South Webster - Head Coach

alumnisportsseoswbb
Waterboy

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by alumnisportsseoswbb »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:33 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am If Norm took it why would he only be there a couple years? Pierce K isn’t even in Jr High yet.

I guarantee though the best players will always play with Persin coaching regardless where they came from or what their last name is (as it should be). Won’t be any BS from the kids or their parents either. Some people going to figure that out quick, or will be playing elsewhere.*
This is what Webster has needed for many, many years.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

There’s a Storm brewing in Webster…

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
seosportsfanalumni
Waterboy

Post by seosportsfanalumni »

alumnisportsseoswbb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am
seosportsfanalumni wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 pm I thought this topic had died so I haven’t looked in a couple days!! According to people around the school and community, they might as well close the applications and not do any interviews. Supposedly, since Norm put in for it, it’s his to have.

I’ll go against some of the wave. Norm would not be good for this position. Bring in someone that wants to connect with the kids, be apart of the community other than just October-March. Bring in someone that isn’t just looking for a hopeful run of wins. Someone that could be there for the long run. Be honest, how many years will Norm be there? 2 or 3? Then the process starts over again with no development of younger players. Bring someone in that wants to invest not only in the team but the school, team and community.
Long time reader, told myself I would stay out of this since I live out of town but I can't anymore.

We get it, you want Sheets. You are either Sheets himself, or a relative/friend of Sheets. You want a Jr. High Coach with zero HS coaching experience or even playing experience to follow up on a season where fans thought they underachieved. Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

My nephew is in the freshman class. I watched nearly all of their Junior High games on the live stream. You're right, this freshman class had a lot of hype. Guess how many times they won the Junior High Championship? None. Guess how many times they even made the Championship? That is also none. I don't want to see my nephew underachieve with a coach that has no clue what he's doing other than create preps accounts to hype himself up. Quit trying to angle this to fit your agenda.

Personally, I'd love Norm. South Webster has needed someone who will push the kids for many years now. If Norm is willing to risk his health to do it, why the heck wouldn't South Webster jump on that? If fans want to see their kid pushed and win games he's by far the best choice and it's not even close. I know my brother and I would be ecstatic with the hire, even if that means my nephew gets yelled at sometimes or doesn't even get as much playing time. That'll push him to work harder.
Never once said Sheets should be the coach. He didn't play in high school and has only coached for a very short time and jr. high at that. High school is a different game. Experience will go a long way with this group of players. We all know that. I am just saying that the yelling and screaming and name calling and other antics aren't going to win players over any more.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Didn’t Valley try the “Norm Experiment” a few years back, and it failed miserably?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

MattyIce wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:58 am Didn’t Valley try the “Norm Experiment” a few years back, and it failed miserably?
I checked MaxPreps to make sure but looks like they had a winning season and lost in the district final to New Boston, who of course won the Regional and went to State. I'm not sure I'd consider that "failing miserably."

Aren't you the one that dogged Cole all of last year? Curious, who exactly do you want to be the coach there? You seem to have an issue with South Webster basketball but refuse to actually name a logical (and possible) choice to lead the way MattyIce wants them to be led. Have you applied? I think you should.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jimmie Gillispie
Waterboy

Post by Jimmie Gillispie »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am There’s a Storm brewing in Webster…
Hurricane Jimmie at your service. The boys at Southwebstern will be a TEAM in every sense if the word.

Go Anywhere. Do Anything.®
Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

seosportsfanalumni wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 pm I thought this topic had died so I haven’t looked in a couple days!! According to people around the school and community, they might as well close the applications and not do any interviews. Supposedly, since Norm put in for it, it’s his to have.

I’ll go against some of the wave. Norm would not be good for this position. Bring in someone that wants to connect with the kids, be apart of the community other than just October-March. Bring in someone that isn’t just looking for a hopeful run of wins. Someone that could be there for the long run. Be honest, how many years will Norm be there? 2 or 3? Then the process starts over again with no development of younger players. Bring someone in that wants to invest not only in the team but the school, team and community.
Well, well, well, if it aint my cousin! How ya doing Coach Sheetz? Best wishes on getting the basketball gig you been talking about. Good job of running off the loser coach they had. Let me know if you need officials. me and Farmer Yoder are at your service.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The sad part about all of this talk, by the looks of it no one is beating Richmond Heights in DIV for awhile. Even if they move up to DIII they then have to contend with Africentric, Harvest Prep and Lutheran East.

The reality is that it looks like a team from our area will be hard pressed to get out of either of those regionals. Sad to say that but these SE teams can't compete with that.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 am The sad part about all of this talk, by the looks of it no one is beating Richmond Heights in DIV for awhile. Even if they move up to DIII they then have to contend with Africentric, Harvest Prep and Lutheran East.

The reality is that it looks like a team from our area will be hard pressed to get out of either of those regionals. Sad to say that but these SE teams can't compete with that.
I totally agree. I watched some of the D4 state final on TV and Richmond Heights might be the best team in the entire state - and they're D4. And return every.... single... player... I think you could have pfloyd pick the 5 best SEO players and have them play against Richmond and the SEO team would lose by 30+. Ridiculous.

