SVC 22-23

bsee12345
Varsity

SVC 22-23

Post by bsee12345 »

Looks like the SVC going away from the Friday/Saturday league schedule for the boys. Good move I think for the league- moved some of the girls league games to Friday. The Friday/Saturday league games had to be hard to prepare for-especially the Saturday games.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC 22-23

Post by danicalifornia »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:52 am Looks like the SVC going away from the Friday/Saturday league schedule for the boys. Good move I think for the league- moved some of the girls league games to Friday. The Friday/Saturday league games had to be hard to prepare for-especially the Saturday games.
It was time to make the change. Gives the girls a chance to play on weekends instead of just Tuesday/Thursday, so that’s a big positive along with the easier schedule on the game prep without the back to backs.

Zane Trace is the favorite with their big 3 back, plus adding in from a very good JV squad from last year. Paint Valley has a chance to be really good, especially with Estep back. They are going to be super athletic. Unioto is very young, but should be solid. Adena and Westfall can really shoot it. Piketon is a tough matchup. And Huntington/Southeastern can cause some issues as well

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Saw PV play Greenfield the other day and thought the 2 new players were great additions. Especially with the lack of depth, only 7 kids played. Very athletic team, should be at or near the top of the SVC at the end.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

I agree PV will be tough this year. Piketon and Huntington looked pretty even at the SOC/SVC classic at Huntington. Huntington had a tough loss against Western, missed layup in the last minute to go up by 2. I don’t see either team towards the top of the league but should be battling it out for the bottom half. I’m excited to see what all the other SVC teams look like this season!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The SVC tried this type of scheduling a while back. It didn't really help out the girls attendance. I would like to see Varsity Girls and Boys playing on the same night more often.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

SVC standings little past the half way mark!
Thoughts, predictions?

Zane Trace 8-0, 11-3
Paint Valley 6-2, 10-4
Westfall 6-2, 8-7
Unioto 4-4, 8-6
Adena 4-4, 4-10
Piketon 3-5, 5-8
Southeastern 1-7, 4-11
Huntington 0-8, 2-11

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Zt will win the league title but they have struggled against good teams this year. Blowout losses to Miami Trace & Warren, OT loss to Vinton County. Quality wins over Wheelersburg and Pv. The rest of Zt’s wins are against teams with a combined record of 36-64.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Svcguru wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 am Zt will win the league title but they have struggled against good teams this year. Blowout losses to Miami Trace & Warren, OT loss to Vinton County. Quality wins over Wheelersburg and Pv. The rest of Zt’s wins are against teams with a combined record of 36-64.
Burg and PV are just OK.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Svcguru wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 am Zt will win the league title but they have struggled against good teams this year. Blowout losses to Miami Trace & Warren, OT loss to Vinton County. Quality wins over Wheelersburg and Pv. The rest of Zt’s wins are against teams with a combined record of 36-64.
They lost 44-35 to Miami Trace. I wouldn't consider that anywhere close to a blowout.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:26 pm
They lost 44-35 to Miami Trace. I wouldn't consider that anywhere close to a blowout.
That was as close as ZT got with the final score. Mostly 15 point lead in the second half.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:26 pm
The game was never close regardless of the final score. Miami Trace took it to ZT from the opening tip.
Last edited by Svcguru on Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

petesweaty wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:42 am
Burg and PV are just OK.
I agree but they are Zt’s two biggest wins.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Zane Trace may have the lead but they better not get comfortable.
Unioto in many ways outplayed ZT the other night, could have won that game. PV, WF, Adena, Unioto can beat any team in the league. I've been impressed with Huntington lately. Their coaching staff has done a great job and has their team playing hard.
League play is always tough, especially the second time around.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:05 pm Zane Trace may have the lead but they better not get comfortable.
I wouldn’t say Zt is comfortable at all. With some of the things I’ve heard about the pioneers lately, they are far from comfortable.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Svcguru wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:45 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:05 pm Zane Trace may have the lead but they better not get comfortable.
I wouldn’t say Zt is comfortable at all. With some of the things I’ve heard about the pioneers lately, they are far from comfortable.
I just said they better not get comfortable having a lead in the league after watching several teams. They have to play good to finish on top.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I’ll be shocked if ZT loses twice, even though they still have to play PV and Westfall again

Westfall has not played well since they beat Unioto and PV won’t finish the 2nd half 7-0, even if they do beat ZT the next time around.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

5 games left in SVC play, Zane Trace still holds a 2-game advantage

They do host Westfall on Tuesday, while PV goes to Unioto. The league could almost be clinched if certain results happen…or it could be ultra-tight if they go the other way.

Crazy night on Friday, Ream goes ballastic in the final 3 quarters to score 40 on Huntington. Westfall needs a late 3 from Cline to beat Adena (who is going to beat somebody good eventually) and Unioto comes back from down 16 to beat Piketon.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace survives against Westfall with another putback bucket at the horn, this time by Stonerock and to get to OT. The Mustangs denied Ream everywhere after the 1stQ and it slowed the ZT offense massively, but the younger Robinson and Jarrell’s hit big shots for the Pioneers.

Paint Valley stayed in the race with a 6 point win at Unioto as 4 Bearcats reached double figures. PV hosts Westfall on Saturday, which could actually clinch a share for ZT if the Bearcats lose again to the Mustangs.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Zt continues to find a way to win but their depth is concerning especially come tournament time. Coach Kellough barely subs anyways & now he is down a kid to injury (possible season ending) in his 7 man rotation. Hopefully his kids legs and stamina hold up especially Stonerock & Robinson being bigger boys and Ream having to work so hard every night to get open (constant face guard / double team). It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds for the pioneers!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:27 pm I’ll be shocked if ZT loses twice, even though they still have to play PV and Westfall again

Westfall has not played well since they beat Unioto and PV won’t finish the 2nd half 7-0, even if they do beat ZT the next time around.
Well, I may be proven wrong by PV. They finish the week with a tough road win at Unioto and a pretty impressive win over Westfall.

Congrats to Huntington on getting their first win in a couple of seasons. They have some nice kids coming up through the ranks, so they should have a couple of solid seasons coming up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”