy that JeepNation will clamor for my eventual hiring. Some talking points:

1. I am the former Head Basketball Coach at Bishop Sycamore High School where we won 7 national titles. I was named PowerAde National Coach of the Year in all of those years.
2. Graduated from the Stomp and Stare Academy with honors.
3. Great friends with Farmer Yoder and many of his officiating disciples.
4. Played College Basketball under John Lawhorn at Rio Grande.
5. I am undefeated against Moeller.

Go Anywhere. Do Anything.®
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jimmie Gillispie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:29 am Well, I guess I better come out of the woodwork and share a few of my accomplishments. Hopefully, I can generate enough evidence that I am the guy that JeepNation will clamor for my eventual hiring. Some talking points:

1. I am the former Head Basketball Coach at Bishop Sycamore High School where we won 7 national titles. I was named PowerAde National Coach of the Year in all of those years.
2. Graduated from the Stomp and Stare Academy with honors.
3. Great friends with Farmer Yoder and many of his officiating disciples.
4. Played College Basketball under John Lawhorn at Rio Grande.
5. I am undefeated against Moeller.

How much do you hate Trimble and Wheelersburg? This is critical

Jimmie Gillispie
Waterboy

Post by Jimmie Gillispie »

I loathe them both with all my heart. One of the attractive points of the job is the chance to beat the brakes off Tremble in the Tourney every year.

Go Anywhere. Do Anything.®
P Finger
Waterboy

Post by P Finger »

Go ahead and make a mockery of it boys but you are missing out if you don’t give JG a look.

I like to pee on my finger and stick it in your ear. 😂
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

HERO wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:06 pm Norm as head coach with Fenton as his top assistant
Lovely will transfer, with Norm becoming coach.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

So just uh being. Nosey, so who is JG? Not from out there. Used to know a couple kids that played through travel ball a few years ago. But that's all. Enlighten please

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Can’t see stormin Norman being a better choice than JG. I don’t think it would be appropriate to name him on social media. His true identity can be found if you desire it enough. The people at Southwebstern will be happy with this hire.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

Return to “Boys Basketball”