Africentric graduates a lot (as well as an Xavier commit) so that weakens the regional a bit, but who knows who moves into Harvest Prep in the offseason. Worthington Christian is another one to keep an eye on. Unfortunately for SEO D3, a lot of the top teams from this year graduate key pieces as well. Minford and North Adams have by far the best chances moving forward, but the D3 Athens region will always be brutal.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:00 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:52 am The sad part about all of this talk, by the looks of it no one is beating Richmond Heights in DIV for awhile. Even if they move up to DIII they then have to contend with Africentric, Harvest Prep and Lutheran East.

I totally agree. I watched some of the D4 state final on TV and Richmond Heights might be the best team in the entire state - and they're D4. And return every.... single... player... I think you could have pfloyd pick the 5 best SEO players and have them play against Richmond and the SEO team would lose by 30+. Ridiculous.

Africentric graduates a lot (as well as an Xavier commit) so that weakens the regional a bit, but who knows who moves into Harvest Prep in the offseason. Worthington Christian is another one to keep an eye on. Unfortunately for SEO D3, a lot of the top teams from this year graduate key pieces as well. Minford and North Adams have by far the best chances moving forward, but the D3 Athens region will always be brutal.

Yeah, those teams just reload. I'm wondering if the Roberts boy doesn't go to Minford, but not sure they want the drama.

Also heard from a pretty reliable portsmouth source that Lattimore is coming to Burg next year to play football and basketball. Guess he has some drama with him as well so we will see how that pans out.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

It's the drama generation, heck we have D1 Athletes doing provocative dances on tik tok and using songs with profanity and suggestions, so I don't know why we would be surprised. Iphone Time.... swipe swipe

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I have also heard Lattimore to Burg. He’s a heck of an athlete / player. However, if Portsmouth ends up hiring Lisath as they should, I can’t see any kid leaving Portsmouth. Jeff has done a tremendous job everywhere he’s been and would be a grand slam hire for Portsmouth.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 am I have also heard Lattimore to Burg. He’s a heck of an athlete / player. However, if Portsmouth ends up hiring Lisath as they should, I can’t see any kid leaving Portsmouth. Jeff has done a tremendous job everywhere he’s been and would be a grand slam hire for Portsmouth.
He would be a great hire but I thought he had been offered in the past and turned it down. He might change his mind this time and he would be great for those kids.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

The logical choice will be whoever Kreischer can put on a string and control. Why did Valley get rid of Norm
If it was such a great success?
The only time you chime in Junky is to tell someone how ridiculous their opinion is if it doesn’t align with yours. Have you applied? You seem to be the now it all of south east Ohio basketball. Stick your neck out and get off your keyboard!!! Can I put you down as a reference? It’s obvious you are well- known amongst the basketball world. 🤣🤣🤣

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Sheets will not get the job nor even be considered. It will either be Fenton or Norm. If I had to guess it will be Norm with Fenton helping.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

seosportsfanalumni wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:34 am
alumnisportsseoswbb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am

Long time reader, told myself I would stay out of this since I live out of town but I can't anymore.

We get it, you want Sheets. You are either Sheets himself, or a relative/friend of Sheets. You want a Jr. High Coach with zero HS coaching experience or even playing experience to follow up on a season where fans thought they underachieved. Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever.

My nephew is in the freshman class. I watched nearly all of their Junior High games on the live stream. You're right, this freshman class had a lot of hype. Guess how many times they won the Junior High Championship? None. Guess how many times they even made the Championship? That is also none. I don't want to see my nephew underachieve with a coach that has no clue what he's doing other than create preps accounts to hype himself up. Quit trying to angle this to fit your agenda.

Personally, I'd love Norm. South Webster has needed someone who will push the kids for many years now. If Norm is willing to risk his health to do it, why the heck wouldn't South Webster jump on that? If fans want to see their kid pushed and win games he's by far the best choice and it's not even close. I know my brother and I would be ecstatic with the hire, even if that means my nephew gets yelled at sometimes or doesn't even get as much playing time. That'll push him to work harder.
Never once said Sheets should be the coach. He didn't play in high school and has only coached for a very short time and jr. high at that. High school is a different game. Experience will go a long way with this group of players. We all know that. I am just saying that the yelling and screaming and name calling and other antics aren't going to win players over any more.
Kids these days don’t respond well to being screamed at and belittled constantly. It’s a problem in both football and basketball at our school. And the results recently reflect this. Kids shut down and some eventually just quit. I never thought I’d support a player quitting a team until recently, but being very close to the situation opened my eyes.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 am I have also heard Lattimore to Burg. He’s a heck of an athlete / player. However, if Portsmouth ends up hiring Lisath as they should, I can’t see any kid leaving Portsmouth. Jeff has done a tremendous job everywhere he’s been and would be a grand slam hire for Portsmouth.
He aint JG!

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Spoken just like a Sheets. That Sheets guy ar Eastern was nothing but a trouble maker. Steer clear Southwebstern! The apple dont fall far from the tree.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 pm Spoken just like a Sheets. That Sheets guy ar Eastern was nothing but a trouble maker. Steer clear Southwebstern! The apple dont fall far from the tree.
Yeah, Eastern couldn’t even beat Trimble this year, so steer clear of their coach for sure.

Theyoungprod.2
Waterboy

Post by Theyoungprod.2 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 pm Spoken just like a Sheets. That Sheets guy ar Eastern was nothing but a trouble maker. Steer clear Southwebstern! The apple dont fall far from the tree.
I’m talking about the sheets at sw

Return to “Boys Basketball”