Chillicothe Basketball

Ohio1234
JV Team

Chillicothe Basketball

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Winter sports put on hold until Jan 5th. Decision was made by the Chillicothe school district today !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chillicothe Basketball

Post by pfloyd »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm Chillicothe Winter sports put on hold until Jan 5th. Decision was made by the Chillicothe school district today !
... will the winter sports teams get to continue practicing/conditioning? or are they shutting down the facilities? the reason I ask - Logan has gone remote totally - no practicing, no games , the facilities are closed for 2 weeks through Dec 4th ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm Chillicothe Winter sports put on hold until Jan 5th. Decision was made by the Chillicothe school district today !
... will the winter sports teams get to continue practicing/conditioning? or are they shutting down the facilities? the reason I ask - Logan has gone remote totally - no practicing, no games , the facilities are closed for 2 weeks through Dec 4th ...
I believe they will still be practicing

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 pm
The kids are still allowed to practice and use the facilities. The superintendent came out last week and said the Covid levels were low in the school and there was no need to go to remote learning. This week it was Covid levels are too high and we need to postpone sports, but school and practice are good to continue. The reason given for the postponement of the games was “Unlike other local school districts, our teams often travel outside Ross County to compete. This puts our athletes and coaching staff at greater risk of exposure and risks further spread of the virus across our communities at a critical time for local health providers.”

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Another STUPID move during this 9 month fiasco.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Bozo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:33 pm Another STUPID move during this 9 month fiasco.
Could be stupid , could end up protecting the coaches and kids only time will tell .
jakebiz22 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:39 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 pm ... will the winter sports teams get to continue practicing/conditioning? or are they shutting down the facilities? the reason I ask - Logan has gone remote totally - no practicing, no games , the facilities are closed for 2 weeks through Dec 4th ...
The kids are still allowed to practice and use the facilities. The superintendent came out last week and said the Covid levels were low in the school and there was no need to go to remote learning. This week it was Covid levels are too high and we need to postpone sports, but school and practice are good to continue. The reason given for the postponement of the games was “Unlike other local school districts, our teams often travel outside Ross County to compete. This puts our athletes and coaching staff at greater risk of exposure and risks further spread of the virus across our communities at a critical time for local health providers.”

At least they can still practice and continue to meet. That gives the kids some sort of normalcy . I coach also and I understand wanting the kids to compete but I also get trying to stay safe. I was happy in July when we were given the ok to bring our sports in and lift. Our kids were too, I had the most kids show up ever for summer weight training .

I get the frustration with things I also understand being safe .

Return to “Boys Basketball”