Updated Enrollment Numbers

Post by 4thgoal »

This looks much more accurate...

http://ohsaa.org/members/hsenroll13.htm

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Updated Enrollment Numbers

Post by danicalifornia »

Based on last year's cutoffs, here are a few possible moves based on these numbers:

Chillicothe back to D1
Meigs, Minford to D2 South Point could be close
Fairland, Waverly to D3
North Adams, Paint Valley, Peebles to D4

Unless South Point moves to 2 with the rest of these moves, we could see only 1 regional spot for D2 in our district again.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If the recent trend holds, the low number for D2 teams should go down from 214. It went from 223 to 214 in 2011. Let's say it does the same this time, and South Point and Northwest would probably be D2. It'll be interesting to see the final numbers when the board votes next month. It'd be a shame if the district were only to get 1 regional spot with teams like Warren, Athens and some other squads like Miami Trace, Logan Elm, Unioto and a dark horse in Circleville.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

With those numbers could that mix up the SOC 1 and 2? It listed Webster boys with 80 some boys, and symmes valley with 110 and eastern pike with 90 something. That would be interesting!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

danicalifornia wrote:Based on last year's cutoffs, here are a few possible moves based on these numbers:

Chillicothe back to D1
Meigs, Minford to D2 South Point could be close
Fairland, Waverly to D3
North Adams, Paint Valley, Peebles to D4

Unless South Point moves to 2 with the rest of these moves, we could see only 1 regional spot for D2 in our district again.
This move for Peebles would be very benificial. This years team could be one of the top 4 or 5 d4 teams in the district, despite being slightly down after losing 9 seniors, and our team two years from now could be a district contender. I look for Beau Justice to inch close to 30ppg next year as a junior. Who returns the most talent in D4? I know East, Eastern Pike, and South Webster all have pretty significant losses.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

jeepmadness wrote:With those numbers could that mix up the SOC 1 and 2? It listed Webster boys with 80 some boys, and symmes valley with 110 and eastern pike with 90 something. That would be interesting!
No, Webster has always been the small school in with larger SOC2 schools division (since the conference went to 2 divisions ?). Theses numbers determine the "State" divisional breakdown and have nothing to do with how a conference aligns the teams.

For example: in football, Northwest will be playing in the SOC 1. Northwest has 206 boys! Pretty much 100 more than the other SOC 1 schools.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Tribe maniac ur a complete idiot if u believe that..regional contender in 2 years?wat a joke of a comment but wat else should we expect coming from someone from peebles

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

:-D There you are. Beau will be one of, if not the, best player in the district his senior year and we have a lot of young talent, and decent size, coming up to put around him. Maybe I should have said district contender. Very rarely do southeast teams get past the Columbus D4 AAU teams. My point is that they will be a good deal better, sooner rather than later, than most think after the heavy losses we had this year. Don't get your panties in a twist.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

streetballer wrote:Tribe maniac ur a complete idiot if u believe that..regional contender in 2 years?wat a joke of a comment but wat else should we expect coming from someone from peebles
Seriously?

I am pretty sure that the Peebles-Manchester series was pretty close over the past few years when Manchester was making deep tourney runs. Drop Peebles to D4 and they instantly become a favorite to win a southeastern District title for the foreseeable future.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

If Ohio was to back to the old "Three Class System" from the 60's; 70's; and early 80's.
For the SVC

Class A: (D4)
Paint Valley

Class AA: (D3)
Piketon
Adena
Huntington
Southeastern
Zane Trace
Westfall

Class AAA: (D2)
Unioto

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Crab's brother wrote:
streetballer wrote:Tribe maniac ur a complete idiot if u believe that..regional contender in 2 years?wat a joke of a comment but wat else should we expect coming from someone from peebles
Seriously?

I am pretty sure that the Peebles-Manchester series was pretty close over the past few years when Manchester was making deep tourney runs. Drop Peebles to D4 and they instantly become a favorite to win a southeastern District title for the foreseeable future.
I dont think it is a stretch to say that we probably would have won 2 or 3 district titles the past 5 seasons. Peebles has competed well in D3 at the district level in recent years despite routinely facing off with schools much larger. The 2010-2011 team would have had a shot at going to Columbus and our 2011-2012 team beat Manchester, who went to the regional semis, twice.(Pretty badly at home and in a close one the second time around because our best player was out due to foul trouble)

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I think if Peebles drops to D4 they would have to be one of the favorites in SEO. Jimmy the Greek I remember playing against Unioto back in 1982 District Finals and they were Class A. It is amazing how much they have grown to be D2 today.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

In the SOC1 Western returns pretty much the entire team led by Nick Shanks .
Clay returns a few nice players as well. Symmes Valley returns Rowe who's a beast. Eastern returns Thacker and Fultz. I'm thinking Western stands as good a shot at the league as anyone there first 10 players are all back and only juniors.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Anybody know when they will be finalized?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jayhawks wrote:Anybody know when they will be finalized?
August 8th is the meeting. It was supposed to be done in June, so who knows if they'll actually get it done then or not.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If you go to OHSAA website, click school resources, then school directory option, type in a school and then click school information, it appears all divisions have been updated for this upcoming school year.

In Division II
- Chillicothe moves up from Division II to Division I
- Minford and Meigs move up from Division III to Division II
- Waverly and Fairland move from Division II down to Division III

The Logan sectional would maintain all nine of its schools while the SE sectional would go from 10 to 8, with assigning Minford to this sectional. So to balance each sectional at 9, either Meigs has to be assigned to SE or Meigs goes to Logan sectional and someone, maybe Logan Elm or Vinton County, would be assigned to SE.

With going from 19 to 18 D2 schools in the district, have to wonder if the district goes from 2 out to regional or down to 1.
Last edited by bman on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:If you go to OHSAA website, click school directory option, type in a school and then click school information, it appears all divisions have been updated for this upcoming school year.

In Division II
- Chillicothe moves up from Division II to Division I
- Minford and Meigs move up from Division III to Division II
- Waverly and Fairland move from Division II down to Division III

The Logan sectional would maintain all nine of its schools while the SE sectional would go from 10 to 8, with assigning Minford to this sectional. So to balance each sectional at 9, either Meigs has to be assigned to SE or Meigs goes to Logan sectional and someone, maybe Logan Elm or Vinton County, would be assigned to SE.

With going from 19 to 18 D2 schools in the district, have to wonder if the district goes from 2 out to regional or down to 1.
Nothing for South Point (209) ?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

South Point stays at D3 if that number is indeed right on its school information. I figured the cutoff wound move south of 210, thus including them. I guess we'll see officially on Aug. 8.

From the OHSAA site:
Head Boys Coach
Basketball CHRIS BARNES (Div-III)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:South Point stays at D3 if that number is indeed right on its school information. I figured the cutoff wound move south of 210, thus including them. I guess we'll see officially on Aug. 8.

From the OHSAA site:
Head Boys Coach
Basketball CHRIS BARNES (Div-III)

Just checked it too, hopefully it's off of what last year's numbers were. That's what I'm hoping for at least, because we have too many quality D2 teams to lose a regional spot, IMO

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Since Waverly has moved to Division 3 does that mean they get to play their sectional at Waverly???

Return to “Boys Basketball”