Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by KING OF Shyville »

Teams seem to be pretty even this with maybe Western being down a little this year since coach Miller is gone! Who does everyone think is the favorite??

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly holiday classic (Who you picking?)

Post by EagleNut14 »

This should be a very good Holiday Classic! In night one I'll take my Eagles over Piketon by 10. Waverly over Western by 15. In the championship game I'll take the Eagles in a very close and physical game.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

What days?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

dontreply wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 pmWhat days?
29th and 30th

I think it comes down to Piketon vs Waverly in the Finals. The over/under for that game would have to be near 150.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Thank you sir

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Winner of Piketon and Eastern will win it. game 1 should be a dandy between the Eagles and the Streaks

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly is 15 points better than Piketon or Easfern. Piketon can't handle Waverly pressure. Eastern has no bench and will run out of gas. Piketon Eastern on the first night should be a war!

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

Don't count on Waverly beating Eastern by 15. If Eastern guards can handle the pace, pressure and athleticism they saw from Africentric 2 weeks ago they'll keep it close with Waverly should they both advance.

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Waverly is like a Ford model A and Piketon is a 2017 Ferrair. Bad choice if they press Piketon if either make it to the finals.
Last edited by KING OF Shyville on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EagleNut14 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm This should be a very good Holiday Classic! In night one I'll take my Eagles over Piketon by 10. Waverly over Western by 15. In the championship game I'll take the Eagles in a very close and physical game.
Waverly beats western by a hundred

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

King of Shyville you are too funny. Remington Marquez, and Wolfe will have a hay day with Piketon guards!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:29 pm King of Shyville you are too funny. Remington Marquez, and Wolfe will have a hay day with Piketon guards!

Piketon and Waverly may not even play but Waverly's guards aren't any better than Piketon's

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Ukfanatic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:29 pm King of Shyville you are too funny. Remington Marquez, and Wolfe will have a hay day with Piketon guards!
ukfanatic no way they have a hay day!! It'll be more like " mayday mayday!!!" for Waverly.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

And the debate begins, I think this is why we all love the county classic! Good luck to all the teams, Ive been fortunate enough to catch all the teams play at least once and Waverly a couple times. Waverly is definitely the most athletic team top to bottom(guards are very quick), I don't see how you can argue Piketon being able to run with Waverly. Eastern and Piketon should be a great game, but Western not having a bench and being a pretty unathletic team could be very bad against Waverly.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Only way Eastern stays with Piketon is through their large coaching advantage.

Waverly beats Piketon in the Championship, which I think will be a layup fest as both teams will be able to beat the opponents pressure up and down the floor. Waverly just a bit deeper.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

HamPorter wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm Only way Eastern stays with Piketon is through their large coaching advantage.

Waverly beats Piketon in the Championship, which I think will be a layup fest as both teams will be able to beat the opponents pressure up and down the floor. Waverly just a bit deeper.
Not sure how deep Waverly is but Piketon is 8-9 guys deep

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:49 pm
HamPorter wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 pm Only way Eastern stays with Piketon is through their large coaching advantage.

Not sure how deep Waverly is but Piketon is 8-9 guys deep
I haven’t seen Piketon play yet but I can’t imagine them keeping up with Waverly in a track meet. I don’t think they want to try that.
Waverly was 10 deep first two games before Pennington quit and Pendleton got hurt.
Waverly currently rotates 8 freely with a 9th seeing some action. Pendleton should be back in about three weeks.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Piketon takes it

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

I don't see all the hype people have on Piketon? I seen them play against Unioto and was not at all impressed. Now I know they was playing against a tough Unioto team that plays good defense and is physical but Unioto could have easily won that game by 25. I know the score board showed they only loss by 10 but Unioto took the foot off of the gas and Piketon clawed there way back to make it a respectable game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

EagleNut14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 am I don't see all the hype people have on Piketon? I seen them play against Unioto and was not at all impressed. Now I know they was playing against a tough Unioto team that plays good defense and is physical but Unioto could have easily won that game by 25. I know the score board showed they only loss by 10 but Unioto took the foot off of the gas and Piketon clawed there way back to make it a respectable game.
You'll get to see the hype next Friday up close and personal!

Unioto didn't take their starters out until less than a minute and trust me if they could've won by 25 then they would've.

Return to “Boys Basketball”