Scrimmages coming up ??? Where & When , between who?...

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: Scrimmages coming up ??? Where & When , between who?...

Post by soggybottomtopper »

FACSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:33 am FAC:

Chilli -
11/12 vs Paint Valley 12PM
11/14 @ Unioto vs Unioto/Fairfield Union 5:30PM
11/16 vs Circleville 5PM
Hillsboro -
11/5 vs Georgetown 9AM
11/9 vs Fayetteville 6PM
11/12 @ Glenwood 12PM
11/14 @ North Adams vs North Adams/Bethel-Tate 6PM
Jackson -
11/22 @ Gallia Academy 5:30PM
McClain -
11/10 vs Peebles 5PM
11/17 vs Westfall 5:30PM
MT -
11/9 @ Adena 6PM
11/12 @ Fairfield Union 10AM
11/18 @ Teays Valley 6PM
11/19 vs Lucasville Valley 12PM
WCH -
11/9 vs Huntington 6PM
11/12 @ Fayetteville vs Fayetteville/Stebbins 10AM
11/15 @ Westfall 5PM
Great info! Thank you

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Anyone have information on the Fairfield Union @ New Lexington scrimmage today ?

... Waverly with only 7 players took on Amanda CC today ... Hudson Kelly sidelined with an injury for at least 2-4 weeks ... defense will have to be the name of the game until everyone figures out their roles for the Tigers on the offensive end this season - with H Kelly out of the lineup, WHS has no one with varsity experience ... my information had Waverly finishing on the good side of the score for the day on the scoreboard ...

Caden Nibert jr - will be playing a lot of the floor general in running the offense
Cade Carroll (soph)
Ryan Haynes (soph) is turning heads with his athletic ability, went off for a double double today
Jamison Morton (jr)
Jake Schrader (jr)
Will Armstrong (soph)
Carson Peters (fr)

Quinton Hurd (jr)
Mason Kelly (soph)
Hudson Kelly (sr)

... young, inexperienced, athletic , only 1 senior - growing pains this season as TEAMS finds answers on the offensive end ... the defense will need to go with the hold the opponents to under 50 ppg ...

... the Waverly JV's looked good winning all of their quarters vs Amanda ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Just about everyone will be getting into game mode with scrimmages this coming week :

Zane Trace

vs Circleville Wed
vs Lancaster Fri
vs South Point Sat

Fairfield Union

vs Miami Trace Sat

Minford

@ South Point Tues

Lucasville Valley

vs North Adams (Thu)

Logan Elm

vs Waverly (Wed)
@ Vinton County (Sat)

Miami Trace

@ Adena (Wed)
@ Fairfield Union (Sat)

Washington CH

vs Huntington (Wed)
@ Fayetteville (Sat)

... a look at the teams in the top end of the Elite 8 rankings ... this week's scrimmage action ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:10 pm Anyone have information on the Fairfield Union @ New Lexington scrimmage today ?

... Waverly with only 7 players took on Amanda CC today ... Hudson Kelly sidelined with an injury for at least 2-4 weeks ... defense will have to be the name of the game until everyone figures out their roles for the Tigers on the offensive end this season - with H Kelly out of the lineup, WHS has no one with varsity experience ... my information had Waverly finishing on the good side of the score for the day on the scoreboard ...

Caden Nibert jr - will be playing a lot of the floor general in running the offense
Cade Carroll (soph)
Ryan Haynes (soph) is turning heads with his athletic ability, went off for a double double today
Jamison Morton (jr)
Jake Schrader (jr)
Will Armstrong (soph)
Carson Peters (fr)

Quinton Hurd (jr)
Mason Kelly (soph)
Hudson Kelly (sr)

... young, inexperienced, athletic , only 1 senior - growing pains this season as TEAMS finds answers on the offensive end ... the defense will need to go with the hold the opponents to under 50 ppg ...

Thanks for the rundown.....

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:10 pm Anyone have information on the Fairfield Union @ New Lexington scrimmage today ?

