OHSAA Memo Warns Winter Sports Season Could Be At Risk

Post by radiodavel »

OHSAA Memo Warns Winter Sports Season Could Be At Risk
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... be-at-risk

Pol pot
SE

Re: OHSAA Memo Warns Winter Sports Season Could Be At Risk

Post by Pol pot »

radiodavel wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 pm OHSAA Memo Warns Winter Sports Season Could Be At Risk
Your site is a real hatchet job site. If you have not noticed games are being cancelled all over the state, the governors office is not happy and has threatened to shut things down. That OHSAA memo is simply a reminder of this, take your grudge and move on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This place needs a “like” and “unlike” option

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Every school I have heard of is already doing this, limiting each player to 2 or 3 tickets and they have to be immediate family members.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Covid itself is not the culprit of suspending games. Its the quarantining of teams. For example, I heard a story about a JV player that broke his arm and needed surgery. Protocol has him getting a covid test before surgery. So he went to get tested and the school quarantines the rest of the team until he gets the results. What? Is this real? smh
Also, an assistant coach tested positive, the school shuts down all programs and quarantines all teams.
SMH again!.

If the case of quarantining everybody that comes into contact is in play then Why are we wearing masks? Why are we socially distancing? Which brings me to my next question, we see benches spread out and chairs 6 feet apart. Why? if a coach or player tests positive they still quarantine the rest of the team, no matter if they are 6 feet apart or wearing a mask. None of it makes sense, just the eye test!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:38 am Covid itself is not the culprit of suspending games. Its the quarantining of teams. For example, I heard a story about a JV player that broke his arm and needed surgery. Protocol has him getting a covid test before surgery. So he went to get tested and the school quarantines the rest of the team until he gets the results. What? Is this real? smh
Also, an assistant coach tested positive, the school shuts down all programs and quarantines all teams.
SMH again!.

If the case of quarantining everybody that comes into contact is in play then Why are we wearing masks? Why are we socially distancing? Which brings me to my next question, we see benches spread out and chairs 6 feet apart. Why? if a coach or player tests positive they still quarantine the rest of the team, no matter if they are 6 feet apart or wearing a mask. None of it makes sense, just the eye test!
Yes there are so many contradictories practices that it's silly. Not to mention the seasonal flu causes a higher percentage of deaths so why no quarantine when a player gets tested for the flu?

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Pol pot wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:10 am
radiodavel wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 pm OHSAA Memo Warns Winter Sports Season Could Be At Risk
Your site is a real hatchet job site. If you have not noticed games are being cancelled all over the state, the governors office is not happy and has threatened to shut things down. That OHSAA memo is simply a reminder of this, take your grudge and move on.
I take it you work at the OHSAA. :mrgreen:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Spoken just like some of your cronies at the OHSAA

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:56 am
baseball16 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:38 am Covid itself is not the culprit of suspending games. Its the quarantining of teams. For example, I heard a story about a JV player that broke his arm and needed surgery. Protocol has him getting a covid test before surgery. So he went to get tested and the school quarantines the rest of the team until he gets the results. What? Is this real? smh
SMH again!.

Yes there are so many contradictories practices that it's silly. Not to mention the seasonal flu causes a higher percentage of deaths so why no quarantine when a player gets tested for the flu?
My wife and I took every precaution, wearing masks, social distancing, not being around anyone we knew was sick, etc, etc. and still got Covid. Maybe it was floating by in the air that one night I was outside at 10:01p.m. - I don’t know. All these practices, guidelines, regulations are a bunch of hogwash. I agree, non of it makes sense...

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

smurray wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:10 am
Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:56 am
SMH again!.

My wife and I took every precaution, wearing masks, social distancing, not being around anyone we knew was sick, etc, etc. and still got Covid. Maybe it was floating by in the air that one night I was outside at 10:01p.m. - I don’t know. All these practices, guidelines, regulations are a bunch of hogwash. I agree, non of it makes sense...
Nope, it doesn't make any sense but it does help the Governor feel better about himself apparently. And goofy Biden just does what the dems tell him to do. :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:13 am
So what would you rather the OHSAA say? If the governors office shuts it down there is nothing the OHSAA can do. As I stated, the OHSAA is not shutting it down and will not. Your individual school may, but that has nothing to do with the OHSAA.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Pol pot wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:50 am

So what would you rather the OHSAA say? If the governors office shuts it down there is nothing the OHSAA can do. As I stated, the OHSAA is not shutting it down and will not. Your individual school may, but that has nothing to do with the OHSAA.
So you are speaking for the OHSAA. I thought so.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I said this on another topic, but someone answer this question please. What is the End point to this pandemic and protocols for quarantines? This virus is not going away! This Virus will still be around next year, the year after, etc.... So every time a player tests positive will there be a mandatory quarantine? Yes, Vaccines are coming, but like the Flu it will still get people Sick.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:39 pm I said this on another topic, but someone answer this question please. What is the End point to this pandemic and protocols for quarantines? This virus is not going away! This Virus will still be around next year, the year after, etc.... So every time a player tests positive will there be a mandatory quarantine? Yes, Vaccines are coming, but like the Flu it will still get people Sick.
Like 👍

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

There is NO end game. I have said that since March.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

So quarantines will be here next year? The Next year? if not, then basically the govt and health department are saying, Our bad this virus is not as bad on teenagers as we thought! Sorry. LOL Will benches always be 6 ft apart? Will fans always have to wear masks?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

baseball16, you were saying how bad it was during the spring when they cancelled spring sports for no reason. Closed school grounds like the world was going to end. The whole thing is a huge overreaction. People die from all kinds of diseases. It RARELY affects people under 25. All they had to do was look at Italy in early 2020 and see that the younger people were not affected by covid. NOTHING should be shut down, MASKS should not be required anywhere. I watched kids play baseball all summer. Sit in the dugouts next to each other, swim in hotel pools and have cookouts together. I don't remember anybody getting covid. They just want to CONTROL high school sports. JOKE!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bozo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:13 pm baseball16, you were saying how bad it was during the spring when they cancelled spring sports for no reason. Closed school grounds like the world was going to end. The whole thing is a huge overreaction. People die from all kinds of diseases. It RARELY affects people under 25. All they had to do was look at Italy in early 2020 and see that the younger people were not affected by covid. NOTHING should be shut down, MASKS should not be required anywhere. I watched kids play baseball all summer. Sit in the dugouts next to each other, swim in hotel pools and have cookouts together. I don't remember anybody getting covid. They just want to CONTROL high school sports. JOKE!
Or just look at right here in our own state in late November/December when covid was here and nobody knew it and life went on as usual.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Exactly!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:30 pm
Pol pot wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:50 am

So you are speaking for the OHSAA. I thought so.
I am speaking for myself, but I'll gladly put money on that if things shut down it will not be the OHSAA shutting it down. Just as in all the games being cancelled, that is not the OHSAA. I get it's an easy target, but the policies and such are from basically everywhere but the OHSAA.

Return to “Boys Basketball”