Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Post by Whs95fan »

#10 and slowly rising to the top :D. Nice little 8 game win streak with a chance to stretch that to 10 this week with road trips to Point Pleasant and Marietta.

Go Blue
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 am #10 and slowly rising to the top :D. Nice little 8 game win streak with a chance to stretch that to 10 this week with road trips to Point Pleasant and Marietta.
I have watched a lot of high school basketball this winter. Mostly online which is actually better because I can watch more than one game. :D In my opinion, Warren Local is the best coached team by far that I seen. It is called TEAM Basketball. Pass the ball, take good shots, fundamental rebounding and defense. The way the game is suppose to be played.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bozo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:10 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 am #10 and slowly rising to the top :D. Nice little 8 game win streak with a chance to stretch that to 10 this week with road trips to Point Pleasant and Marietta.
I have watched a lot of high school basketball this winter. Mostly online which is actually better because I can watch more than one game. :D In my opinion, Warren Local is the best coached team by far that I seen. It is called TEAM Basketball. Pass the ball, take good shots, fundamental rebounding and defense. The way the game is suppose to be played.
Agree.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bozo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:10 pm
We played them a couple of times in the tournament in the past and they were miserable to game plan against. They always play to their strengths and like you said, they are fundamentally strong at everything.

They are a joy to watch every year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(Athens) – Ohio University has released plans for hosting the Boys Basketball Southeast District Finals and OHSAA Regional Boys Basketball Tournaments at the Ohio Convocation Center. SE Boys District Semis will be held in other locations.

Tournament dates are March 2nd for the two Southeast District Boys Division 4 Finals, and March 5th for one Division 2 Boys District Final and two Division 3 District Finals.

OHSAA Boys Regional Semis will be played March 7th, 8th and 9th, with Finals on March 10th and 11th.

Parking will cost $5 for the High School Basketball Events, with accessible parking available at the Convocation Center Lot 128. General Admission parking is available in surrounding parking lots to include the Convocation Center Lot 127, Stocker Center Lot 111 and Peden Lot 132.

For more information on Transportation & Parking resources during this time, you can connect with the TPS Customer Care Center Team at 740-593-1917 or tps@ohio.edu.

Faculty, staff, and students reporting to work or for academic purposes will be allowed entrance into the next available parking area.

The Convocation Center Garage Lot 129 will be closing at 5:30pm each day to support event security. The area will remain closed for the duration of the contests, and reopen for parking 7am-5pm the following day.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Glad to see at least the District Finals there. I know it means a lot to the kids who are fortunate enough to play there.

And as a fan it's a great place to watch ball!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

Good to see the District & Regional games back at the CONVO. That Basketball 30 environment is something to remember! Very exciting place to play!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

This game at the Eagles Nest really shows how much Fed has improved since the season opener. They only beat Belpre 59-50 earlier in the year and playing in that crackerjack box of a gym is normally extremly difficult - and it's not like the Golden Eagles are a bad basketball team. They were (9-7) and the Lancers just dismantled them.

BELPRE — Belpre hung around with Federal Hocking for nearly a quarter Tuesday night. Then, Tariq Cottrill took over. The Lancers’ junior point guard hit back-to-back 3-pointers, including a deep one at the buzzer, to end the opening period and give Federal Hocking a 25-14 lead. The second quarter was all Lancers as they outscored the Golden Eagles 23-4 en route to a 74-45 victory over to remain unbeaten in the Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division. Federal Hocking, which got a 27-point, 11-assist, six-steal effort from Cottrill, has now won 15 straight games. Belpre fell to 9-8 overall and 5-3 in the TVC.

“(Cottrill’s) basically our floor general out on the floor,” said Federal Hocking head coach Jonathan Thompson. “I kind of give him the reins and call out offenses when he sees stuff. Definitely proud of the performance he had. He was looking to be a passer more than he was a scorer. That’s always helpful because when he can see the floor and get everybody else involved, that’s what we want. When our team is all hitting shots and we’re facilitating the ball the way we’re supposed to we play pretty well.”