Cade Carroll (soph)
Jamison Morton (jr)
Jake Schrader (jr)
Will Armstrong (soph)
Carson Peters (fr)

Quinton Hurd (jr)
Mason Kelly (soph)
Hudson Kelly (sr)

Nice rundown, it's going to be a tough year for the Tigers, hearing Hudson is probably going to be out longer than the 2-4 weeks to add to it. Nibert and Haynes looked good but honestly I don't know that Amanda is going to fair much better than we are. Next few scrimmages should help out the players and coaches to figure things out a bit more because we've probably got some guys starting that were not bringing much to the table. JV played surprisingly well, scoring for varsity is going to be tough especially when teams basically shutdown the middle and make Waverly shoot outside, we've only got a few capable of doing it and that's if the coaches allow them to shoot it.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I had herd Mason Pollard, Mason Kelley, and Q Hurd all 3 didn't commit to playing. They just said they would try it and have herd Pollard already told them he was not going to play and Q Hurd only going today and is done. Mason Kelley does not want to play but his dad is making him try it at least for this week.
All 3 of these kids would start easily for the Tigers that is for sure. I hope something changes, the scrimmage was like watching 2 jv teams that wouldn't win a JV soc.
I did not see one kid who is at varsity level. I know they have no experience but it was really bad. Have another on Wednesday hopefully it goes better as I wish this new Head Coach all the luck I can seems like he is a good guy just kind of thrown into the fire

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:06 pm I had herd Mason Pollard, Mason Kelley, and Q Hurd all 3 didn't commit to playing. They just said they would try it and have herd Pollard already told them he was not going to play and Q Hurd only going today and is done. Mason Kelley does not want to play but his dad is making him try it at least for this week.
All 3 of these kids would start easily for the Tigers that is for sure. I hope something changes, the scrimmage was like watching 2 jv teams that wouldn't win a JV soc.
I did not see one kid who is at varsity level. I know they have no experience but it was really bad. Have another on Wednesday hopefully it goes better as I wish this new Head Coach all the luck I can seems like he is a good guy just kind of thrown into the fire
I agree it was not good but they are young. I have watched these kids play and could break down every player but that wouldn't be fair because they are being forced to play at a level they are not ready for and shouldn't have to play at the varsity level. This team would of been lucky to of even scored a point on last years team. It will be a long long year seeing how loaded the SOC is this year. If any of those 3 play it will help out instantly but don't think any will play.
also football coaches and principal need to quit pushing these kids to play and treating them poorly when they don't want to. Its there decision not yours and they don't owe you a explanation nor the principal. I don't believe Jake or Crabtree played basketball. And no kid should be made to try it

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... any scrimmages today/this evening? Western was taking on Clermont and Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg today ... any information as to how those matchups went? ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:03 pm ... any scrimmages today/this evening? Western was taking on Clermont and Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg today ... any information as to how those matchups went? ...
I know Warren has a scrimmage Saturday morning against Fed Hock then plays in a preview against Marietta that evening.

Go Blue
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Waverly travels to Logan Elm Wednesday at 5:30

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Eastern Meigs was at Oak Hill last night.

Eastern may have been missing some football players because it wasn't pretty.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:11 am Eastern Meigs was at Oak Hill last night.

Eastern was pretty down in basketball last year too, so I'd imagine they had most if not all of their guys.

Oak Hill is much improved. They'll make some noise in the SOC2 this year.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
PeteM.
Waterboy

Post by PeteM. »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:11 am Eastern Meigs was at Oak Hill last night.

Thought Eastern would be better.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:03 pm ... any scrimmages today/this evening? Western was taking on Clermont and Lynchburg Clay at Lynchburg today ... any information as to how those matchups went? ...
Western is traveling to Lynchburg today!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Western24 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:30 am
Western is traveling to Lynchburg today!
How did they do?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Cade Carroll (soph)
Jamison Morton (jr)
Jake Schrader (jr)
Will Armstrong (soph)
Carson Peters (fr)

Quinton Hurd (jr)
Mason Kelly (soph)
Hudson Kelly (sr)

Hurd isn't playing basketball, scrimmage tonight against Logan Elm was ugly, going to be a long year for the Tigers.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Any news on the ZT vs Circleville scrimmage?

Live Like A Champion!
Pointerdog11
Waterboy

Post by Pointerdog11 »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:54 am Any news on the ZT vs Circleville scrimmage?
Any one hear how northwest and pointers went?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren scrimmaged Frontier last night but I have no info

Go Blue
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:13 pm

Cade Carroll (soph)
Jamison Morton (jr)
Jake Schrader (jr)
Will Armstrong (soph)
Carson Peters (fr)

Quinton Hurd (jr)
Mason Kelly (soph)
Hudson Kelly (sr)

Hurd isn't playing basketball, scrimmage tonight against Logan Elm was ugly, going to be a long year for the Tigers.
It's a shame when kids that could help tremendously don't play. Was really looking forward to the young man playing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”