Wellston vs. Alexander 1/3/14 time change

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Wellston vs. Alexander 1/3/14 time change

Post by goinbroke »

I hear the varsity game has been moved to 6:00. Frosh at 3:00, JV 4:30. Buckeyes take precedent. Screw the frosh and JV's parents that work and can't get time off to watch their kids play.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Wellston vs. Alexander 1/3/14 time change

Post by spartans_fan »

I dislike this decision a great deal. It is not like this is for the national championship or something. Do not make such drastic changes that impact local families for a College game with very little meaning.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

spartans_fan wrote:I dislike this decision a great deal. It is not like this is for the national championship or something. Do not make such drastic changes that impact local families for a College game with very little meaning.
Correct. Without a play-off, its just an exhibition game to end the season! The value in it is the extra practice they get for next season.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Ok the Ohio State game has little meaning but a freshman basketball game has great meaning? If the freshman game is so meaningful take a few hours off work and go watch it. Missing a few hours of work is not going to break anyone.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Spoken like a teenager that has never attempted to support a family.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

spartans_fan wrote:Spoken like a teenager that has never attempted to support a family.

Not a teenager actually a parent that supported a big family. I also know that missing a couple hours of work wasn't going to break my family. I also learned over the years that the world wasn't all about me either. I figure the school is trying to make some money off a ball game and the best way to do that is put fans in the stands. They are going to put more fans in the stands by giving people the opportunity to watch the varsity and the Ohio State game both. Lets face it I had children play freshman ball and there is not a big following for them besides parents and family. Take my word from experience you will have far more important things to complain about than a freshman ball game getting moved. If not you will have a great life.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lots of games this evening. None of them changed the time for 'The Orange Bowl'.

Not a fan of changing a high school game in SOUTHEAST Ohio for a college game. Who is to say everyone is an Ohio State fan anyways?

What if NFL playoffs were tonight, would they change the time for the Bengals too.?

its kind of like opening Pandora's box ... where does it end?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:Lots of games this evening. None of them changed the time for 'The Orange Bowl'.

Not a fan of changing a high school game in SOUTHEAST Ohio for a college game. Who is to say everyone is an Ohio State fan anyways?

What if NFL playoffs were tonight, would they change the time for the Bengals too.?

its kind of like opening Pandora's box ... where does it end?
I was able to attend two games on the night of the Big 10 title game, both should have been big houses for the schools...the game that was bumped up in time was standing room only, the game that competed with the Buckeye game was about 40% capacity. Tonight, I believe would be different, but I've seen that in some cases it is smart to move a game.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Spartans won all three games tonight. Way to go Spartans.

Return to “Boys Basketball”