Thank you for the reads SEO - pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Thank you for the reads SEO - pfloyd

Post by pfloyd »

The regular season is in the books, my "job" is done ... not really a job as I totally enjoy pushing out where I see the 71 teams across the SouthEast District compared to one another regardless of division ... it's been a great season! the D4 teams have been a BIG part of the Best of the Best ! ... the usual cast of characters Logan Elm, Warren, Fairfield Union, Fairland, Eastern Brown among others had question marks beside their names in the November/December portion of the season due to losing either all or 3-4 starters off of great teams from last season ... BUT as I always look at the Head coaches when doing rankings - the Stiverson's, Maddox's, Speeds, Davis's, Beucler's - these are coaches that just never seem to have a down or mediocre season due to what is perceived to be "lack of talent" ... the "systems" are in place , the consistent coaching through the ranks is there ... these teams have all worked their way to the upper echelon of the SE District yet again ... after last years' Covid Season where I only had eyes on 2 games in the post season due to the protocols, my goal for my own sanity was to "get back out there!, see as many games as I can!, reconnect with the coaches, fans, players families, players, seop's posters! I think I was successful ...I made it a point to get to the "in-season" classics ... Zane Trace Tip Off Classic, Ironton Classic, Alexander's Spartan's Alley Classic, Waverly's Classic, North Adam's Coach Young Classic ... ALL of these get togethers were outstanding!!! the folks at each venue were more than nice and put on excellent events... I'm looking forward to going back to ALL of them next year - as I've said , there is nothing better than going to 1 venue to see 5-6 games with outstanding matchups ... I encourage all of us to get out to these events in your own local area, support the schools, teams, and players ... I get it , I'm a different animal - I go to them all - BUT you can support those that are in your area ...

... I just want to thank those who have followed the Elite 8 again! it's a lot of work to do and I TRY to get it right! that's why I do what I do - I try to make it "legitimate" if that's the right word, I try to make sure the rankings are done by having "knowledge" of the teams, having "eyes on" so that good comparisons can be made as opposed to just looking at a game score ... I have been accused of being "racist" on here last season ... this year, I was told I was a "b#tch" for the coaches, or anyone who would shake my hand ... not sure how either of those were equated to what I do based on what I post but so be it ... folks the "pay isn't good" for what I do LOL ... I do it because I DO enjoy the games, I DO enjoy the people, I DO enjoy "getting it right" or the CHALLENGE of getting it right - I'm a perfectionist at heart, I don't do ANYTHING half way, I do EVERYTHING to be the BEST at it ... that's me ... I DO try to be as positive for ALL officials , teams, players, coaches from #1 to #71 as I can be ... again that's MY take as to what THIS site should be about - promoting the sport of high school basketball ...

... Thank you all for reading the rankings, and my game rundowns ... I get a lot of positive feedback from coaches all over the SE District about what I do ... some of the best feedback though is from past players who have moved on to be adults ... I look forward to seeing these "kids" - an example is Heath Unger , past player for Eastern Brown, now an assistant coach at EB, an elementary teacher ... I run into Heath off an on in my travels - not often, most times it's been at the Convo in the post season, he will ALWAYS find me in my Cheap Seat location ... we talk basketball, life, now education ... have seen Heath a couple times this season! - when HE tells me he still reads my "stuff", and appreciates what I do for SEO hoops THAT means something - friends for life coming out of the love of basketball ... thank you...

- pfloyd
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Thank you for the reads SEO - pfloyd

Post by mattash »

Your amazing man.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Love what you do…..

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wish we could’ve been able to catch more games together this postseason, but as always, I enjoyed watching a few with you at ZT, Waverly and Ironton!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:18 pm Wish we could’ve been able to catch more games together this postseason, but as always, I enjoyed watching a few with you at ZT, Waverly and Ironton!
... daniC! thank YOU ! we've known each other through hoops - figuratively and literally LOL - for what seems like a long time now ... I am glad to call you a friend - we talk basketball, sports in general, work, and life ... yep, adds up to friends in my book ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

You do an amazing job pfloyd and we are blessed to have you. Love your passion for SE District hoops.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Floyd, you should come down to McArthur tonight. We’ll get you on camera! Maybe even have you do color!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Looking forward to catching up with ya down the line. Good work.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The absolute best place to find unbiased and informative information for SEO basketball. A little bantering, SW ranked too low in final polling, but the weeking polling is as good as it gets.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Love the rankings, and the napkin stats. Havent got to speak to but once this year. Hope to see you at regionals in two weeks. Us old guys (lol) got to keep it going.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:55 pm Love the rankings, and the napkin stats. Havent got to speak to but once this year. Hope to see you at regionals in two weeks. Us old guys (lol) got to keep it going.
... you're right peake71 - bman has us old guys becoming extinct sooner than later! LOL ... one thing about us old guys is that we just keep going until we can't ... see you at the regionals - we're going to be at the Convo one way or the other LOL!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”