Reedsville Eastern (1-6)
Manchester (2-6)
Portsmouth East (2-4)

...Teams on the End Table ...

Miller (0-5)
Portsmouth Clay (0-6)
Crooksville (0-6)
West Union (0-5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elite 8 breakdown by Division for Week 4

1-8 by division :

D2 ... 3
D3 ... 4
D4 ... 1

1-15 by division :

D2 ... 6
D3 ...6
D4 ... 3

1-20 by division:

D2 ... 9
D3 ... 7
D4 ... 4

1-25 by division:

D2 ... 12
D3 ... 9
D4 ... 4

Week 4 Top 10 rankings for each Division in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Top 10 D2 Teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

1. Washington CH
2. Fairfield Union
3. Miami Trace
4. Vinton County
5. Gallia Academy
6. New Lexington
7. Warren
8. Alexander
9. Sheridan
10. Jackson

Top 10 D3 Teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

1. Minford
2. South Point
3. North Adams
4. Fairland
5. Lucasville Valley
6. Zane Trace
7. WestFall
8. Wheelersburg
9. Lynchburg Clay
10. Portsmouth

Top 10 D4 Teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

1. Fairfield Leesburg
2. Federal Hocking
3. Paint Valley
4. South Webster
5. Eastern Pike
6. Whiteoak
7. Western Pike
8. Green
9. Trimble
10. Portsmouth Notre Dame

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Christmas Edition Week 4

Post by danicalifornia »

Just 2 small grievances:

I’d have Westfall over Paint Valley, since WF beat them last week and similar records. Also, just from watching both teams, I’d have Zane Trace over Valley

Great work as always and a Merry Christmas

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can’t really argue much. 21-40 seems weak compared to most lists over the years.

Oak Hill and Peebles and Whiteoak might need to be a bit lower….Green, ND, Rock Hill a little higher.

Is South Point’s resume better than Fairfield’s?

tonylip
Waterboy

Post by tonylip »

Gotta give PFloyd major props. I don’t know how he can keep track and place all those teams, especially the entire middle. The top 12 and bottom 12 can be done by most. But to systematically rank every team in southern Ohio is impressive.

Whether positive or negative input, it gets fans talking about southern Ohio basketball. Thanks PFloyd for giving the fans something to debate about.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Teams I’m watching and wondering: Belpre, Eastern Pike, Circleville, Rock Hill….not a great grasp on those teams

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

tonylip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:20 am Gotta give PFloyd major props. I don’t know how he can keep track and place all those teams, especially the entire middle. The top 12 and bottom 12 can be done by most. But to systematically rank every team in southern Ohio is impressive.

Whether positive or negative input, it gets fans talking about southern Ohio basketball. Thanks PFloyd for giving the fans something to debate about.
With my coverage and “connections” (hudl) I’ve seen about 35 teams, with most being in person. Outside of the high end and low end, like you said, I’d have a tough time doing the middle ground and he does it well and keeps accurate records for it. That’s what impresses me the most.

That’s one of the reasons I like to follow these lists, because even if we disagree on sometime, I know that he’s seen all of these teams, so I’m cool with whatever he decides.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:34 am Teams I’m watching and wondering: Belpre, Eastern Pike, Circleville, Rock Hill….not a great grasp on those teams
Eastern Pike is super interesting. I was impressed with them when I saw them early, then they had some strange losses…then had 2 super impressive wins recently. The Leist boys and White all can really hurt you and Tomlison is a beast inside. They are going to be tough in D4

Circleville is a team that has an interesting dynamic, with some excellent size and a freshman PG. Mix in some wings with a lot of experience and I think they’ll be pretty good by February. I think you’ll appreciate the fact that they are learning how to win after some lean years. Once they do that, I think we will see a positive swing from that program.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:34 am Teams I’m watching and wondering: Belpre, Eastern Pike, Circleville, Rock Hill….not a great grasp on those teams
I don't think anyone has a handle on Belpre. They have the ability to absolutely maul teams, but also have double digit losses on their resume. But, those losses were to pretty good teams.

