Hillsboro is a scrappy Team
Shermans won 51 - 40 2 weeks ago
should be a good game

Let's get mlittle's thought's on this

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 4 Unioto vs 13 Hillsboro 2/18

Post by mlittle »

This is a scary sectional semi game for me. Hillsboro is not a team anyone can overlook. They have 3 kids that can light it up from 3 and decent length at a few positions. They also play really good defense. However we are coming in riding an 8 game win streak and playing well. Also, Isaac seems to be getting back to normal speed which makes us pretty dangerous as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Remember Hillsboro last year at about 6-16 and did everything but beat #1 seed Zane Trace last year.

They are an odd team to understand. Not very big, not greatly quick, not big jumpers...no one stands out but they compete most every game. They played Jackson great. 3 different kids can shoot it but none are greatly consistent game in game out on being great shooters. Defense is solid. Young coaching staff.

Unioto is the better team. They have the best player...maybe the best 3-4 players. Unioto should win by 12-15 but I know they aren’t taking Hillsboro lightly at all. Hillsboro will show up and compete.

I feel Unioto will win this game by more than expected, but are upsettable if they don’t play well. Truly a survive and advance season.

Good luck to both teams

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:13 pm Remember Hillsboro last year at about 6-16 and did everything but beat #1 seed Zane Trace last year.

They are an odd team to understand. Not very big, not greatly quick, not big jumpers...no one stands out but they compete most every game. They played Jackson great. 3 different kids can shoot it but none are greatly consistent game in game out on being great shooters. Defense is solid. Young coaching staff.

Unioto is the better team. They have the best player...maybe the best 3-4 players. Unioto should win by 12-15 but I know they aren’t taking Hillsboro lightly at all. Hillsboro will show up and compete.

I feel Unioto will win this game by more than expected, but are upsettable if they don’t play well. Truly a survive and advance season.

Good luck to both teams
My thoughts exactly. I completely forgot about the ZT game last year. And Boro returns 4 starters next year as well.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Friday The 13th type scary Game for The Fighting mlittle’s.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:59 pm Friday The 13th type scary Game for The Fighting mlittle’s.
Ooooh i like that. Has a nice ring to it

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is Deavin Cumberland back for Hillsboro? His cousins are decent players on UC Bearcats. Was in street clothes at Jackson game. Wondering if he’ll be there for tournament play?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm Is Deavin Cumberland back for Hillsboro? His cousins are decent players on UC Bearcats. Was in street clothes at Jackson game. Wondering if he’ll be there for tournament play?
I think he played against us

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the toughest #1 round game out there ... The ‘boro has played well of late ! but defense travels , especially in the post season ... the 3ball USUALLY is tough to rely on ... we’ll see !!!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

SE may be full of upsets. Meat Grinder

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I realize that matchups can influence and dictate the results in a lot of games throughout the season. I even know that Hillsboro played Jackson pretty tough 2 times this year, as well as when the Shermans played them earlier. It very well may be a very tough game again this go around, especially when it's win or go home now. I don't know whether or not that Hillsboro can play great one night, and then stink up the place the next night. I've said all year that I thought Eastern Brown was one of the best Div 3 teams that I have seen in SEO. I then see where EB beat Hillsboro 88-27 earlier in the season, it's just hard for me to see where a team loses by 61 pts to a team, and then becomes that much of an threat after that. Momentum is a great thing sometimes, and then when you consider that we are dealing with 16-17 year old kids most of the time, I guess that's what makes this great game of basketball as special as it is.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 am I realize that matchups can influence and dictate the results in a lot of games throughout the season. I even know that Hillsboro played Jackson pretty tough 2 times this year, as well as when the Shermans played them earlier. It very well may be a very tough game again this go around, especially when it's win or go home now. I don't know whether or not that Hillsboro can play great one night, and then stink up the place the next night. I've said all year that I thought Eastern Brown was one of the best Div 3 teams that I have seen in SEO. I then see where EB beat Hillsboro 88-27 earlier in the season, it's just hard for me to see where a team loses by 61 pts to a team, and then becomes that much of an threat after that. Momentum is a great thing sometimes, and then when you consider that we are dealing with 16-17 year old kids most of the time, I guess that's what makes this great game of basketball as special as it is.
That was game 1 for a new coach and staff and several players first time playing varsity. It is definitely the most outrageous score of the year but you can’t ignore them losing to Jackson by just 7 and then went to Jackson, trailed 15-0....and then won the last 3 quarters combined. Not many have stayed with Jackson this season....and that 2nd game was when Jackson had been dismantling teams and had all their players healthy. Hillsboro just played 20-1 Blanchester and lost 65-62 and held their 1800 scorer to 13 points. They’ve done more than enough to show you can’t sleep on them at all and the EB game was an anomaly.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:26 am
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 am I realize that matchups can influence and dictate the results in a lot of games throughout the season. I even know that Hillsboro played Jackson pretty tough 2 times this year, as well as when the Shermans played them earlier. It very well may be a very tough game again this go around, especially when it's win or go home now. I don't know whether or not that Hillsboro can play great one night, and then stink up the place the next night. I've said all year that I thought Eastern Brown was one of the best Div 3 teams that I have seen in SEO. I then see where EB beat Hillsboro 88-27 earlier in the season, it's just hard for me to see where a team loses by 61 pts to a team, and then becomes that much of an threat after that. Momentum is a great thing sometimes, and then when you consider that we are dealing with 16-17 year old kids most of the time, I guess that's what makes this great game of basketball as special as it is.
That was game 1 for a new coach and staff and several players first time playing varsity. It is definitely the most outrageous score of the year but you can’t ignore them losing to Jackson by just 7 and then went to Jackson, trailed 15-0....and then won the last 3 quarters combined. Not many have stayed with Jackson this season....and that 2nd game was when Jackson had been dismantling teams and had all their players healthy. Hillsboro just played 20-1 Blanchester and lost 65-62 and held their 1800 scorer to 13 points. They’ve done more than enough to show you can’t sleep on them at all and the EB game was an anomaly.
Yes, yes, and yes!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:37 am
Yes, yes, and yes!
I know you liked reading that. Good thing you are a confident person.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:44 am

Yes, yes, and yes!
I’m as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs for this one

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:46 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:44 am

Yes, yes, and yes!
I’m as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs for this one
I still say Unioto will win by more than expected in this iffy matchup

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks for the clarification, that does certainly shed a different light on the 61 pt loss. I know about everyone that has talked about Hillsboro, seems to be in agreement that they are a team that nobody should take lightly.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

I have advised a few of the boys that a few on this site agree that they are 15 point underdog. I have seen the good bad and ugly from Hillsboro this year and I don’t believe the good has shown up for 4 quarters and if it does they can run with anyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

borodad wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 pm I have advised a few of the boys that a few on this site agree that they are 15 point underdog. I have seen the good bad and ugly from Hillsboro this year and I don’t believe the good has shown up for 4 quarters and if it does they can run with anyone.
Use my 12-15 point as motivation for the kids but know for yourself that I have given Hillsboro as much credit as anyone on here and know that they will not be taken lightly at all by the 19-3 team they are facing.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It was not my intension to stir anything up, I was just kind of having a hard time with the 61 pt loss. I do still believe that Eastern Brown is one of the best Div-3 teams in SEO though. I also know that mlittle will be as nervous as nervous can be, and do not want to make him a total wreck. Lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”