Freshman Team

Minford vs HuntingtonPrep

Post by big_fella »

Yes you read that right! Monday dec 2 at 6:30 at Minford high school

Buckeye24
Varsity

Re: Minford vs HuntingtonPrep

Post by Buckeye24 »

I wonder if HP can finally put up that elusive 200..

All jokes aside, this should be fun for the Minford kids. It might also be the biggest blowout in school history.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It could be fun....if you enjoy getting thumped by a group of D1 players. Hopefully nobody gets hurt. It looks like they won their last game 133-56. Their big guy is 6'10", 305 lbs. and has committed to WVU. Minford better check the tightness on their rims and backboards....they will get a workout in this one!
http://www.huntingtonprep.com/team-roster

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I think the best part about this whole story is how it got started. It was a very awesome read on twitter.

This has to be a great thing for the Minford athletic budget.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Crab- it really was a very cool story when I was told about it! But it should be a good experience just trying to run your offense and defending players like they have and it should also help with overall team toughness. If we score 30 or 40 I see it as a success lol

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

now people around here will get to see what a true D1 basketball player plays like :122246

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Ironton played them a few years back and Prep didnt runaway with the game until late.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Heard today that John Calipari may be in attendance in Minford.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Runner00 wrote:Heard today that John Calipari may be in attendance in Minford.
Odds are, he won't be the only scout in the gym.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

4th n Goal wrote:It could be fun....if you enjoy getting thumped by a group of D1 players. Hopefully nobody gets hurt. It looks like they won their last game 133-56. Their big guy is 6'10", 305 lbs. and has committed to WVU. Minford better check the tightness on their rims and backboards....they will get a workout in this one!
http://www.huntingtonprep.com/team-roster
Minford will look like a jr high team out there......against that roster

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

To read on twitter how this game came about is great! I have bought my presale tickets and I'm very excited for the Falcon team to get this experience. Of course the Falcons will get beat, but to have been able to play against these BIG college recruits is a great experience! Bottom line, this is about a fun night of basketball, I'm sure the Falcons know they can't win.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

To read on twitter how this game came about is great! I have bought my presale tickets and I'm very excited for the Falcon team to get this experience. Of course the Falcons will get beat, but to have been able to play against these BIG college recruits is a great experience! Bottom line, this is about a fun night of basketball, I'm sure the Falcons know they can't win.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Falcon Fury wrote:To read on twitter how this game came about is great! I have bought my presale tickets and I'm very excited for the Falcon team to get this experience. Of course the Falcons will get beat, but to have been able to play against these BIG college recruits is a great experience! Bottom line, this is about a fun night of basketball, I'm sure the Falcons know they can't win.
Can anyone share how it came about for those of us who don't "tweet"?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Long story short, a Minford player was tweeting about the Huntington Ross game getting cancelled. He jokingly said something about playing Prep instead. The HP Coach seen it and told them to get in contact. A few days later, the game was set.

Pretty cool

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Crab's brother wrote:Long story short, a Minford player was tweeting about the Huntington Ross game getting cancelled. He jokingly said something about playing Prep instead. The HP Coach seen it and told them to get in contact. A few days later, the game was set.

Pretty cool
When I took Dylan to practice tonight, he told me about it. Definitely pretty cool.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

This is gonna get ugly IMO. I remember when Burg went up to Huntington High and scrimmaged OJ Mayo, Patrick Patterson and a kid named Early, two of the three are in the NBA now and it wasn't pretty. We still have a photo of my son being guarded by Mayo. This will be a great story to tell the grand kids one day. I really hope the Minford players appreciate getting to play this type of talent. Enjoy the game and have fun.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I see Minford pulling the "Minford Miracle" and throwing in a full court 3 pointer at the buzzer and winning by 1. Hoosiers all over again! Then a movie is made about the team 20 years from now! :122246 Hey you never know!

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Yes I know your crazy.

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

minford may not win (which they wouldn't) but they will play like they can got to love the southern ohio pride good luck

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

How can I get a ticket?!?!?!?! I am sure it will be standing room only!!!! Love to have a presale in hand!!! This will be a blast for the kids and fans alike!!!! Just stay injury free fellas!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”