Waterboy

Thank you Lancers!

Post by Rollie »

Thanks for a great season!

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Re: Thank you Lancers!

Post by Almost Champions »

It is unbelievable to me that someone can be thankful for getting beat. Being accepting of poor performance is exaxctly why you guys lost. We didnt accept it in 1980 and 1982 when we were state runners up. And I can guarantee Howie would never have accepted that. Too bad he doesnt coach there anymore. You guys would have been state champs with his leadership.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Almost Champions wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:49 am It is unbelievable to me that someone can be thankful for getting beat. Being accepting of poor performance is exaxctly why you guys lost. We didnt accept it in 1980 and 1982 when we were state runners up. And I can guarantee Howie would never have accepted that. Too bad he doesnt coach there anymore. You guys would have been state champs with his leadership.
I sincerely hope that nobody believes that this idiot is from southern

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

trampoline wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:15 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:49 am It is unbelievable to me that someone can be thankful for getting beat. Being accepting of poor performance is exaxctly why you guys lost. We didnt accept it in 1980 and 1982 when we were state runners up. And I can guarantee Howie would never have accepted that. Too bad he doesnt coach there anymore. You guys would have been state champs with his leadership.
I sincerely hope that nobody believes that this idiot is from southern
Sadly enough, he is. I played on same team with him in HS.

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

and while what he said was pretty abrasive. It does have some elements of truth. We werent happy if we didnt win.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Which means you were unhappy twice since you guys choked both times. Stop picking on kids. This stuff comes back to roost.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

When’s the last time Southern got to the regional? Was it 1982? I have to say that was a great year. But if it was that long since I won something I wouldn’t be bashing others. Now on the other hand I see the point of the post. But it carries a lot more weight coming from Trimble than it does from Southern. We’re never happy when we lose, and that’s why we don’t very often.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
trampoline
Riding the Bench

Post by trampoline »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:07 pm When’s the last time Southern got to the regional? Was it 1982? I have to say that was a great year. But if it was that long since I won something I wouldn’t be bashing others. Now on the other hand I see the point of the post. But it carries a lot more weight coming from Trimble than it does from Southern. We’re never happy when we lose, and that’s why we don’t very often.
and you are just as big an idiot as he is. how many times did you lose this year.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

trampoline wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:36 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:07 pm When’s the last time Southern got to the regional? Was it 1982? I have to say that was a great year. But if it was that long since I won something I wouldn’t be bashing others. Now on the other hand I see the point of the post. But it carries a lot more weight coming from Trimble than it does from Southern. We’re never happy when we lose, and that’s why we don’t very often.
and you are just as big an idiot as he is. how many times did you lose this year.
And how many times were we on here thanking our team for losing? Dummy.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

If i catch the meaning of some people's logic correctly, only eight teams in the state should be happy (4 boys & 4 girls). No, that doesn't work. A team and their fans should be happy (maybe the best word is satisfied) if their team plays hard and accomplishes all they can. If you lose to a more talented team but put out the best effort you can, I will take that. We are so wrapped up with winning that we forget sometimes that is not possible.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Cousin H wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:35 pm and while what he said was pretty abrasive. It does have some elements of truth. We werent happy if we didnt win.
Where on this thread does it say anyone from Federal Hocking is happy they didn't win?? You can say thanks for a great season and be disappointed in a loss.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:28 pm
Cousin H wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:35 pm and while what he said was pretty abrasive. It does have some elements of truth. We werent happy if we didnt win.
Where on this thread does it say anyone from Federal Hocking is happy they didn't win?? You can say thanks for a great season and be disappointed in a loss.
It just feels like mediocrity being accepted. When you consider all that was done to try to set the table for a state title : getting kids an early release from jail, spotlighting deer for team meals, the basketball coach talking kids out of playing football , etc. it just is really a downer and from the outside it seems like losing is accepted there.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:20 am
Hookshot wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:28 pm
It just feels like mediocrity being accepted. When you consider all that was done to try to set the table for a state title : getting kids an early release from jail, spotlighting deer for team meals, the basketball coach talking kids out of playing football , etc. it just is really a downer and from the outside it seems like losing is accepted there.

Eastern knows everything about being mediocre.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

Fed Hock is having a great run. but thats all it is .....a run. pretty soon they will go back to being Fed and we will still be dominant every year.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
247sports
Waterboy

Post by 247sports »

Not one of those kids on the FH roster were ever in jail, juvey, or prison. It seems like everyone on this site makes it their mission to just tear down other schools. It’s beyond belief really. Spotlighting deer for team meals, come on! Are you adults or children trying to relive your failed sports careers! FH had a great season and the boys had a great run from their youth days. A big community of support. I have followed SE preps all football and basketball season. I love the insight from those that are educated and have meaningful dialogue. This place is truly filled with so many hateful people. Some of you aren’t satisfied unless you are tearing others down. Adult bullies! It has been entertaining and insane all at the same time!

So yes, thank you Lancers. You had so many people engaged in your season and following your story. Athens County filled the stands at the convo in a sea of maroon and gold.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

The performance was sub par for what to be expected. It’s a shame the boys can’t look forward to baseball / football. Thompson will bring in some ex cons for next year to get back to a district!

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

247sports wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:06 pm It seems like everyone on this site makes it their mission to just tear down other schools. It’s beyond belief really. Spotlighting deer for team meals, come on! This place is truly filled with so many hateful people. Some of you aren’t satisfied unless you are tearing others down. Adult bullies! It has been entertaining and insane all at the same time!
Sounds like someone got picked on a lot in school. Sorry for your troubled youth buddy, but it’s time to accept that not everyone gets a trophy and only your mommy thinks you always do a great job.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

247sports wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:06 pm Not one of those kids on the FH roster were ever in jail, juvey, or prison. It seems like everyone on this site makes it their mission to just tear down other schools. It’s beyond belief really. Spotlighting deer for team meals, come on! Are you adults or children trying to relive your failed sports careers! FH had a great season and the boys had a great run from their youth days. A big community of support. I have followed SE preps all football and basketball season. I love the insight from those that are educated and have meaningful dialogue. This place is truly filled with so many hateful people. Some of you aren’t satisfied unless you are tearing others down. Adult bullies! It has been entertaining and insane all at the same time!

So yes, thank you Lancers. You had so many people engaged in your season and following your story. Athens County filled the stands at the convo in a sea of maroon and gold.
Why do you have a problem with venison for a team meal? Those kids at FH have been good at shooting in the dark for quite awhile from what I hear.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
247sports
Waterboy

Post by 247sports »

@CousinH , Definitely not picked on. haha this site is a joke other than the folks who actually have substance to talk about. And we wonder why kids are awful. The adults are just as bad! I’m actually not a “buddy” buddy. The lack respect for anyone amazes me. Keyboard warriors!

Cousin H
Waterboy

Post by Cousin H »

;)
247sports wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:21 am @CousinH , Definitely not picked on. haha this site is a joke other than the folks who actually have substance to talk about. And we wonder why kids are awful. The adults are just as bad! I’m actually not a “buddy” buddy. The lack respect for anyone amazes me. Keyboard warriors!
It’s a shame how soft people like you are. But as you said you lack respect for others and you certainly do fit the mold of a keyboard warrior. You just need a little thicker skin and you should be fine buddy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”