Warren 57 Fort Frye 43

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Warren 57 Fort Frye 43

Post by hoopsfan »

Looking forward to a great matchup, I tuned in to the live feed of the game. What I saw from Warren in the first half was outstanding. Their team defense absolutely smothered the Cadets. Offensively, the Warriors had the interior advantage and their team passing was fantastic. The Warriors seemed to have played an almost perfect first half and led 36-7 at the break. The second half was pretty sloppy at times and Fort Frye made a nice late run but the Warriors were in total control of this one. Fort Frye's Nic Hart is a very impressive player on both ends of the court with his length and quickness. He had 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals for the Cadets. The Warriors had a balanced scoring attack in this game. Brayden Sallee and Kurt Taylor both hit the boards hard and posted nice games. Sallee had 12 points and 11 boards while Taylor scored 11 points with 11 boards. Seth Dennis had a nice all around game and is a smooth point guard. He had 9 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals. Josh Welch provided a nice game of 9 points and 5 rebounds and big man Jake Baumgard had 8 points and is very good around the basket as a big man. Joel Chevalier is one heck of a defender for the Warriors and he had some great passes early on pick and roll plays. Chevalier finished with 4 points, 4 assists, and 3 steals. Dennis Petty and Caleb Davis came in off the bench for Warren and played great. They add some nice depth for the Warriors. Fort Frye has two outstanding players in Nic Hart and Kelton Fogle. They get a third scoring option from smooth shooting Luke Huffman. In this contest, Huffman scored 7 and Fogle 6, but both are averaging more. Fort Frye has a nice solid defensive squad and I expect the Cadets to compete for the East District championship in Division III. Good luck to both teams going forward.

Return to “Boys Basketball”