D4 tournament draw!

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Re: D4 tournament draw!

Post by socsportsfan1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:29 pm
socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:26 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:30 pm The Webster game could’ve been a 40pt loss if our JV team didn’t play the final 12 minutes
Which game are you referring to? It certainly wasn't the Green game. It's so easy to get on the internet and spout ignorance and falsehoods.

I was there and yeah the green game. Back to Franklin furnace with no brakes left on the bus.
Again, type ignorance and lies with no recourse. Not sure what game you were watching then, because the "jv team" definitely was never on the court... and definitely not for 12 minutes. Not sure how much stock to put into a person's perspective from the first week of the season who also never touched the court in high school.

Where do you get your brakes checked in Bloom township?

Fullpress
Waterboy

Post by Fullpress »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:13 am Trimble must be trash this year cause I ain’t seen one brake beatin post all season
Thanks for the motivation. Speaking of brake beatings, do you remember what happened the last time you bad mouthed a Trimble team? That’s right, your team left with nary a brake left to speak of.
I think it’s your 9-5 9-6 record that’s speaking for itself. Not really seeing a quality win on your spread this year. Certainly not as impressive a schedule as what the champs of the tvc hocking is playing this year. But keep telling yourself howies intimidating and your 5 or 6 losses were planned for tourney draw

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:09 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:29 pm
socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Which game are you referring to? It certainly wasn't the Green game. It's so easy to get on the internet and spout ignorance and falsehoods.

I was there and yeah the green game. Back to Franklin furnace with no brakes left on the bus.
Again, type ignorance and lies with no recourse. Not sure what game you were watching then, because the "jv team" definitely was never on the court... and definitely not for 12 minutes. Not sure how much stock to put into a person's perspective from the first week of the season who also never touched the court in high school.

Where do you get your brakes checked in Bloom township?
Yawn 🥱

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Webster called the dogs off with 1:30 left in the third quarter that game.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:59 pm Webster called the dogs off with 1:30 left in the third quarter that game.
As evidenced by what? You just make up stuff as you go? Again, perhaps your perspective is a little different when the entirety of it is spent from the bleachers... ;)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

socsportsfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:18 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:59 pm Webster called the dogs off with 1:30 left in the third quarter that game.
As evidenced by what? You just make up stuff as you go? Again, perhaps your perspective is a little different when the entirety of it is spent from the bleachers... ;)
Couldn’t possibly be because I posted a bunch of updates from that game and they’re easily searchable. I wouldn’t worry too much about it green will be eliminated before they have a chance to catch another blowout from the Jeeps

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm
Couldn’t possibly be because I posted a bunch of updates from that game and they’re easily searchable. I wouldn’t worry too much about it green will be eliminated before they have a chance to catch another blowout from the Jeeps
I would think video evidence is a little more reliable than your fan boy updates and memory. Go troll a different thread and let this get back on topic.

Crossover-_-
Waterboy

Post by Crossover-_- »

Western will be dangerous come tournament time they are starting to come together!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

socsportsfan1 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:04 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 pm

I would think video evidence is a little more reliable than your fan boy updates and memory. Go troll a different thread and let this get back on topic.

SW to state

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

You sure about that?

Fairfield just lost their best player, 20+ PPG player for the season.

The entire D4 district just changed completely.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

What happened to Fairfield’s best player?

Neb Hcuof ;)
Waterboy

Post by Neb Hcuof ;) »

Fairfield just beat the number 13 team in D4, Fayetteville on their home floor on senior night by 13, without Cannon. They have a big game coming up Friday as they host NA, but I wouldn't count em out just yet.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Neb Hcuof ;) wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:27 pm Fairfield just beat the number 13 team in D4, Fayetteville on their home floor on senior night by 13, without Cannon. They have a big game coming up Friday as they host NA, but I wouldn't count em out just yet.
Fayetteville also just lost to a below average Whiteoak team, so they are likely going through some late season doldrums.

Fairfield is well-coached and now is used to winning, so I’m sure they’ll be okay. Just their ceiling likely dropped a good bit with the loss of Cannon.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

MattyIce wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:14 pm What happened to Fairfield’s best player?
Grapevine says academics

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:37 pm
Neb Hcuof ;) wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:27 pm Fairfield just beat the number 13 team in D4, Fayetteville on their home floor on senior night by 13, without Cannon. They have a big game coming up Friday as they host NA, but I wouldn't count em out just yet.
Fayetteville also just lost to a below average Whiteoak team, so they are likely going through some late season doldrums.

