East District is loaded

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Re: D2 District/Regional

Post by AHS_Stephens »

2023 BOYS SECTIONAL/DISTRICT BASKETBALL TOURNAMENTS SOUTHEAST OHIO
Division I, Sectional Tournament
Schools: Chillicothe, Logan (2) Assigned to Central District

Division II, Sectional Tournaments – Four (4) winners from a Super-Sectional alignment advance to the District Tournament. Teams will be assigned sites and bracket placements based on NCAA brackets following the seeding. Beginning with the first round and continuing through the sectional finals the better seed will host and be the home team. District semi-final and final games will be played at neutral sites. The better seed will be considered the home team.

Schools: Alexander, Athens, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Gallia Academy, Hillsboro, Ironton, Jackson, Logan Elm, Marietta, McClain, Miami Trace, New Lexington, River Valley, Sheridan, Unioto, Vinton County, Warren, Washington C.H., Waverly. (20)

2-18 (7:00) – 2/22 (7:00) – 2/25 (7:00)

Division II, District Tournament –3/1 (6:15, 8:00) - 3-5 (2:00) Semi-final Site at Southeastern High School, Chillicothe. Leonard Steyer, Mgr., 2003 Lancaster Road, Chillicothe, 45601 B: 740.774.2003

Final At Ohio University. Manager TBD

One (1) winner advances to the regional tournament.
#1 Seed vs # 4 Seed
Wednesday, 1- Mar 6:15 @ Southeastern

#2 Seed vs #3 Seed
Sunday, 5 – Mar 2:00 @ OU
Wednesday, 1 - Mar 8:00 @ Southeastern

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

We gain 2 schools and still lose a district winner. That’s rough.

Thought we would be okay, but the East is at 21 schools and Central 22, so we couldn’t even have hoped to win a coin flip this time.

The Sectional finals should be fun at least.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

How many of these teams have a fair chance at getting to the district? I’d say quite a few at this point.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good to see East Liverpool being “a player” in the post season again …

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer77 »

Hookshot wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:08 pm How many of these teams have a fair chance at getting to the district? I’d say quite a few at this point.
Really about 7 or 8 teams right now that should have expectations of competing for the district. I doubt there could be consensus as to which teams are likely -- besides Washington Court House I'm not seeing anybody in the "likely" category.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hookshot wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:08 pm How many of these teams have a fair chance at getting to the district? I’d say quite a few at this point.
I think it’s pretty wide open this year

I think as of now, Washington is probably the favorite, but they’ve also had some games that were more competitive than they should have been, so who knows.

In a one and done setting, I wouldn’t pick against Warren or Unioto even though they are both super young. Neither will be a favorite, but it wouldn’t surprise me if either pulls off an upset. Alexander could fit in there too with D’Augustino. Jackson in there too.

Miami Trace, Vinton County, Sheridan, Gallia Academy should be right there.

I don’t know enough about Ironton, New Lexington or Marietta to have an opinion.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Liverpool is young but will be a factor. Philly one of the favorites. TV will be dangerous. Maysville really good. Probably a 4-6 team race.

Auntyjp
Waterboy

Post by Auntyjp »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:06 pm

I think as of now, Washington is probably the favorite, but they’ve also had some games that were more competitive than they should have been, so who knows.

In a one and done setting, I wouldn’t pick against Warren or Unioto even though they are both super young. Neither will be a favorite, but it wouldn’t surprise me if either pulls off an upset. Alexander could fit in there too with D’Augustino. Jackson in there too.

I don’t know enough about Ironton, New Lexington or Marietta to have an opinion.
You keep mentioning Alexander and D’Augustino, right now they are 5th in the TVC

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Auntyjp wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:14 am
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:06 pm

You keep mentioning Alexander and D’Augustino, right now they are 5th in the TVC
Okay.

ADM7
Waterboy

Post by ADM7 »

New MartinRPI rankings came out.... Looks like Washington CH, Miami Trace, Vinton County, and Fairfield Union look like Top 4 seeds in any order right now in SE. And in the East... Maysville, E Liverpool, Carrollton, and New Philadelphia are the Top 4 there.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Preliminary seeding based on the current MartinRPI rankings. Below are the D-II tournament matchups .

FYI - Ignore most of the dates. They haven't been updated yet.

Post by JChipwood »

Gonna be tough to predict. Should be a very exciting close to the 22-23 season. Team that finds their rhythm and improves the most between now and end of Feb should emerge as the champ. Too close to call right now.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:32 am Preliminary seeding based on the current MartinRPI rankings. Below are the D-II tournament matchups .

Thanks for the mock bracket, this is great. But.....it needs some edits. RV and Waverly are left out. With them included, will 4 teams get byes?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

6-4-3=2o wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:33 pm
Thanks for the mock bracket, this is great. But.....it needs some edits. RV and Waverly are left out. With them included, will 4 teams get byes?
Good catch. It's fixed now.

Post by jose »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:32 am Preliminary seeding based on the current MartinRPI rankings. Below are the D-II tournament matchups .

Appreciate the cool bracket-but doesn't bode well when the #1 predicted seed gets blown out by 36 last night-I didnt know they even had a running clock in Basketball

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

With DII the way it is this year right now I could see any of the top 10 or so teams winning it. The second half of the season should provide some separation though and maybe cut that list down.

Go Blue
6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 pm
6-4-3=2o wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:33 pm
Good catch. It's fixed now.
Thanks, TSYS! Again, this is great!

ADM7
Waterboy

Post by ADM7 »

New Philly had a big win over Dover last week, and Carrollton has a 10 game winning streak going. They absolutely dismantled Minerva last week. West Holmes got their first win vs Indian Valley (they have been very up ad down) and Steubenville got a big win at East Liverpool. They may be putting it together. Maysville remains undefeated. I think its Maysville, New Philly, Carrollton and East Liverpool as the teams to beat in the East.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Revised D-II bracket matchups with updated MartinRPI rankings.
+/- on left indicates change from last weeks MartinRPI rankings.

Return to “Boys Basketball”