Red&BlackDog
Waterboy

Post by Red&BlackDog »

Great evaluation by 93Bulldog. The Lancers are really playing well. Good luck for the rest of the season!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

theyoungprodigy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:35 pm When do u give sw the jump up i felt like they should of went up after that win vs valley.
... the loss to The Burg took some of the jump off of the W over Valley BUT they have Minford Friday night on the road to add shine to the +4 win over Valley ... when you get into the top 15 - it's NOT just about your W's you have to take into account the teams in front of you as well - now the W over Valley in conjunction with a great showing at Minford can move the Jeeps up as Warren, Fairland, Gallia all lost Tuesday night ... we'll see what the Ouija Board says when the smoke clears this weekend ... when teams don't move up as fast as YOU think they should it's due to the other teams your team needs to show they are better than - BUT the committee of one doesn't ignore good W's or good L's for that matter ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Circleville hosting Fairfield Union tonight ... should be a good game - FU IN the Elite 8 while Circleville youngsters trying to jockey for seeding position(s) in the post season AND give us more to think about for next years rankings ... the Tigers of Coach Carpenter have the physical makeup and talent to be a "player" in Elite 8 talk for the 2023-24 season starting 2 juniors (Slater Search/Briley Cramer) 1 soph (Drew Thornsley), a freshman PG in Joe Wray to go with the lone sr. Ian Warden ... Cramer can be/is as good as he wants to be - size at 6-4+, length, handles the ball well for his size AND he's "a player" ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:10 pm Circleville hosting Fairfield Union tonight ... should be a good game - FU IN the Elite 8 while Circleville youngsters trying to jockey for seeding position(s) in the post season AND give us more to think about for next years rankings ... the Tigers of Coach Carpenter have the physical makeup and talent to be a "player" in Elite 8 talk for the 2023-24 season starting 2 juniors (Slater Search/Briley Cramer) 1 soph (Drew Thornsley), a freshman PG in Joe Wray to go with the lone sr. Ian Warden ... Cramer can be/is as good as he wants to be - size at 6-4+, length, handles the ball well for his size AND he's "a player" ...
FU up 24-14 at the half. Circleville has not been able to get many clean looks at the basket at all. Schmelzer dominated the 2nd Q with 10/6

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 48
Circleville 39

Sets up a huge game for FU on Friday night against Teays Valley for league lead or tie.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rock Hill 46, Symmes Valley 45

RH hits a 3 at the buzzer for the win

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:47 pm
theyoungprodigy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:35 pm When do u give sw the jump up i felt like they should of went up after that win vs valley.
... the loss to The Burg took some of the jump off of the W over Valley BUT they have Minford Friday night on the road to add shine to the +4 win over Valley ... when you get into the top 15 - it's NOT just about your W's you have to take into account the teams in front of you as well - now the W over Valley in conjunction with a great showing at Minford can move the Jeeps up as Warren, Fairland, Gallia all lost Tuesday night ... we'll see what the Ouija Board says when the smoke clears this weekend ... when teams don't move up as fast as YOU think they should it's due to the other teams your team needs to show they are better than - BUT the committee of one doesn't ignore good W's or good L's for that matter ...
My question is how is Webster ahead of Burg?? Burg resume is way better plus 2-0 H to H

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

They finished in two big games against Webster. Not saying they are better but thats a little silly to say they cant finish!

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

theyoungprodigy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:35 am
Western24 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:27 am They finished in two big games against Webster. Not saying they are better but thats a little silly to say they cant finish!

sw messed up in the start both games and had to fight back every minute wheelersburg didn't finish vs iroton valley and minford and eastern and zt so and sw beat eastern by 20
Or maybe Burg had a good game plan? For Burg to be in the game in all of the above mentioned games is well above what anyone thought of them this year other than maybe bbjunky

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think Burg is very solid. The @ Eastern was a bad loss, but then next time they played they won by 30+. They had Zane Trace beat and choked late, but they led majority of the game.

The Ironton spanking was a head scratcher. Ironton is very solid, but I thought Burg would compete better than that.

Let me clarify -- I don't think Burg is a top 8 in SEO team. Probably 15-20 range is fair. But I think they're a top 6 team in D3 and a team that all the higher seeds in D3 would prefer not to have on their side of the bracket.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:11 am I think Burg is very solid. The @ Eastern was a bad loss, but then next time they played they won by 30+. They had Zane Trace beat and choked late, but they led majority of the game.

The Ironton spanking was a head scratcher. Ironton is very solid, but I thought Burg would compete better than that.

Let me clarify -- I don't think Burg is a top 8 in SEO team. Probably 15-20 range is fair. But I think they're a top 6 team in D3 and a team that all the higher seeds in D3 would prefer not to have on their side of the bracket.
Burg is in the mix. Ironton blistered the nets and one of Burg's leading scorers was/is in a slump, only had three points, averages over 10 a game.

They probably should of beat minford. Up late but couldn't hang on. They will be a difficult out.

The argument that Burg isn't better than Webster doesn't hold water. Burg beat Webster twice and Beat Eastern by 30. Burg did lose to Eastern early, but upsets happen in Basketball all the time. But not twice.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

burg and valley and Webster are pretty equal amongst each other in the league.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”