Fairfield is well-coached and now is used to winning, so I’m sure they’ll be okay. Just their ceiling likely dropped a good bit with the loss of Cannon.
... sometimes adversity brings out the best in the rest of TEAM ... I'm confident that Coach Williams will be able to get the most out of the rest of the Lions ... undefeated teams are TEAMS not just a single player - although 20+ppg is tough to replace for sure ... FHS played 8 players including Cannon ... there are lots of 3 point shooters left on the floor for Fairfield - sr Wyatt Collins, sr. TJ Mootz, jr Gabe Fouch all are good 3 point scorers ... all have been double figure scorers and pushing 20 points in games so they won't be in rare air when they now "have to" increase their ppg output - they've been there before, know what it feels like to score big points in games ... PG Larkin Friend is STILL running the show - a plus in THAT will not change ... role players sr Trey House (getting a triple per game/6-7ppg)/ sr Gunner Bennington and jr Cade Miller will now get more minutes ... I'm not writing off the Lions ... these guys have all played in big post season games , at least prepped for them, been on last years team that played in the district final ... big game vs North Adams at home Friday night - we'll be watching the outcome of that one for sure ...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Oh I’m not counting them out…. they still have a legit shot to win the district. But any team who loses their 20+ PPG scorer this late in the year obviously is due for some regression.

Anxious to see how they do against North Adams as that should give us a pretty good indication as to what type of team they are without Cannon.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Reminds me of 2013 or so when Webster lost one of their best players mid-season and everyone thought they were done. That team ended up in Regional Finals. It can still be done by Leesburg Fairfield. Hate it for them though as this sounds like one of their best teams in school history.*

bearcat12
Waterboy

Post by bearcat12 »

Crossover-_- wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:02 am Western will be dangerous come tournament time they are starting to come together!
I just don’t see Western competing with the top 4 teams. They may be able to win one but that’s as far as they go.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

As of today Martin RPI has it

1.) Fairfield
2.) Fed Hock
3.) South Webster
4.) Paint Valley
5.) Green
6.) Eastern Pike
7.) Notre Dame
8.) Waterford
9.) Trimble
10.) Western
11.) Whiteoak
12.) St. Joe
13.) South Gallia
14.) Glenwood
15.) Manchester
16.) Symmes Valley
17.) East
18.) Reedsville Eastern
19.) Southern
20.) Miller
21.) Clay

Most teams will have 2-3 games left before the draw. The draw will be February 5th.

A couple things to keep an eye on:

South Webster plays @ Minford Friday. Will a loss to them hurt them any? Will a win catapult them into the #2 spot?

Notre Dame plays Green at home on the 31st. Will a win switch them places with Green in the bracket? Or at least jump them to #6?

Paint Valley has Westfall Saturday, a loss to them could potentially slide them out of the #4 spot but I don't see them dropping any lower than #5. A win probably keeps them safely at the #4.

Federal Hocking doesn't have any true tough teams left before the draw. Fairfield has lost their leading scorer for the year and has North Adams Friday. Even if they lose I think they're comfortably still #1 and Fed Hock can't jump them.

All of this applies more to Martin RPI because who knows what some of these coaches will vote. But I do believe we're just a couple years away from all districts using Martin RPI so it's good to get the conversation going now.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:32 am As of today Martin RPI has it

1.) Fairfield
2.) Fed Hock
3.) South Webster
4.) Paint Valley
5.) Green
6.) Eastern Pike
7.) Notre Dame
8.) Waterford
9.) Trimble
10.) Western
11.) Whiteoak
12.) St. Joe
13.) South Gallia
14.) Glenwood
15.) Manchester
16.) Symmes Valley
17.) East
18.) Reedsville Eastern
19.) Southern
20.) Miller
21.) Clay

Most teams will have 2-3 games left before the draw. The draw will be February 5th.

A couple things to keep an eye on:

South Webster plays @ Minford Friday. Will a loss to them hurt them any? Will a win catapult them into the #2 spot?

Notre Dame plays Green at home on the 31st. Will a win switch them places with Green in the bracket? Or at least jump them to #6?

Paint Valley has Westfall Saturday, a loss to them could potentially slide them out of the #4 spot but I don't see them dropping any lower than #5. A win probably keeps them safely at the #4.

Federal Hocking doesn't have any true tough teams left before the draw. Fairfield has lost their leading scorer for the year and has North Adams Friday. Even if they lose I think they're comfortably still #1 and Fed Hock can't jump them.

All of this applies more to Martin RPI because who knows what some of these coaches will vote. But I do believe we're just a couple years away from all districts using Martin RPI so it's good to get the conversation going now.
I do not think a loss to Minford drops SW. I do not think ND win will give them a higher seed over Green(has any heard about Sampson?), but I do think that ND is deserving of the 6 at this moment. Agree with the rest of your post about the seedings this season.

I think if Western is 12-8 at the draw they will end up the 8 over Waterford and Trimble. If they drop one I think they will fall to the 11.

I would say with some of their results of late that Manchester is closer to the 12 than the 15, IMO.

Return to “Boys Basketball”