Officials/Spectators

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Officials/Spectators

Post by trojandave »

The arc under the basket that is used in college and the NBA should be used in high school. It would make blocking and charging much easier to call for an official. I don't understand why that such a simple implementation is not utilized given the inconsistency of the blocking and charging call.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

trojandave wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:05 pm The arc under the basket that is used in college and the NBA should be used in high school. It would make blocking and charging much easier to call for an official. I don't understand why that such a simple implementation is not utilized given the inconsistency of the blocking and charging call.
Hey now our coach teaches the players to take the charge and everyone knows it especially the refs. So when they try to take one, even under the basket, the ref always calls the charge no matter what.
So shush that arc under the basket crap. On the other side the opposing coaches don’t tell everyone including the refs about teaching it so our boys can lower their shoulders and run over the defense and they call the block. We love it and hey it’s their fault for not teaching it and telling everyone about it. Don’t hate us for it though.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

If lifting weights throws off ones shot, why do college and NBA teams lift continuously throughout their seasons, when they are the best players with the best strength/conditioning coaches? If lifting in high school throws your shot off you should've been doing something long ago strength training wise. Can't wait til fall starts to begin lifting.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

In general, I have noticed a decline in overall respect. This translates to the game of basketball and we see it in crowd behavior, player behavior, and parent behavior. The fundamentals appear to be going by the wayside and then know it all crowds throw a fit at most calls. I understand close calls are always going to draw some boos either way, but 80% of the calls in games seem to draw someone yelling. The quality of officiating is decreasing for good reason, most officials do it for the love of the game, but the game they love is slowly fading. What's the benefit for the officials?

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Until school administrators start cracking down on bad behavior it will stay the same. But administration these days hate conflict so it doesn’t happen at Most Schools.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

We are in an era where everyone sit behind this thing called a "keyboard" and thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. Most of you would not say to someone' face the things you are saying today. Kids get on boards like this and see it and think it is ok.

If you want things to change then many of you need to take a look in the mirror and see what those fingers are typing. Read top 10 or 20 threads on any of these forums and tell me how many have positive things to say vs how many have negative things to say.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

Everyone is always saying the fans are out of control, and there are always fans that get loud. I have personally only seen a handful fans ejected in my lifetime. What’s is never discussed, is the awful jobs most officials do. I know that they’re human and miss things, but overall they’re horrible. Doesn’t matter if they are young officials or older seasoned officials. Most officials, do horrible jobs. Doesn’t matter if you’re on the winning side or the losing side. They are horrible, then whine that the fans are out of control. You’re getting paid to do a job. Do it better!

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

Postgame wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:59 am Everyone is always saying the fans are out of control, and there are always fans that get loud. I have personally only seen a handful fans ejected in my lifetime. What is never discussed, is the awful jobs most officials do. I know that they’re human and miss things, but overall they’re horrible. Doesn’t matter if they are young officials or older seasoned officials. Most officials, do horrible jobs. Doesn’t matter if you’re on the winning side or the losing side. They are horrible, then whine that the fans are out of control. You’re getting paid to do a job. Do it better!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

justpassinthru wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:25 am We are in an era where everyone sit behind this thing called a "keyboard" and thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. Most of you would not say to someone' face the things you are saying today. Kids get on boards like this and see it and think it is ok.

If you want things to change then many of you need to take a look in the mirror and see what those fingers are typing. Read top 10 or 20 threads on any of these forums and tell me how many have positive things to say vs how many have negative things to say.
I sure am glad you’re keeping it positive. We need more positive posts like yours. 😂

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

eagle25 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:01 am
justpassinthru wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:25 am We are in an era where everyone sit behind this thing called a "keyboard" and thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. Most of you would not say to someone' face the things you are saying today. Kids get on boards like this and see it and think it is ok.

I sure am glad you’re keeping it positive. We need more positive posts like yours. 😂
You want positive? I am positive you are dumb.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Postgame wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:59 am Everyone is always saying the fans are out of control, and there are always fans that get loud. I have personally only seen a handful fans ejected in my lifetime. What’s is never discussed, is the awful jobs most officials do. I know that they’re human and miss things, but overall they’re horrible. Doesn’t matter if they are young officials or older seasoned officials. Most officials, do horrible jobs. Doesn’t matter if you’re on the winning side or the losing side. They are horrible, then whine that the fans are out of control. You’re getting paid to do a job. Do it better!

Finally!!!

If most people don't do there job well they get fired,some of these clowns just see a easy pay check and know there is no reciprocation for doing horrible work.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Pinwheel wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:17 pm
Postgame wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:59 am Everyone is always saying the fans are out of control, and there are always fans that get loud. I have personally only seen a handful fans ejected in my lifetime. What’s is never discussed, is the awful jobs most officials do. I know that they’re human and miss things, but overall they’re horrible. Doesn’t matter if they are young officials or older seasoned officials. Most officials, do horrible jobs. Doesn’t matter if you’re on the winning side or the losing side. They are horrible, then whine that the fans are out of control. You’re getting paid to do a job. Do it better!

Finally!!!

If most people don't do there job well they get fired,some of these clowns just see a easy pay check and know there is no reciprocation for doing horrible work.
And this was never more evident than when we played at Alexander. Call a charge already!

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Most people get fired if they don't do a good job is false statement...I worked 30 years in a job that had a union. I was a union worker not a Company man. The union took care of the lazy useless troublemakers. So, the good decent workers had to take up the slack which in turn caused them to make mistakes. True story

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:31 am Most people get fired if they don't do a good job is false statement...I worked 30 years in a job that had a union. I was a union worker not a Company man. The union took care of the lazy useless troublemakers. So, the good decent workers had to take up the slack which in turn caused them to make mistakes. True story
Sounds like RTW propaganda to me.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”