South Webster - Head Coach

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: South Webster - Head Coach

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:53 am Marc made it to state without Brigham. If not for africentrics vacated season it would’ve been three in a row .
But he won it with him. Brigham was a stud.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:53 am Marc made it to state without Brigham. If not for africentrics vacated season it would’ve been three in a row .
Come on out of retirement, I want to see him coach without a D1 prospect.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

He almost made it to the regional finals the year after without the gang

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

12-11 South Webster lost to state runner up Canal Winchester 22-0 58-51 in 2007 in the regional semi’s at the barn

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

One would think the School Board would make an exception for “The Chosen One” and let him coach and still remain the Super.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

The3LeggedMan wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:53 pm Norman and Marcus are peas in a pod. Both Narcissistic and have tainted state titles with recruits. It will be interesting to see how all the mamas at SW adjust to their entitled princes getting a dose of Norman's ego. Good luck with that. Ask any Valley parent about both of them
Yeah if Howie got recruits like those guys do we’d already have at least two state titles. We do it with our own players, not someone else’s.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Calvin wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:44 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am
SG REBEL wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm

I played against Norm. He was never a very good ball player. When he became a coach he really thought he was something so he ridiculed
I've never understood how people think a coach yelling at and ridiculing a player in front of everyone is going to "harden" him up for life. Now if a coach is trying to teach a kid something then that should be fine. But to just scream at a kid because he did something wrong is just stupid. These kids are playing the game in high school because they love the game. Very few are going on to play at the next level so yelling at them isn't going to make them play harder for you. Coach a kid up and he will give you 110% everytime. Yell at him and he will shut down in a heartbeat.
Well you can’t just scream at them. You gotta make sure your spit hits them in the face and a good case of dragon breath helps too. If the coach employs that trifecta it’ll harden up even the softest of doughboys. Just ask Howsie.
Well Howie does all those things but our players are a lot tougher than players at other schools are. Our boys love it but they get raised that way.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Howie still has those 2 timeouts in his pocket from the Regional Semi vs. Africentric too, when he was up 5 with a minute left.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

N2Hoops wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:22 am Howie still has those 2 timeouts in his pocket from the Regional Semi vs. Africentric too, when he was up 5 with a minute left.
He was too busy stomping and staring at the refs to think about a timeout. :mrgreen:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Post by The3LeggedMan »

MattyIce wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:31 am One would think the School Board would make an exception for “The Chosen One” and let him coach and still remain the Super.
They appear to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't coach them then pappy Norman is the same thing. Fact is he only won one title and that was with D1 guard that took it to OJ Mayo the year before and lived in Ironton the whole time. Swanker must be drunk on the same stuff the assistant coaches are on to keep arguing that. Clean your nose off Bruh

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I was there and seen it with my own eyes.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:59 pm I was there and seen it with my own eyes.
For what thats worth

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:15 am 12-11 South Webster lost to state runner up Canal Winchester 22-0 58-51 in 2007 in the regional semi’s at the barn
Swanker are you sure this wasn't 06 or 08, I thought Western played Harvest Prep in Regional Finals in 2007. Mcleod, White, and shanks were on that team got beat on a last second shot at the barn.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

bobcats94 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:54 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:15 am 12-11 South Webster lost to state runner up Canal Winchester 22-0 58-51 in 2007 in the regional semi’s at the barn
Swanker are you sure this wasn't 06 or 08, I thought Western played Harvest Prep in Regional Finals in 2007. Mcleod, White, and shanks were on that team got beat on a last second shot at the barn.
2006 was the year we won, 2007 lost in regional semis with a team that finished the regular season 12-11, 08-09 never happened we don’t discuss those years. Ater came in 2010

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Get the towels out boys

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

When is the big announcement gonna happen, Swank?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Haven’t heard yet but there’s a storm brewing

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Is SW relevant again with Norm and Fenton at the helm now?

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

If it’s Norm, I’m interested to see what happens to the apparent issues of selfishness with the star player. Winning early and often will paper over a lot, but if that young man (and his family) take issue with criticism, there is a recipe for disaster. On the positive side, from what I saw of the Jeeps this year, most of the team seemed very coachable.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:28 pm Is SW relevant again with Norm and Fenton at the helm now?
Webster always relevant as long as they D4. Question is will the players and parents buy in allowing the program to actually have a chance to win District/Regional championships again? That remains to be seen no matter who coaching.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”