2/5/21 Waverly @ Wheelersburg

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

2/5/21 Waverly @ Wheelersburg

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Will the Pirates keep rolling In this one? Or will the Tiger faithful leave Pirate Drive happy?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2/5/21 Waverly @ Wheelersburg

Post by Omega »

Only pride is at stake, just hoping for a competitive well played game by both teams.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If both teams play as well as they did against us then I’ll say Burg by 11

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Waverly 70
Wheelersburg 58

Waverly’s front court outplays Burg’s. Robertson goes for 35.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg is probably playing the most consistent ball of anyone in the area, Burg at home is a tough draw. Burg by 8.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This Burg team reminds me of some of their old state final four teams. In my opinion they are one of the best I’ve seen collectively as a team in all the years I’ve watched. They don’t have a superstar but they’ve got 8 kids that can play and all of them can score a basket.

Waverly is one of those teams that I feel can beat the pirates because they can score as well. Waverly also shoots the ball well at burg and feeds off the energy, which sadly isn’t there this year. But if Waverly goes cold for one half to a quarter, burg will solidify their SOC run.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Wish this game had more on the line, but should still be a very highly competitive game with two of the best in the area going at it for round 2. This game would be packed on a normal year, would be a very fun atmosphere for everyone and I really hate that these boys aren’t getting to experience all of that.

I think Waverly plays better on the road for whatever reason. I definitely think Waverly can come home with a win, but it will be extremely tough. Burg is a very solid team who have so many guys that can take on the scoring load. I do think the Tigers have improved in a lot of ways since the first matchup. But I’m sure that same can be said for the Pirates. If Waverly doesn’t stay out of foul trouble that could be disastrous for them, since they only play pretty much 6 guys. If the Tigers want a win Friday night, they will also need to have someone else step up and take on some scoring, may need to have multiple guys in double digits who’s name isn’t Trey.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

This one could come down to free throws

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

I'm gonna take Burg by 15
Burg 72
Waverly 57
Miller will be the star Friday night

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly by 8

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg by 28

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Waverly by 14. Burg might be the best team around BUT they are due for a hiccup and Waverly will want this game more.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Watched the first game in person. Waverly led the first three quarters. Burg hung around and hung around and the next thing you know they are up 4 with 2 minutes to go and waverly had to foul. I am biased being a tiger fan but left that night thinking waverly was the more talented team but didn't win. Burg is so well coached and those kids have been winners in everything they have played. No panic and now how to finish. I did walk away thinking how did Waverly lose that one, but again I am a unashamed biased Tiger fan. We do usually play well at Burg. Will have to catch this one on the livestream.

Seneca
Riding the Bench

Post by Seneca »

Burg outworked the Tigers on the boards in the first meeting but I don't think that happens again. Robertson shoots at least 10 FT's and Waverly wins by 5.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg's defense is some of the best defense I've ever witnessed out of a Burg team. They switch off so well which doesn't give anyone a good open look. Robertson will get his so Burg has to focus on not letting anyone else go off scoring wise.

Burg will just need to continue passing the ball around getting the open shot. I thought against Minford Burg looked like a one man team at times and they can't do that against Waverly. This is going to take a complete team effort where they have 4-5 guys in double figures. When they do that they are hard to beat. Period!

Hope for a good, hard fought game with no injuries and the refs are hardly heard from. Let the boys settle this on the court just not on the free throw line.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ukfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:51 am Watched the first game in person. Waverly led the first three quarters. Burg hung around and hung around and the next thing you know they are up 4 with 2 minutes to go and waverly had to foul. I am biased being a tiger fan but left that night thinking waverly was the more talented team but didn't win. Burg is so well coached and those kids have been winners in everything they have played. No panic and now how to finish. I did walk away thinking how did Waverly lose that one, but again I am a unashamed biased Tiger fan. We do usually play well at Burg. Will have to catch this one on the livestream.
Didn’t see the first one but you’re kind of on track to my assessment of the burg. A scoring team like Waverly can take the pirates down but if they go into a lull, the pirates can score quickly. All the games I’ve been able to catch, it’s like they can easily reel off a 5 to 7 point run.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I think that Eli Swords will be the difference tonight if he has a good shooting night it sparks the rest of the team and IMO Matthew Miller is the best all around point guard in the area his pull up jumper from 10 to 12 feet out is outstanding and the energy he brings is fun to watch. Burg is playing good right now so hopefully they play great tonight and stay undefeated. But Trey is hard to stop he will get his and I think he loves playing at Burg he seems to put up big numbers there. Burg 64 Waverly 57 is my guess

Burg grad 85
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

What's the livestream site?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm What's the livestream site?
Wheelersburg livestream is awesome. Watched the girls play there. They use at least 4 high quality cameras with the clock and score at the bottom of the screen.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

smurray wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:09 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm What's the livestream site?
Wheelersburg livestream is awesome. Watched the girls play there. They use at least 4 high quality cameras with the clock and score at the bottom of the screen.
and its free

Return to “Boys Basketball”