Minford at portsmouth Friday the 17th

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Minford at portsmouth Friday the 17th

Post by biggdowgg »

Just wanted to talk about the "game" .

Trojan arena was almost a packed house and we was witnessing one of the best high school games of the year, halftime score was 33 to 32 in favor of minford ,both teams was looking really good....my Trojans was holding their own against a number 1 seed, Minford is loaded and will be for at least a couple more years.

Good luck to both teams in Boston season

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Minford at portsmouth Friday the 17th

Post by Raider6309 »

Was the gun arrested that had the gun?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Minford is the real deal, with a solid starting 5. Good size, good shooters, and a great PG in Montgomery. I was very proud how the Trojans gave the Falcons all they wanted, even if it was a 2 quarter game. I thought it was the best basketball Portsmouth played since the 2nd half vs. Fairland. I just hope Tuesday night they can play at that level because winning tourney games on a neutral court is hard enough, but to win on the opponent's home gym is even harder. Coach Arey will have his Indians ready and no doubt they will play hard to protect their home court.

By far the biggest crowd of the year at Trojan Arena, with the lower seats full and a good number in the upper deck. Minford was well represented.

I still maintain Minford has a great shot to make the Final 4.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:09 pm Minford is the real deal, with a solid starting 5. Good size, good shooters, and a great PG in Montgomery. I was very proud how the Trojans gave the Falcons all they wanted, even if it was a 2 quarter game. I thought it was the best basketball Portsmouth played since the 2nd half vs. Fairland. I just hope Tuesday night they can play at that level because winning tourney games on a neutral court is hard enough, but to win on the opponent's home gym is even harder. Coach Arey will have his Indians ready and no doubt they will play hard to protect their home court.

By far the biggest crowd of the year at Trojan Arena, with the lower seats full and a good number in the upper deck. Minford was well represented.

I still maintain Minford has a great shot to make the Final 4.
I would be very surprised if Minford isn't in the final four,this is the third time I've seen them and they are fun to watch, I agree our boys played two great quarters

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Lots of pressure to make a final four that goes through Africentric. I would settle for this Minford team getting the opportunity and then see what happens. Swain is just a man amongst boys. That Steele kid is raw and incredibly athletic. They run body after body at you. Can't wait for tourney basketball. LET'S GO FALCONS!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Portsmouth trying to brush it under the rug :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:58 pm Lots of pressure to make a final four that goes through Africentric. I would settle for this Minford team getting the opportunity and then see what happens. Swain is just a man amongst boys. That Steele kid is raw and incredibly athletic. They run body after body at you. Can't wait for tourney basketball. LET'S GO FALCONS!

I still feel like they can do it, the starting 5 is five of the best I've seen, most good teams have 2 maybe 3 starters that can score ,minford starting five can put big points up and they play great defense,with pretty good size.

I will be rooting for Minford

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I will see,bigdogg and trojandave this week here at Peebles. Safe travels guys. I will be seated up behind the visitors bench with my family. Hope to see a great game.PHS vs PHS.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:18 pm I will see,bigdogg and trojandave this week here at Peebles. Safe travels guys. I will be seated up behind the visitors bench with my family. Hope to see a great game.PHS vs PHS.
We definitely know PHS will win....lol.....hope to say hello,we talked with your coach a couple times in the last few weeks..

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:24 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:18 pm I will see,bigdogg and trojandave this week here at Peebles. Safe travels guys. I will be seated up behind the visitors bench with my family. Hope to see a great game.PHS vs PHS.
We definitely know PHS will win....lol.....hope to say hello,we talked with your coach a couple times in the last few weeks..
Prayers for travel mercies. See ya!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”