Episode 35 -- Viking Roundball Podcast

Ty Webb
All State

Episode 35 -- Viking Roundball Podcast

Post by Ty Webb »

In Episode #35, Host Carl Knox and Coach Combs recap two road wins against Meigs and Logan. They’re also joined by our great Viking Seniors, Alex Owings, David Allen, and Ryan Slopko. Finally, we get into a pretty lively conversation about tournament seeding.

Just click on the link and hit play

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/vrbh012714-2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Episode 35 -- Viking Roundball Podcast

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good show.

Liked what coach Combs had to say about the seeding 'process'.

But I want it added to the record books: 93Bulldog never said anything bad about coach Combs on southeasternohiopreps ... sounded like he wasn't happy with some of the posts after the draw.

I only say bad things about Dundas, which we all know is totally fair and warranted ... lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Indeed lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:Indeed lol
If the guy would leave his Cleveland Indians Jersey at home during basketball season/games - those bad comments would be cut in half.

Just a suggestion.

;-)

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Does Coach Combs read post on this chat room ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:
Dundas wrote:Indeed lol
If the guy would leave his Cleveland Indians Jersey at home during basketball season/games - those bad comments would be cut in half.

Just a suggestion.

;-)
I'm die hard man! Roll Tribe!

Johnny Q ...I don't think coach reads much on preps. U believe he was referring to what people were telling him.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Johnny Quest wrote:Does Coach Combs read post on this chat room ?

Unequivocally, No. He does not read preps. He has enough issues that torment his psyche during the season. After all, he is not the mental giants that Ty Webb and I are, so he leaves it to us to decipher. We may inform him of something he may need to know and then he decides how he wants to handle it. Coach Combs does not waste his days or nights reading the ranting and ramblings of the incoherent and idiotic, it is bad enough he has to listen to his assistant coaches. :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hawkeyepierce wrote:
Johnny Quest wrote:Does Coach Combs read post on this chat room ?

Unequivocally, No. He does not read preps. He has enough issues that torment his psyche during the season. After all, he is not the mental giants that Ty Webb and I are, so he leaves it to us to decipher. We may inform him of something he may need to know and then he decides how he wants to handle it. Coach Combs does not waste his days or nights reading the ranting and ramblings of the incoherent and idiotic, it is bad enough he has to listen to his assistant coaches. :lol:
Ill agree with that. :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Coach Combs does not waste his days or nights reading the ranting and ramblings of the incoherent and idiotic. :lol:

Coaches should at least read Pfloyd's in depth analysis on teams before the draw. Ignore 93Bulldog's posts, he's a rumbling idiot, but Floyd has some very good insight since he's one of few individuals who go out and watch different teams numerous times. It's like having a 'tournament scout' watching everyone throughout the season.

... BTW ... Floyd had Warren dubbed the No. 1 seed in the Logan sectional ... :mrgreen:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

All of the coaches who voted for Logan Elm were very smart. :122249 :mrgreen: Not so sure I'd hold pfloyd's ranking of the seeding in indisputable regard since he can be bought by some Pizza Crossing bliss. :122249

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bman wrote:All of the coaches who voted for Logan Elm were very smart. :122249 :mrgreen: Not so sure I'd hold pfloyd's ranking of the seeding in indisputable regard since he can be bought by some Pizza Crossing bliss. :122249
He makes a good point dog. The top 8 may just be "who's got the best goodies" ranking.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:
bman wrote:All of the coaches who voted for Logan Elm were very smart. :122249 :mrgreen: Not so sure I'd hold pfloyd's ranking of the seeding in indisputable regard since he can be bought by some Pizza Crossing bliss. :122249
He makes a good point dog. The top 8 may just be "who's got the best goodies" ranking.
Well, having Pfloyd do the rankings may suit VC then ... I'm sure Ty Webb could 'buy' the Vikes a descent seed every year ... lol ... and he does own a hippo, I mean dog, as a pet - that may earn them some brownie points with Floyd.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Listened to the podcast about the tournament, and Coach Combs gave a terrific rundown on it. Well said!

Return to “Boys Basketball”