Friday 12/30 ... Games/Updates/Finals ...

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Re: Friday 12/30 ... Games/Updates/Finals ...

Post by Happy2bhere »

Williamsburg -57
Lynchburg -55
Final

waterboy99
Freshman Team

Post by waterboy99 »

Adams County McDonald’s Holiday Classic

Championship Game
North Adams 58
Peebles 42

Consolation Game
Manchester 76
West Union 49

Supersub
Waterboy

Post by Supersub »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:08 pm Anyone have a Burg-Portsmouth score??
Wheelersburg - 64
Portsmouth - 55

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Supersub wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:14 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:08 pm Anyone have a Burg-Portsmouth score??
Wheelersburg - 64
Portsmouth - 55

Thanks!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren
Union Local any updates ??? This one didn’t tip-off until 9:50 ish …

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren 63
Union Local 42
Final

Go Blue
Rexdog
Waterboy

Post by Rexdog »

South Point beats cabell midland in 5 overtime’s

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Washington - 54
West Carrollton - 46

Miami Trace - 61
London - 48

Westerville North - 68
Chillicothe - 24

Riverview East - 56
Ripley - 33

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

104-102...5OT

I've never heard nor seen one go that far and score that much..

I dd watch a JUCO game go 3 OTs....I think it ended 72-69...would REALLY LOVE to watch that game if it is available...and thank you in advance to whoever sends the info to me

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

RHRedmenLive wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:00 pm Rock Hill At Meigs
RHHS-71
MHS-62
Final
RH 67
Meigs 61

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 pm 104-102...5OT

I dd watch a JUCO game go 3 OTs....I think it ended 72-69...would REALLY LOVE to watch that game if it is available...and thank you in advance to whoever sends the info to me
Syracuse/UConn I think went 7 OT in Big East Tournament maybe 10-12 years ago. EDIT: it was 6 OT in 2009

Jackson at Westfall went 5 OT back in 1991-92 season

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:10 pm

Syracuse/UConn I think went 7 OT in Big East Tournament maybe 10-12 years ago. EDIT: it was 6 OT in 2009

Peebles at North Adams went 5 OT 1985, JV game went 3 OT before varsity game!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Thanks I92...forgot that instant classic game!!! And that was the semi-final game....right???

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:11 pm 71-12 Final from Clay High
I know Webster has had Clay and East on their schedule for years, but it probably time to replace them with other non-conference opponents.*

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I was thinking that was the JV game that went 5 OT at Westfall.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

smurray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:11 pm FINAL
Piketon 54
Waverly 44

Way too many Tiger turnovers….

Hope to get Nibert back soon.
They had Waverly for 27 turnovers on the night, only reason it was this close was Piketon with 22 turnovers. Hopefully everything turns out well for Nibert and he gets back soon right now we're down some players and it shows. Even with Nibert we had 7 turnovers in the 1st quarter. Offense just seemed lost against the 1-3-1 zone of Piketon. Love the effort Logan Swords is giving us out there and hopefully he can get up to game playing shape sooner rather than later. Waverly has the ability to run a heck of a zone with the length they can put out there if they want to but not seeing that happening. Some of these guys are legit size some of them program size, but we can trot out Haynes 6-6, Swords 6-4, Kelly 6-4, Peters 6-3, and toss Nibert at there at the PG and defensively we should be able to run a heck of a zone with that length if ran right. With Cade and Jamison coming off the bench to spell Nibert, Kelly, Peters and Shrader to help with Haynes or Swords. Our FT percentage is horrendous unless we've got the right guy at the line and for the life of me I've rarely seen any type of screens. Rebounding the last 2 games I do believe has improved but turnovers continue to plague the group just too many guys throwing lob passes, simply throwing it to the other team or where no one is at. Need to stop picking up the dribble the moment a player is standing in front of us. Right now we're without Hudson for the year, Peters and Nibert are out with any luck will be back sometime next week as we have a 3 game week coming up and back to back Friday and Saturday.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Longest OT game in OHSAA History is 9 OT’s:

02/23/1974
River vs Morgan for the Sectional Championship
River’s Coach was Richard Potts, who has 589 wins, the most in OVAC, MOVC, and PVC history. Richard took Bethel Township to the Final Four in 1957 and may have the only team in OHSAA History to have 5 1,000 point scorers on the same team.
His primary guard on that 1974 team was Lou “Scooter” Tolzda, who has coached at:
River
Beallsville
Monroe Central
Meadowbrook
Unioto Local (girls)
As far as my knowledge goes, he might be the only coach in OHSAA History to take two teams from separate counties and genders to get to the Final Four.
Union Local (2022) and Meadowbrook (2017).