An 11 point W over Nelsonville-York (6-3)
A 24 point W over Meigs
A 22 point W over Wellston

* Maybe they should move back to the Ohio Division. lol

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Top 10 D2 Teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

1. Washington CH
2. Fairfield Union
3. Miami Trace
4. Vinton County
5. Gallia Academy
6. New Lexington
7. Warren
8. Alexander
9. Sheridan
10. Jackson

I'm not sure very many of these teams have proven their rankings. On the other hand most other teams not on the list haven't clearly shown they are top 10. Of these teams I would least prefer to play to win a key game are Washington CH, Vinton County, Gallia Academy and Warren (maybe Miami Trace). I'm not saying the others are not deserving. There may be factors in the games they've played that could affect my opinion. Just my early take. I've seen just 7 of them play so far, but looking at strength schedule and common opponents, etc. I think there could be plenty of movement ahead. If anyone has special insights (X HS had their two leading scorers out for a game or two) please weigh in.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

I agree with Ironman92 about feeling that Peebles, Oak Hill and Whiteoak should be a bit lower. I would also have the teams he mentioned as being higher. At this point, with what Fairfield has done I would bump them a little higher as well. I also think Paint Valley and Piketon are a little higher than they should be. As has been stated, sorting the middle is tough. More data will help separate them. I think that there are a number of teams between 15-40 that could be ranked all over the place depending on matchups to this point.

Dani, what Eastern Pike losses would you consider strange? The only one I would call strange is the Oak Hill loss, and not because of the loss as much as the margin. Did hear that they had a few kids sick for that one though.

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

The 3 losses Eastern Pike had , they had several players battling the flu including 3 starters , the first Oak Hill game was cancelled because of the flu and one of the Leist boys didn’t play vs Oak Hill .
Not making excuses for them , because the flu hits every team , and maybe Eastern loses those games anyways , but I think it did have an impact on those games .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:59 pm Just 2 small grievances:

I’d have Westfall over Paint Valley, since WF beat them last week and similar records. Also, just from watching both teams, I’d have Zane Trace over Valley

Great work as always and a Merry Christmas
... good points daniC ... obviously ZT is "starting to answer my question marks" the BIGS are playing big , Ream is giving them the perimeter scoring that I thought they had when I had them in the preseason top 8 ... I didn't want to drop Valley further - the loss to Eastern Pike was significant BUT they did score 92 points - I watched the game on hudl the other day, great game by BOTH teams ... all of the losses & W's count - the loss becomes more significant if Valley doesn't show they can "rebound" from the loss - Piketon & Adena this week ...

... and you're right about PV and Westfall - the difference between the 2 right now is the head to head WF win, the losses are a wash ... Westfall has New Hope Christian & another game at Circleville vs Circleville or ????? ... Paint Valley has Hillsboro and Lynchburg Clay both at home ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

tonylip wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:20 am Gotta give PFloyd major props. I don’t know how he can keep track and place all those teams, especially the entire middle. The top 12 and bottom 12 can be done by most. But to systematically rank every team in southern Ohio is impressive.

... you're welcome tonylip! thank you for the kind words AND for reading my rankings ... fell free to agree or disagree - as YOU pointed out it keeps us all talking hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EPN wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:29 am The 3 losses Eastern Pike had , they had several players battling the flu including 3 starters , the first Oak Hill game was cancelled because of the flu and one of the Leist boys didn’t play vs Oak Hill .
Not making excuses for them , because the flu hits every team , and maybe Eastern loses those games anyways , but I think it did have an impact on those games .
It won’t matter come seeding time….but that’s good info for knuckleheads like me that like to rank teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:10 pm
EPN wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:29 am The 3 losses Eastern Pike had , they had several players battling the flu including 3 starters , the first Oak Hill game was cancelled because of the flu and one of the Leist boys didn’t play vs Oak Hill .
It won’t matter come seeding time….but that’s good info for knuckleheads like me that like to rank teams.
... I resemble that remark !!! :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:52 pm
I didn’t say there were others or that all “people that rank teams are knuckleheads”….mainly just me and bbjunky and in the old days 93bulldog

And you 😁

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:52 pm

I didn’t say there were others or that all “people that rank teams are knuckleheads”….mainly just me and bbjunky and in the old days 93bulldog

And you 😁
... I92! I distinctly recall it was YOU who convinced me to bring my Elite 8 over to SEOPs back in the day ... it was good on jjhuddle for a long time but I'm glad I came to SEOPs ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

How I rank the all the time rankings:

1. 93Bulldogs Elite 8 of Southeastern Ohio (JJHuddle)
2. 93Bulldog/Pfloyds Elite 8 (JJhuddle)
3. Pfloyds Elite 8 (Preps)
4. I92 top 8 (Preps)

Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:47 am How I rank the all the time rankings:

1. 93Bulldogs Elite 8 of Southeastern Ohio (JJHuddle)
2. 93Bulldog/Pfloyds Elite 8 (JJhuddle)
3. Pfloyds Elite 8 (Preps)
4. I92 top 8 (Preps)

Lol
I didn’t do a top 8 much….I ranked them all for a few years. Keeping track and finding scores/records were a pain.

Yes Pfloyd…I drug you over here about 15-16 years ago I think

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Some intresting games Friday for the TVC

Trimble hosts Marietta
Alexander at Unioto
Federal Hocking hosts Western

Return to “Boys Basketball”