Martins Ferry Incident?

LetsRide
Waterboy

Martins Ferry Incident?

Post by LetsRide »

Per Seth Staskey on twitter

“People are being held inside Martins Ferry HS. Heavy police presence. Nothing confirmed as to what exactly is going on.”

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Martins Ferry Incident?

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wow, hope everyone is ok.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Per Seth staskey once again

“People are being permitted to leave. Still heavy police presence. More debuts cruisers have arrived”
No word on what occurred

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Unfortunately this typically means fight amongst the players and or fans…. I saw a photo of the teams shaking hands after the game though so I don’t think players are involved…. My guess is some immature adults did something stupid.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hope that everyone is okay.

I’m concerned that we won’t see fans much longer at games if this behavior doesn’t change in the coming years.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 pm Unfortunately this typically means fight amongst the players and or fans…. I saw a photo of the teams shaking hands after the game though so I don’t think players are involved…. My guess is some immature adults did something stupid.
Immature That’s a compliment. The millennial parents are Nuts 🥜. Schools need a policy that after 2x strikes your out for a year

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I will continue saying it.. Until Administration at ALL schools start cracking down on bad behavior stuff like this will become a NORM unfortunately.

However, what Happened here is pure speculation. I love how topics get started with no details or facts about what happened. Allows many on here to add their own. :lol:

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I think we need a lot more details before making a educated comment on what may or may have not transpired.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm simply stating that's my guess because I can't imagine why else an abundance of cops would be present and not allow fans to leave.

However, I searched around Twitter this morning and still see nothing posted so I can't imagine it being anything very serious ---- because lord knows Social Media would be all over it!

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

In the Martins Ferry paper it said incident was outside the building and the people still inside were kept there because of what was going on outside.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:27 am I'm simply stating that's my guess because I can't imagine why else an abundance of cops would be present and not allow fans to leave.

However, I searched around Twitter this morning and still see nothing posted so I can't imagine it being anything very serious ---- because lord knows Social Media would be all over it!
Keep trolling. You’ll find out something eventually 😂

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

BELMONT COUNTY
No one arrested after Belmont County basketball game
by: John Lynch, D.K. Wright
Posted: Feb 8, 2023 / 10:17 AM EST
Updated: Feb 8, 2023 / 03:11 PM EST

Police said no one was arrested after a basketball game between Martins Ferry and Bellaire in Belmont County.

WTRF Daily News

An incident was reported in Martins Ferry on Tuesday night and police say some pushing and shoving happened between two spectators outside the school in the parking lot.

Martins Ferry Police chief John McFarland also said there was no gun found at during their investigation.

McFarland also said that the reports of spectators not being able to leave the building did not come from police department.

No names of those involved were released at this time.

The reports gathered from the incident were sent to the Belmont County Prosecutor’s Office according to McFarland.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Must have been something bad to get sent to the prosecutors office. I saw were the last game also had a big fight at it. Of course the idiots online blamed the fight on the refs :lol:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:35 am Must have been something bad to get sent to the prosecutors office. I saw were the last game also had a big fight at it. Of course the idiots online blamed the fight on the refs :lol:
Yes they blame the refs and school administration. Maybe it was a ref fighting the principal? LOL

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

We need OVAC River rats vs The SOC/OVC River rats with West Virginia refs. Have Joe Rogan and the UFC do the games

Return to “Boys Basketball”