Coaching Openings

Pioneer77
Waterboy

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by Pioneer77 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:30 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:20 pm
Hookshot wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:33 am Heading into the first weekend of shootouts, any coaching vacancies left in the Southeast? Will anyone be reporting on this site what they see after this weekend?
Do a lot of teams usually participate in the first weekend?
Some shootouts this weekend, more shootouts and camps the following week though.

Unioto and Vinton County scrimmaged this morning. Lots of young talent on the floor and both teams played hard.
Is the expectation that both Unioto and Vinton County will be improved over last season? I wasn't sure that would be the case this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pioneer77 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:24 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:20 pm
Do a lot of teams usually participate in the first weekend?
Some shootouts this weekend, more shootouts and camps the following week though.

Unioto and Vinton County scrimmaged this morning. Lots of young talent on the floor and both teams played hard.
Is the expectation that both Unioto and Vinton County will be improved over last season? I wasn't sure that would be the case this year.
Not sure on VC, but Unioto will be extremely young. Pretty talented, but still young. Should be solid to good offensively, but like last year, defense will be the key to the Shermans success.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:29 pm

Not sure on VC, but Unioto will be extremely young. Pretty talented, but still young. Should be solid to good offensively, but like last year, defense will be the key to the Shermans success.
VC had a pretty solid record last year. Can someone give us an early preview on 2022-23?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:37 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:29 pm

VC had a pretty solid record last year. Can someone give us an early preview on 2022-23?
VC graduated a great group of seniors. Most of their scoring and some really good defensive players are gone. With that said, the JV team only had a couple losses on the season. It’ll be interesting to see how NJ and the Vikings enter the post Combs era but I would imagine a TVC and sectional title will be the goal. Should be a fun season in McArthur. The last time a legend of a coach left (O’Rourke) the Vikings continued success under Queen. Hopefully the same will happen for NJ and the basketball program. I’m excited. I think the rest of VC is too.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

McClain hired 1993 Alum Bob Williams to lead the Boys Varsity Team.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Didn't realize he was that young, also saw they did a write-up for the Waterford boys coach too.

Go Blue
K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

Whs95fan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:15 pm
Didn't realize he was that young, also saw they did a write-up for the Waterford boys coach too.
Waterford's new coach:

“I want to to build a program where, when you find out you’re playing Waterford you know you’re in for a dogfight for 32 minutes"

Yeah, we all know what a fight it is when you play at their place. So, I would change that to, when you're playing at Waterford... :mrgreen:

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Fairfield hires Quentin Williams, was varsity assistant and a former alum.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

I believe I may have jumped in too soon on the Fairfield job. My sources are now telling me that Job has not been filled... Sorry for the bad reporting

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Happy2bhere wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:15 pm I believe I may have jumped in too soon on the Fairfield job. My sources are now telling me that Job has not been filled... Sorry for the bad reporting
If Quinton gets the job,I believe he will become an awesome coach. He's a keeper .

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:01 pm
Happy2bhere wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:15 pm I believe I may have jumped in too soon on the Fairfield job. My sources are now telling me that Job has not been filled... Sorry for the bad reporting
If Quinton gets the job,I believe he will become an awesome coach. He's a keeper .
Was that the hire? Didn't someone also say that Fairfield is searching for an AD?

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 pm
Was that the hire? Didn't someone also say that Fairfield is searching for an AD?
The board meets Monday, the belief is the AD, and both varsity boys and girls will all be named then.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Happy2bhere wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:08 am
FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 pm

The board meets Monday, the belief is the AD, and both varsity boys and girls will all be named then.

Quentin Williams was officially named Fairfield boys varsity coach Mon night at the board meeting.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Did Belpre hire a coach?

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Nope...job is still posted. They elimanted his teaching job so he resigned as coach.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

chrishilton91 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:21 am Nope...job is still posted. They elimanted his teaching job so he resigned as coach.
I hope they hire a coach that wants to get the program back on track. I’d start with someone who can keep the best players @ Belpre & attempt to revive the peewee program.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Picket Fence wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:26 am
chrishilton91 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:21 am Nope...job is still posted. They elimanted his teaching job so he resigned as coach.
I hope they hire a coach that wants to get the program back on track. I’d start with someone who can keep the best players @ Belpre & attempt to revive the peewee program.
Maybe they can get a former OSU player to take over. Either that, or since you mentioned the peewee program, maybe they could get a peewee coach to take the varsity? Didn't they try that for a few years in football? Or was that somewhere else? :o

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:47 pm
Picket Fence wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:26 am
Maybe they can get a former OSU player to take over. Either that, or since you mentioned the peewee program, maybe they could get a peewee coach to take the varsity? Didn't they try that for a few years in football? Or was that somewhere else? :o
Gray Cat, Belpre did have a former peewee basketball coach for a couple of years (2009? or 2010?). That didn’t work out and was a disaster. I’m sure people remember the OU Convo inciden at districts. The last time they were regularly beating teams in the TVC was in 2012-2014 and Jordan Thornhill was the coach.

If Belpre keeps their best players “in house” then they will be at the top of the TVC-Hocking. The problem is their best players all transfer to Warren or Parkersburg Catholic. They lost five college-level athletes to those two schools from 2014-2021 (all 1000 point scorers). They lost Stadleman to Warren last year, who started for Warren by the end of the year….he’s a freshman and likely a 1000 point scorer. Keep the talent in house, Belpre wins.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Anyone been hired?

Return to “Boys Basketball”