Freshman Team

Peebles vs Eastern Pike

Post by Jayhawks »

Thoughts and Predictions?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs Eastern Pike

Post by TribeManiac10 »

It is possible there is some hangover after playing Ironton the night before but I'm rolling with the Indians in this one. They have been playing well so far this season. Justice will probably be close to 1000pts coming into the game(I believe he is sitting at 955 pre-Ironton) so he might force a few more shots than normal early on. Anyone have a synopsis of Eastern Pike? My only knowledge of them this season is the scores available on maxpreps and the occasional comment on here. How have they coped with the graduation of last year's class?

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Peebles by 34.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern is coming along but they are very young.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Peebles is very young in varsity experience. I got the chance to watch eastern in the Pike County Tourney. It would be a surprise to me if the Indians don't win by 20+, but that is why we tip it up! You never know!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

The Eagles are extremely young in age and varsity experience. They've played a fairly tough schedule through 8 games for such a young team, and you can add this one to the tough list.

I agree with Jayhawks Peebles is an obvious favorite and look great on paper but games are played for a reason. The Eagles are small and lack offense inside, so they go as their jumpshot goes. A good start with a good shooting performance could lead to a very competitive game, otherwise it could be a long night. Boys keep playing hard and good things happen, Go Eagles.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

This game will be a good measuring stick for the young eagles to see where their progress is against one of the top d4 teams in area. Is it a 30pt game, 20pt game, or do they keep it closer. Haven't seen any talk yet on the Green game tonight. Even though this is a big game, this eagles squad can't afford to overlook anybody. Their isn't any games on the schedule where they can just show up and get a W. With that being said, I say Peebles by around 10. Just hoping the boys compete and play hard. Seen someone say Peebles had little to no varsity experience on their team too. Just curious, but what are the grades of the starters on Peebles?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles starters in their last game

Beau Justice-6'- Junior
Eric Schmitz-6'1"- Junior
Zach Arrasmith-5'11"-Junior
Cody Ireton-6'5"-Junior
Tyler Ryan-6'4"- Sophomore

Other guys that get minutes off the bench

Brady Johnson-Senior
Ryan Brown-Senior
Scout Kremin-Sophomore
Tucker Schmitz-Sophomore
Cameron Gordley-Freshman

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

This will be Eastern 9 th road game already this year. Have only played 1 home game. Rough way to start for a young team but they have handled it well
..going to have to play very well to hang with Peebles..hope they do.

Go Eagles !!!

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Beau Justice comes into this game tonight with 985 career points.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles JV up 26-14 at the half.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

JV after 3: Peebles 44 - Eastern 17

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

JV Final: Peebles 55 - Eastern 22.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles 43 - Eastern Pike 24 at the half. Eric Schmitz taking full advantage of the box and one on Beau, he has 18pts.Beau with 10. Currently 5 away from 1000.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles 60 - Eastern 45 after 3. Eastern made a big run in the third and brought it to 10 as we were taking some bad shots trying to get Beau to 1000. Now that Beau has hit it I expect our offense to be a little more fluid in the fourth.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles wins 83-58. Beau led all scorers with 29pts followed by Eric Schmitz with 20. The eagles are the smallest team I've seen all season but they are scrappy and love to get up and down the floor. They were better than the Ironton team we played yesterday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Beau

2nd cousin I believe to my wife

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:Congrats to Beau

Beau is a great player/kid. He had probably his worst game from the field tonight(past 12ft) but still managed to get his points going to the basket. A lot of guys really stepped up early on when his shot wasn't falling. Schmitz and Ireton both played great and freshman Cameron Gordley only solidified my suspicion that he will be a star for this team next season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Congrats to Beau

Beau is a great player/kid. He had probably his worst game from the field tonight(past 12ft) but still managed to get his points going to the basket. A lot of guys really stepped up early on when his shot wasn't falling. Schmitz and Ireton both played great and freshman Cameron Gordley only solidified my suspicion that he will be a star for this team next season.

You get thinking about milestones and they'll mess with your shot....understandable

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I thought Easterns effort was there just didn't knock down shots that would have helped them keep the game close. I've watched a lot of basketball this year and Peebles is one of the top 2 teams I have seen play..right there with D2 Logan Elm. You wont find a better offensive team plus they can pressure you on defensive end as well. Justice is unstoppable and has a good supporting cast. When tourney draw comes the main goal for all D4 teams should be avoid the Indians. As for the Eagles. they have a big week ahead..a good Western team comes to Eastern on Tuesday then big game with Notre Dame on Friday ..finally some home games lol.

GO EAGLES!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”