Re: Top 5 All-Time from your school

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Good 5 picks. Chaffin by far best shooter! I’d add
D.J Valentine to close on the list!

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

NCGreenwave34 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 pm Good 5 picks. Chaffin by far best shooter! I’d add
Agree about D.J.! The reason I didn’t include him is because I was looking at Adena career only. He really too off in college at Marietta

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Huntington Ross all time top 5... in no particular order... IMO
Josh Kellough
Chad Lytle
Dennis Irvin
Jeremiah Oates
Scott Keller

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Rosscoresident wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:26 pm
NCGreenwave34 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 pm Good 5 picks. Chaffin by far best shooter! I’d add
Agree about D.J.! The reason I didn’t include him is because I was looking at Adena career only. He really too off in college at Marietta
Yes he did. He was solid his Sr year at Marietta
As I played with him back in ‘91-92’

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Yes he did. He was solid his Sr year at Marietta as I played
with him back in ‘91-92’

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

beaverlover wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:48 am
wipala wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:13 pm Would anyone have Portsmouth East and Portsmouth Notre Dame (central catholic)
Both schools have had very good players.East had Boggs in mid 90s,Akia Brown and more,a few East posters on here, should be able to get more info.

A couple from ND..Shawn Visor'96,Adam Dugan' 99.Trevon Turner'17,Mader, Lewis. ND has had very good teams this decade.2010-2018.
For East I would definitely have to add Kevin Monroe. He was smooth as silk and probably one of the nicest players I ever went against.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

bump

Old Dog 98
Waterboy

Post by Old Dog 98 »

Wellston
Eddie Jacobs
Scott Bragg
Scott Cheatham
Rob Hardee
Brett Fink

Was hard to leave off Scott Lackey and Mike Potts

NCGreenwave34
Waterboy

Post by NCGreenwave34 »

Potts played at Capital, not sure where Lackey wen
to college. Definitely have to have Potts in top 5.

Green_05
Riding the Bench

Post by Green_05 »

ANY INFO ON GREEN

Bigman2019
Waterboy

Post by Bigman2019 »

Green High School
Rick Scarberry
Gary Hackworth
Brian Roach
Rick Williams

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

WarriorBlue wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 pm
hoopsfan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am
HamPorter wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 am Only 2 from Warren have over 1,000? That's crazy
Like Warrior Blue said, very rare for any freshman at Warren to play varsity at all because of talent level at school and the competition that Warren faces in Division II every year. Of note is that there are a few players for sure that were very near 1000 points, but fell just short. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe three other Warrior players were over the 950 career mark: Austin Cunningham, Kyler Dennis, and Curt Morris

There may be others that were close, but those are three that I know of. Josh Huffman from this year's team is probably at around 900 career points.

I was not aware that only 2 previous Warriors were members of the 1000 point club. I guess that is an exclusive list for sure.
Another name to add from WarriorNation would be Phil Mayle. In 1980 he was around 600 points for the season. I’m guessing he was a player that got very close to that 1000 Point Club.
Couple names that were close as well. I think Denny Ward was leading scorer until French topped him. He was in the mid 70's and Curt Plummer should have been around the 900 point mark as well from 1990.

Firebird88
Waterboy

Post by Firebird88 »

KaneBrown wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 am Nathan Cozart
Jett Facemyer
Matt Simpson
Garrett Barringer
Joe Brown
(Eastern-Reedsville)

Other noteable players:
Nate Durst (Retired)
Cody Dill
Jacob Parker
I don’t mean to bring this up but if we are talking about best ever even before the consolidation I think Dick Gaul (Chester ‘54, 67 points against Rutland averaged 32 points per game) has to be in the
discussion somewhere

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

South Gallia
Curt Waugh-1000 point scorer, Senior 06
Brayden Greer-10000 point scorer, Senior 15
Jason Merrick-1000 point scorer, Senior 03
Josh Waugh- 1000 point scorer Senior 03
Dustin McCombs- most athletic player SG has ever had, Senior 07

