Trimble loss

Gray Cat
Varsity

Trimble loss

Post by Gray Cat »

Okay, with Trimble beating the brakes off of pretty much everyone so far this year, will they lose a game during the regular season? Howie took them to their first ever undefeated season in his first year coaching them. Can he do it again? If not, who will beat them? How about the tourney? Will they get any competition in the district, regional? What do you all think?

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble loss

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

It's good to see Howdee turning Thimble into a basketball school. I knew it would take time since they have always been knows as football, but I figured he would finally get it done. I've heard that Hill has something in store for him at Meigs so this might be a bullet for Howdee to dodge.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

What’s Trimbles schedule

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:48 am What’s Trimbles schedule
Soon enough Eastern Meigs will push them to the limit.

They are really good. Crazy they don’t schedule up a bit but they’ll beat someone pretty good in the district finals and we’ll see from there

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

They won’t lose a regular season game. Valley and south Webster are the only two teams that come to mind that can beat them

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:21 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:48 am What’s Trimbles schedule
Soon enough Eastern Meigs will push them to the limit.

They are really good. Crazy they don’t schedule up a bit but they’ll beat someone pretty good in the district finals and we’ll see from there
They tried to and still kind of are..

Played a good Caldwell team at the Alley Classic.
Scheduled and played Fort Frye at the Marietta Classic.
Scheduled to play at The beasts of the southeast, which was gonna be a tough opponent, but it was cancelled. They are still playing Chesapeake.
Scheduled two of the better teams in the Ohio, Meigs and Alexander.
Scheduled Athens too.

You don't know for sure who is gonna be really good or not when basketball schedules have to be made.
But for Trimble to schedule Athens, Meigs, Alexander, Chesapeake, Fort Frye and Caldwell prior to was pretty good. Not to mention 4 games versus Waterford and Fed Hock, which are pretty solid teams.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I don’t doubt they’re good but I’d like to see the combined record of the competition at the end of the season… before they end up like this https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 81884.html

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:15 pm I don’t doubt they’re good but I’d like to see the combined record of the competition at the end of the season… before they end up like this https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 81884.html
I remember watching Alek Blevins…he was a senior and one of the fastest players I’d had watched on the basketball court in a long time. Lightning

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:11 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:15 pm I don’t doubt they’re good but I’d like to see the combined record of the competition at the end of the season… before they end up like this https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 81884.html
I remember watching Alek Blevins…he was a senior and one of the fastest players I’d had watched on the basketball court in a long time. Lightning
Think you mixed up Levi Cook with Alek 👀

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Completely different situation. Trimble, with every one of its players back, already navigated its way though a tournament playing tough competition last year. They had Berlin Highland on the ropes and should have won that regional game, imo. They are well experienced and equipped for another post season run in 2022.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What happened the next game?

https://www.newspapers.com/image/127171425/?terms=

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

They got waxed by Paint Valley for the 2nd time that season who also had a bad record

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:02 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:11 pm
Think you mixed up Levi Cook with Alek 👀
Shiloh’s older brother (2-3 years older I think) he was about 5’10, dark hair and lightning fast….it was his senior year and they played Jackson at Jackson

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Eh I don’t particularly remember his speed compared to cooks but then again that was during my 4 year hiatus from attending 40 games a year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:07 pm Eh I don’t particularly remember his speed compared to cooks but then again that was during my 4 year hiatus from attending 40 games a year
Why would I specifically remember it lol?

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Will the Trimble vs Meigs be streamed?

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Fan of the youth wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:35 pm Will the Trimble vs Meigs be streamed?
Yes on the Meigs Local School District page on Facebook, it will cover all three games the freshman, Junior varsity and varsity

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Will the winner of the souteast district play the East district winner in regionals again this year?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

March 8th

Columbus 1 vs East 1
Southeast 2 vs Southeast 1

Return to “Boys Basketball”