BCBobcat
Waterboy

Post by BCBobcat »

1985 Green vs South Webster--5 Overtimes---Green won 57-55. Not a lot of scoring in those OTs. If memory is correct, 2 of those overtimes neither team scored a point.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:34 am
Piketon 54
Waverly 44

They had Waverly for 27 turnovers on the night, only reason it was this close was Piketon with 22 turnovers. Hopefully everything turns out well for Nibert and he gets back soon right now we're down some players and it shows. Even with Nibert we had 7 turnovers in the 1st quarter. Offense just seemed lost against the 1-3-1 zone of Piketon. Love the effort Logan Swords is giving us out there and hopefully he can get up to game playing shape sooner rather than later. Waverly has the ability to run a heck of a zone with the length they can put out there if they want to but not seeing that happening. Some of these guys are legit size some of them program size, but we can trot out Haynes 6-6, Swords 6-4, Kelly 6-4, Peters 6-3, and toss Nibert at there at the PG and defensively we should be able to run a heck of a zone with that length if ran right. With Cade and Jamison coming off the bench to spell Nibert, Kelly, Peters and Shrader to help with Haynes or Swords. Our FT percentage is horrendous unless we've got the right guy at the line and for the life of me I've rarely seen any type of screens. Rebounding the last 2 games I do believe has improved but turnovers continue to plague the group just too many guys throwing lob passes, simply throwing it to the other team or where no one is at. Need to stop picking up the dribble the moment a player is standing in front of us. Right now we're without Hudson for the year, Peters and Nibert are out with any luck will be back sometime next week as we have a 3 game week coming up and back to back Friday and Saturday.
Losing Nibert really hurt, he’s the only one who confidently handles the ball. Honestly, didn’t think Piketons 1-3-1 was all that impressive, if Waverly had a guard or two who could penetrate without turning it over I think Waverly could have feasted in the middle with dump offs. Fully healthy squad vs fully healthy squad, I believe the Tigers would be about 10-15 points better, Hudson would have been a huge help in this one, easily had been the best player on the floor. But you gotta play with who you have and live with the results.
I do agree on Waverly trying out a zone, man to man doesn’t seem very effective at this point. It allows them to use their size to their advantage. When Waverly plays man, they don’t pressure the basketball enough and partly because they don’t have the lineup to. And they can’t full court press because they turn it over too many times. Offensively for the Tigers, I believe they would benefit from pushing the ball at all times, even after a make. They aren’t good enough to play in a half court set the whole game. Even last night, they would allow Piketon to get set up before they were even closer to half court. Will just continue to be a growing pain year for Waverly and in hopes that it pays off in the future.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:11 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:34 am
Piketon 54
Waverly 44

Losing Nibert really hurt, he’s the only one who confidently handles the ball. Honestly, didn’t think Piketons 1-3-1 was all that impressive, if Waverly had a guard or two who could penetrate without turning it over I think Waverly could have feasted in the middle with dump offs. Fully healthy squad vs fully healthy squad, I believe the Tigers would be about 10-15 points better, Hudson would have been a huge help in this one, easily had been the best player on the floor. But you gotta play with who you have and live with the results.
I do agree on Waverly trying out a zone, man to man doesn’t seem very effective at this point. It allows them to use their size to their advantage. When Waverly plays man, they don’t pressure the basketball enough and partly because they don’t have the lineup to. And they can’t full court press because they turn it over too many times. Offensively for the Tigers, I believe they would benefit from pushing the ball at all times, even after a make. They aren’t good enough to play in a half court set the whole game. Even last night, they would allow Piketon to get set up before they were even closer to half court. Will just continue to be a growing pain year for Waverly and in hopes that it pays off in the future.
Pretty good run down, Waverly made Piketon's 1-3-1 zone look impressive simply based on the fact we didn't do anything offensively to disrupt it. Even halftime adjustments nothing different was done. You're 100% correct offensively there was numerous times we let them get the defense setup by bringing the ball up slowly or simply not pushing it after a rebound or steal and it's been that way all year. With the length and speed we have there's no reason we shouldn't be setting up traps defensively, we have no full court press simply running 1-1 full court pressure isn't going to cause turnovers we should jut keep looking at what teams have done to us. It's the trap aspect that must be used in the full court press to make any kind of difference. Like you said injuries happen and unfortunately Hudson is done for the year and hopefully we'll get the other 2 back sooner rather than later and keep hooping it up. Rebounding has improved with the right guys on the court, now if we can just start rolling some other things together and keep improving. It was going to be a tough year regardless, let's see if we can start improving on the little things, rebounding has gotten better, now let's see if we can shoot free throws better and cut down on the turnovers, defense should be an easier fix once healthy.

Return to “Boys Basketball”