Rivalry Athens at alex

Daug12
Waterboy

Rivalry Athens at alex

Post by Daug12 »

Just trying to get picks on the game for tomorrow night. Who do you got???

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Rivalry Athens at alex

Post by VetteMan »

Ill take the Spartans over the Bulldogs.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Who knows--how did they beat them in the first game?

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:15 pm Who knows--how did they beat them in the first game?
That game went to OT and it was at McAfee.

They limited Kyler D'augustino in the first half by double-teaming him and Athens ran their offense very well. Athens has struggled to find a general offence most nights and isn't as skilled as some more recent teams they have fielded. The Alley has also been a difficult place to play over the years for Athens.

Athens is 5-11 (4-3 TVC) Alexander is 11-5 (6-2 TVC)

Athens has to win out the rest of the way to have any chance of a shot at the TVC title late or even a top 3 finish. Alexander is a game back of Vinton for the TVC lead so this is an important game tonight.

The game can be heard on the radio on 970am/97.1fm WATH (Athens radio call) and 107.7fm WSEO on the (Alexander radio call).

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

AHS_Stephens wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 pm
vcgrad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:15 pm Who knows--how did they beat them in the first game?
That game went to OT and it was at McAfee.

They limited Kyler D'augustino in the first half by double-teaming him and Athens ran their offense very well. Athens has struggled to find a general offence most nights and isn't as skilled as some more recent teams they have fielded. The Alley has also been a difficult place to play over the years for Athens.

Athens is 5-11 (4-3 TVC) Alexander is 11-5 (6-2 TVC)

Athens has to win out the rest of the way to have any chance of a shot at the TVC title late or even a top 3 finish. Alexander is a game back of Vinton for the TVC lead so this is an important game tonight.

The game can be heard on the radio on 970am/97.1fm WATH (Athens radio call) and 107.7fm WSEO on the (Alexander radio call).
Dogs with the sweep, 40-37. They had a great game plan first time around, and executed it again tonight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:37 pm Ill take the Spartans over the Bulldogs.
Now I know why I very seldom gamble.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:02 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:37 pm Ill take the Spartans over the Bulldogs.
I would have been right with you on this. D’Augustino is remarkable, but the Spartans are in big trouble if he’s ever kept from controlling the game, which it seems to have happened tonight.

I still think Alex is a team you don’t really want to see in a tournament game, simply for his ability to take over a contest.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:05 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:02 pm
I would have been right with you on this. D’Augustino is remarkable, but the Spartans are in big trouble if he’s ever kept from controlling the game, which it seems to have happened tonight.

I still think Alex is a team you don’t really want to see in a tournament game, simply for his ability to take over a contest.
Agree! Thought that D'Augustino would most certainly be the difference.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Skinny would be better off just letting them play a la the chair coaching style he sometimes used at Athens. You’d think he would have learned when he emulated a chair and just let Burrow and company play they won. But when he mettled they lost. Just let the best player in the area play and leave him alone and you win the league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”