Top 5 All-Time from your school

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Top 5 All-Time from your school

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Yeah who ever wrote that SW list isn’t a true SW
Delegate. Campbell was great and put the Jeeps on his back the year after the title to get back to regionals, but he’s not top 5 all time.

As far as the number 1 SW slot goes, we all know it’s Brett. Aldridge was a beast but he had a once in a lifetime combo of other great players around him. He could’ve done so much more in college but I think there were some issues off the court like there was in high school.

Those 2 are the undisputed top 2 by a mile though. Maybe when it’s said and done Top Gun jr will be on the list.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BRUTUSISABEAST
Waterboy

Post by BRUTUSISABEAST »

Rebels on 3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 pm South Gallia
Curt Waugh-1000 point scorer, Senior 06
Brayden Greer-10000 point scorer, Senior 15
Jason Merrick-1000 point scorer, Senior 03
Josh Waugh- 1000 point scorer Senior 03
Dustin McCombs- most athletic player SG has ever had, Senior 07
Jason Merrick-1000 point scorer, 2004 class
Josh Waugh- 1000 point scorer 2004 class

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Seneca wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:58 pm Waverly

1st Team
John Shoemaker
Phil Miller
Denny Thompson
Jake Kretzer
Bob Thompson

2nd Team
Onno Steger
Adam Shea
Mike Oyer
Jason Ramsey
Harrison Martin
Since this thread has resurfaced again, anyone in recent history from your schools deserve a spot on this list??

With that being said, I think it's pretty safe to add Trey Robertson to the 1st team all time for Waverly - not sure who you'd bump but I know Trey deserves to be up there as he is now Waverly's all time leading scorer.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Remember that group Phil Miller, Oyer ,think they was a Eblin shoemaker was young that group was good.

FatBoy
Waterboy

Post by FatBoy »

Adrian Hayes-Allen Hayes-Doug Hale-Dan Brisker-Kyle Ondera pretty good starting five for Oak Hill

Seneca
Riding the Bench

Post by Seneca »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:59 am
Seneca wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:58 pm Waverly

1st Team
John Shoemaker
Phil Miller
Denny Thompson
Jake Kretzer
Bob Thompson

2nd Team
Onno Steger
Adam Shea
Mike Oyer
Jason Ramsey
Harrison Martin
Since this thread has resurfaced again, anyone in recent history from your schools deserve a spot on this list??

With that being said, I think it's pretty safe to add Trey Robertson to the 1st team all time for Waverly - not sure who you'd bump but I know Trey deserves to be up there as he is now Waverly's all time leading scorer.
No mandatory waiting period for Trey! Lol. With all due respect to Denny Thompson, I would bump him instead of John Shoemaker.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Brett definitely is the best at SW. Aldridge had A LOT better surrounding cast as evidenced by the team successes.
FYI: Joe Jakubick from Akron(then an OVC member)led the NCAA in scoring in the 83-84 season coached by Bob Huggins.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Getting Older wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 am Ironton:
Ralph Snead-All around athlete-25ppg.sr yrOhio Univ. Played in N/S game with John Havlechek
Dennis Gagai-Great all aspects of the game .grest shooter/passer--WVU- Northern KY
71. Charlie Kitchen- Probably best pure long range shooter- 25ppg/14rebds per game sr yr...1125 career pts no 3pt line , 789 career rebds Samford
Carter-Cant remember first name- Super quick, Leading scorer-- Walsh
Doug Birchfield.6'8 Nice player..Rio Grande I believe...Would also have to mention Damien Pringle..all state tournament team..tough cookie.Also Mick Kitts from years back.

It's hard to say how many more points Snead and Kitchen would have had if there was a 3 pt line when they played.

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

Getting Older wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 am Ironton:
Ralph Snead-All around athlete-25ppg.sr yrOhio Univ. Played in N/S game with John Havlechek
Dennis Gagai-Great all aspects of the game .grest shooter/passer--WVU- Northern KY
71-Charlie Kitchen- 1125 pts..no 3 pt line. Probably best pure long range shooter- 25ppg/12rebds per game sr. Yr. 776 Career rebds. Samford Univ.
Carter-Cant remember first name- Super quick, Leading scorer-- Walsh
Doug Birchfield.6'8 Nice player..Rio Grande I believe...Would also have to mention Damien Pringle..all state tournament team..tough cookie.Also Mick Kitts from years back.

It's hard to say how many more points Snead and Kitchen would have had if there was a 3 pt line when they played. They were hitting 3's without getting extra points.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Waterford

1. Brady Harris
2. Dalton Shriver
3. Luke Kern
4. DJ Cunningham
5. Jordan Welch

beg003
All Conference