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Bobevans
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobevans »

Getting Older wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 am Ironton:
Ralph Snead-All around athlete-25ppg.sr yrOhio Univ. Played in N/S game with John Havlechek
Dennis Gagai-Great all aspects of the game .grest shooter/passer--WVU- Northern KY
Charlie Kitchen- Probably best pure long range shooter- 25ppg/12rebds per game sr yr..17 ppg jr yr..18 ppg as soph..Faulkner State/South Alabama

Zac Carter.Super quick, Leading scorer-- Walsh
Doug Birchfield.6'8 Nice player..Rio Grande I believe...Would also have to mention Damien Pringle..all state tournament team..tough cookie.Also Mick Kitts from years back.

It's hard to say how many more points Snead and Kitchen would have had if there was a 3 pt line when they played. Plus sll the extra regular season games.They were hitting 3's without getting extra points.

Seneca
Riding the Bench

Post by Seneca »

Waverly

1st Team
John Shoemaker
Phil Miller
Denny Thompson
Jake Kretzer
Bob Thompson

2nd Team
Onno Steger
Adam Shea
Mike Oyer
Jason Ramsey
Harrison Martin

LA-WNC
Waterboy

Post by LA-WNC »

Latham Western

Wroy Jordan
Roger “Gabby” Smith
Bruce Walls
Steve Martin
Jeremy McLeod

on_the_reg_82
Waterboy

Post by on_the_reg_82 »

Lucasville Valley

It would be easy to just take the 86-87 starting five and you wouldn't lose many to any other 5.

pg-Scott Morrow sg Allen Alley front line of Keith Hickman, Craig Gilliland, and Chris Clark.

2nd 5--the Merritt brothers, Ron Mckenzie, Brian Bear, Blake Yates.

Baller4life32
Waterboy

Post by Baller4life32 »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm Went to both SW and The burg and seen a lot of great talents from both schools. I’m not going by stats because that doesn’t tell the story for some of these talents.

South Webster
1. Aldridge - big physical kid who could do it all, run pass shoot and rebound to sum it all up he’s about as good of a power forward this area has ever seen. State Champ, D1 player, Played professionally
2. Roberts 6’8 jump shooter played d1, drafted in the nba draft but chose the wrong sport
3.Justin Lower quick, lights out shooting and relentless Scoring machine, had little to no talent to work with played naia and should’ve stayed with the game longer
4.)Josh Campbell - crazy good defender, strong, fast, lights out shooting and probably one of the better players in the area after school, state champ, played naia
5. Austin Loop let’s start with smart,long, lights out shooter, district champ ,strong ,played 4 seasons at Marshall and had the most success of any on my list

Burg
1.) Andrew Burleson Big, Strong ran like a deer and was a athlete first, let’s just say a athletic freak,multiple district titles, played d1 could of definitely went over seas
2.) Drew Spradlin super basketball smart long, strong and a lights out shooter, 4 year starter, multiple final fours played d1 ,
3.) Cam Miller super long and lanky ball skills, lights out shooter played d1 an naia played over seas multiple final fours
4.) John Eaton was only told of how good he was not sure on his statistics or achievements
5.) Seth Cowgill super athletic, fast , probably the most talent as far as basketball as any on burgs top5 played with 2 on the list so his stats was probably not as good as some of these guys, lights out shooter, crazy wing on ball defender, multiple final fours,

