Jackson @ River Valley

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ River Valley

Post by Ironman92 »

Time to build steam for the tournament. Jackson should win and win big. I can’t speak intelligently about River Valley. They’ve played a few teams closer than I expected and i’ll assume they’ll play hard and battle.

Jackson needs a dominant showing and to win every quarter.

Triple header starts at 5:00

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ River Valley

Post by Ironman92 »

Every game has its share of runs by each team. Jackson when not at home has really struggled being on the wrong end of these runs. McClain is the only game of the 9, non home games without a hard to believe start or run. Got in some foul trouble and McClain came out and showed they were going to be dealt with this season.

Neutral Site vs Bloom Carroll. Jackson led 30-15 but then trailed 34-33! A 19-3 run to end 2nd and start the 3rd

@Minford...came out and trailed 10-0, didn’t maintain a lead until the 3rd quarter

@Miami Trace...they were winless and we trailed by 6 at the half

@Meigs, came out huge. Meigs announcers were raving about the Ironmen. Jackson had a 23 point lead 3 min into the 3rd and a 20 point lead near start of 4th. Jackson gave up 24 points in the first 5:50 of the 4th

@Chillicothe, they were in the 40’s while we were in the 20’s

@Burg, they were in the 40’s while we were in the 20’s

Neutral vs Fairland ....from the start of the 2nd until midway thru 3rd Jackson scored 4 points and gave up 20

@Hillsboro....were up 6 2 min before half, got outscored by 15 the rest of the game

Winning each quarter at River Valley will be a nice step forward. Hope to see it!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It will be a "Huge" win over River Valley, and I mean by a large margin. I have seen RV play, the kids play hard but the talent just isn't there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson wins

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Hey I have to go with Jackson. They can not lose this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:21 pm Hey I have to go with Jackson. They can not lose this game.
If they do you owe me pizza crossing

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Jackson by 30

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This is one of those games that makes you wonder ...

Is one of the ADs from the other town or school? How did these 2 find each other?

Jackson has this one. Stay healthy and we will see you Friday.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:06 pm Every game has its share of runs by each team. Jackson when not at home has really struggled being on the wrong end of these runs. McClain is the only game of the 9, non home games without a hard to believe start or run. Got in some foul trouble and McClain came out and showed they were going to be dealt with this season.

Neutral Site vs Bloom Carroll. Jackson led 30-15 but then trailed 34-33! A 19-3 run to end 2nd and start the 3rd

@Minford...came out and trailed 10-0, didn’t maintain a lead until the 3rd quarter

@Miami Trace...they were winless and we trailed by 6 at the half

@Meigs, came out huge. Meigs announcers were raving about the Ironmen. Jackson had a 23 point lead 3 min into the 3rd and a 20 point lead near start of 4th. Jackson gave up 24 points in the first 5:50 of the 4th

@Chillicothe, they were in the 40’s while we were in the 20’s

@Burg, they were in the 40’s while we were in the 20’s

Neutral vs Fairland ....from the start of the 2nd until midway thru 3rd Jackson scored 4 points and gave up 20

@Hillsboro....were up 6 2 min before half, got outscored by 15 the rest of the game

Winning each quarter at River Valley will be a nice step forward. Hope to see it!
Thanks for posting this as my memory well....there is a pattern here that can be fixed. I’d make them run till I got tired. Gotta finish gonna either get it corrected or it’s gonna get worse. I would like to think we can get together and do something great.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:12 pm This is one of those games that makes you wonder ...

Is one of the ADs from the other town or school? How did these 2 find each other?

Jackson AD from McClain
Have no clue why we are playing the raiders.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:46 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:12 pm This is one of those games that makes you wonder ...

Jackson AD from McClain
VC would love to start back up the home and home against Jackson next year if you guys don’t want to play River Valley. Close game, great gate, normally pretty competitive games.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

I agree VC any year is a better match up and gate potential. It would be a great game for both schools and conferences.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:25 pm
toldya wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:21 pm Hey I have to go with Jackson. They can not lose this game.
I will take you up on that. If Jackson loses this game we can discuss how the refs stole the game from the Ironboys over pizza!

And darn good pizza at that. I will invite Pgloyd to join us.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:57 am
I will take you up on that. If Jackson loses this game we can discuss how the refs stole the game from the Ironboys over pizza!

You just can’t quite do it can you?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson AD from McClain
Jackson AD is from Jackson. A 1985 grad that was a standout baseball and basketball player. A terrible knee injury cost him the 2nd half of his junior season and cost him 1,000 career points. His senior season he scored 22 ppg and led Jackson to the districts. Went on to Wilmington and played basketball for the Quakers and amassed over 1,000 points there. After college settled near Hillsboro and was teacher and basketball coach there for a while. Moved on to McClain where he was AD for many years. Hmmm, wonder how this FAC came about?

He then came HOME to Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well they were in our league for some years. We have shared basketball coaches over the years and most importantly let’s remember where Jackson baskeball was just 3 years ago, and it was worse before that. Times have changed and I’d rather face a Gallia Academy or Logan or Warren but up to pretty recently....we needed River Valley on our schedule. Hopefully this is the last year.

Washington playing Whiteoak is similar except River Valley is closer and bigger. Pretty even on basketball the past 5 years as well.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 am

My point is Jackson can not lose this game. Snarky comments are not limited to you alone. I saw your popcorn comment on Lady Vikes. Just relax and enjoy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:50 am

Jackson AD from McClain
VC would love to start back up the home and home against Jackson next year if you guys don’t want to play River Valley. Close game, great gate, normally pretty competitive games.
For all the right reasons we should play you twice but (just my opinion as a fan) I’d rather face and see other teams. We already play all league teams twice. I prefer to play no one else twice.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toldya wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:10 am

My point is Jackson can not lose this game. Snarky comments are not limited to you alone. I saw your popcorn comment on Lady Vikes. Just relax and enjoy.
Yeah, me posting :grabbing popcorn: to watch the argument between barlowbandit and the person who admittedly just signed on to go at him is the same as you jabbing that Jackson loses they always cry ref. Yeah, that’s the same.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Here is the deal with me and officials. I have made thousands of post. I have never blamed the refs for the lack of success of my team. It should never come down to that moment. Make every field goal, get every rebound, make all foul shots, have no turnovers and maybe then we can blame the officials. So I often hop in when fans blame officials for the outcome.

Yeah it does seem to irritate some fans.

Return to “Boys Basketball”