FAC SCHOOLS

borodad
Riding the Bench

FAC SCHOOLS

Post by borodad »

How long does everyone think the FAC can continue with current schools? Will they add more, lose some, stay the same, or disband? I know as a Hillsboro fan/father we are the furthest west school and it does not appear any other schools near us would join making our drives further.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: FAC SCHOOLS

Post by countywide35 »

borodad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 am How long does everyone think the FAC can continue with current schools? Will they add more, lose some, stay the same, or disband? I know as a Hillsboro fan/father we are the furthest west school and it does not appear any other schools near us would join making our drives further.

Western Brown has a Case to petition to the league.

Pretty certain they play just about all FAC schools as a OOC game this coming fall in football.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

I would think schools like Unioto and Waverly be interested in joining just based on size of schools and locations

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:01 pm I would think schools like Unioto and Waverly be interested in joining just based on size of schools and locations
No school is gonna leave a league with stability like the svc for another league that’s just getting started.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Unioto isn’t leaving the SVC lol...but agree they and Waverly are a perfect fit.

I see no problem with current league. Kids at Jackson are losing the rivalry with Gallia Academy, Logan, Athens etc and Hillsboro, Chillicothe and the others provide great competition across the sports. Jackson isn’t dominating anything (other than a weak softball league)....some nice facilities at most every school. I teach 10 miles from Hillsboro and with some Hillsboro people....I don’t ever hear this add new teams or find a new league talk. I don’t think Hillsboro is real happy and McClain might like it elsewhere but the FAC is pretty solid, everyone a SE District team and the Championships across the sports are spread around pretty good.

Hillsboro to Jackson isn’t fun on a weeknight but it’s 1x a season. Jackson is happy and has the most travel by far with 4 pretty long trips.

I like this league...sitting here in parking lot waiting to enter Hillsboro High School to watch my 8-1 Ironmen battle against the 9-2 Indians in a huge league tilt....only thing that could be better would be no fan restrictions.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The FAC don’t want this smoke

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

mlittle wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:29 pm The FAC don’t want this smoke
Would love to get unioto and Waverly on the football schedule.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Head they do though.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:03 pm
Head they do though.
Heard they don’t

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

Bringing Waverly and Unioto (not happening) into the league continues the eastward drive for Hillsboro....western brown would make sense but I see Hillsboro, Greenfield, and Chillicothe looking elsewhere

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

borodad wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am Bringing Waverly and Unioto (not happening) into the league continues the eastward drive for Hillsboro....western brown would make sense but I see Hillsboro, Greenfield, and Chillicothe looking elsewhere
That’s why Unioto wouldn’t consider the FAC for a while. It just seems like a league where half of the members want out isn’t going to stay together for long.

As of now, we play 5 of the 6 schools in non-league play, but I think until there is full stability and/or the SVC actually wants Unioto out, then we will be staying put.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:52 am
borodad wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am Bringing Waverly and Unioto (not happening) into the league continues the eastward drive for Hillsboro....western brown would make sense but I see Hillsboro, Greenfield, and Chillicothe looking elsewhere
That’s why Unioto wouldn’t consider the FAC for a while. It just seems like a league where half of the members want out isn’t going to stay together for long.

As of now, we play 5 of the 6 schools in non-league play, but I think until there is full stability and/or the SVC actually wants Unioto out, then we will be staying put.
At best, the FAC is a compromise for all member schools. They simply had no where else to go in terms of balanced competition and travel.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not buying there is any issue. I on occasion hear Hillsboro isn’t a big fan but that’s it. As for Hillsboro having to travel east....they are as far as you can get to the west side of the SE district. If they truly don’t want to even go to Chillicothe there are numerous SBAAC schools or even SHAC schools to fill out their schedule. IMO if you play in the SE District the majority of your schedule should be in the SE district. SHAC all way smaller.

I truly have no idea why Hillsboro (if they even really do) would not like this league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”