Just my opinion but I don't see how Brett Roberts can not be #1 at SW, he was drafted in both the NBA & MLB!!! He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft by Sacramento Kings and also was drafted in the MLB by Minnesota Twins and decided to play baseball instead of basketball. While he was playing basketball at Morehead St he was the NCAA men's leading scorer his senior year and I don't know but I bet there hasn't been another player from Morehead St or any other school in that conference to lead the NCAA in scoring. I don't see how anyone could not put Brett #1 at SW even if we r only talking about what they done while in high school, cause Brett was also drafted by the Cincinnati Reds out of high school but if course declined and went to college but I'm not positive but I don't believe that the Aldridge boy was as good at 2 different sports in high school like Brett was. I know Aldridge basketball team won the state and he was definitely a great basketball player no question there but in my opinion Brett's high school career and Aldridge high school career in total are not close Brett's is better for sure. Take what Brett accomplished in his entire career and there isn't too many other athletes in scioto county that compares to his including both basketball and baseball cause most athletes and up playing 1 sport after high school and Brett played 2 and was drafted in both sports, I would like to know if there are other athletes from scioto county that played 2 different sports n college and was drafted in both them sports, if anyone knows I would like to know and not trying to compare or argue who was better I am just curious and again this is just my opinion about Brett being #1 at SW not saying others are wrong if they put someone else there instead.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Baller4life32 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:23 am
Jeep/pirate wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm Went to both SW and The burg and seen a lot of great talents from both schools. I’m not going by stats because that doesn’t tell the story for some of these talents.

South Webster
1. Aldridge - big physical kid who could do it all, run pass shoot and rebound to sum it all up he’s about as good of a power forward this area has ever seen. State Champ, D1 player, Played professionally
2. Roberts 6’8 jump shooter played d1, drafted in the nba draft but chose the wrong sport
3.Justin Lower quick, lights out shooting and relentless Scoring machine, had little to no talent to work with played naia and should’ve stayed with the game longer
4.)Josh Campbell - crazy good defender, strong, fast, lights out shooting and probably one of the better players in the area after school, state champ, played naia
5. Austin Loop let’s start with smart,long, lights out shooter, district champ ,strong ,played 4 seasons at Marshall and had the most success of any on my list

Burg
1.) Andrew Burleson Big, Strong ran like a deer and was a athlete first, let’s just say a athletic freak,multiple district titles, played d1 could of definitely went over seas
2.) Drew Spradlin super basketball smart long, strong and a lights out shooter, 4 year starter, multiple final fours played d1 ,
3.) Cam Miller super long and lanky ball skills, lights out shooter played d1 an naia played over seas multiple final fours
4.) John Eaton was only told of how good he was not sure on his statistics or achievements
5.) Seth Cowgill super athletic, fast , probably the most talent as far as basketball as any on burgs top5 played with 2 on the list so his stats was probably not as good as some of these guys, lights out shooter, crazy wing on ball defender, multiple final fours,

Just my opinion but I don't see how Brett Roberts can not be #1 at SW, he was drafted in both the NBA & MLB!!! He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft by Sacramento Kings and also was drafted in the MLB by Minnesota Twins and decided to play baseball instead of basketball. While he was playing basketball at Morehead St he was the NCAA men's leading scorer his senior year and I don't know but I bet there hasn't been another player from Morehead St or any other school in that conference to lead the NCAA in scoring. I don't see how anyone could not put Brett #1 at SW even if we r only talking about what they done while in high school, cause Brett was also drafted by the Cincinnati Reds out of high school but if course declined and went to college but I'm not positive but I don't believe that the Aldridge boy was as good at 2 different sports in high school like Brett was. I know Aldridge basketball team won the state and he was definitely a great basketball player no question there but in my opinion Brett's high school career and Aldridge high school career in total are not close Brett's is better for sure. Take what Brett accomplished in his entire career and there isn't too many other athletes in scioto county that compares to his including both basketball and baseball cause most athletes and up playing 1 sport after high school and Brett played 2 and was drafted in both sports, I would like to know if there are other athletes from scioto county that played 2 different sports n college and was drafted in both them sports, if anyone knows I would like to know and not trying to compare or argue who was better I am just curious and again this is just my opinion about Brett being #1 at SW not saying others are wrong if they put someone else there instead.
I would say Brett.

Return to “Boys Basketball”