Best Teams Around in the last decade?

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Best Teams Around in the last decade?

Post by jordan23 »

Who do you guys say.?

A lot of good teams.

Basketball now a days just isnt the same. So lets reminisce.

Not saying there aren't any great teams this year. Because if i said that i would be lying. Def some good teams out there, just think there were a lot of better teams and leagues in the last decade.

Whs95fan
S

Re: Best Teams Around in the last decade?

Post by Whs95fan »

The best team i've ever personally witnessed was the 2004-05 Ironton squad.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Chillicothe's '08 state championship team. Extremely good athletes in the starting lineup with 4 out of the 5 starters going to a d1 college for some sport.
Anthony Hitchens- Akron then James Madison.
Ray Chambers- JC then onto Troy University.
Seth Dawes- Xavier (baseball)
Caleb Knights- Air Force (football)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

peytonhillis wrote:Chillicothe's '08 state championship team. Extremely good athletes in the starting lineup with 4 out of the 5 starters going to a d1 college for some sport.
Didn't Stu Beverly play at Rio for a short time? Also, off the bench were Ron Smith and Jordan Benson who played college football.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

danicalifornia wrote:
peytonhillis wrote:Chillicothe's '08 state championship team. Extremely good athletes in the starting lineup with 4 out of the 5 starters going to a d1 college for some sport.
Didn't Stu Beverly play at Rio for a short time? Also, off the bench were Ron Smith and Jordan Benson who played college football.

Yes dani, Stuart did play at Rio for a year or 2. Ron and Benson played football at Otterbein. Alex Grow played at capital. If we want to go even farther, Gregg VanVolkingburg was on the rowing team at OSU.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

2004-2005 Ironton is number 1
2007-2008 Chillicothe is 2
2006-2007 South Webster is the 3. They destroyed everyone

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe also knocked off D1 State Champs Newark in the regular season that year. They get my vote.

Ironton would be #2, South Webster #3. Brigham Wagonger is one of my favorites I've ever watched in our area and he was apart of both of those teams.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

RAIDER6309 wrote:2004-2005 Ironton is number 1

Raider I'm not that old so I vaguely remember the 04-05 ironton team. Who all did they have? Was it Dennis gaigai his name or something along those lines? And didn't they have a post guy who was around 6'6 with long hair who could throw it down with the best of them?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

peytonhillis wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:2004-2005 Ironton is number 1

Raider I'm not that old so I vaguely remember the 04-05 ironton team. Who all did they have? Was it Dennis gaigai his name or something along those lines? And didn't they have a post guy who was around 6'6 with long hair who could throw it down with the best of them?
Dennis Gagai was a knockdown shooter and total package on offense. Brigham Waginger was a lockdown defender and great PG. Clifton Howard was a beast inside and had a monster title game. They were fantastic, but not real deep. Lost a tight game to OJ Mayo, Bill Walker and the rest of North College Hill's monster team.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dennis Gagai played at wvu before playing at northern Kentucky
Brigham Waginger played at western Carolina. The quickest kid I've ever seen play

both Chillicothe and Ironton were fun to watch

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

2007-08 Chillicothe team for me.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

The Chillicothe vs. Greenfield McClain was one of the best high school basketball games I have ever seen. The Convo was electric as Hitchens and Chambers went toe to toe with Dante Jackson. That Chillicothe team was the best I'd seen this decade. The ironton team with Gagai Waginger Howard was a distant second but was outstanding in so many ways. The Ironton North Adams game I thought would be a contest but Ironton throttled them in ways I didn't think possible.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

There were better teams over the past decade like the Chillicothe and Greenfield squads mentioned but I'm going to be a bit of a Peebles homer with the teams I'm going to throw out. The 2009-10 and 10-11 teams, in my opinion, might have been 2 of the top 4 teams in school history(would have went to state twice with Treg Setty but don't get me started on the woulda coulda of that one :122249) and I would like to give them a bit of a shout out.

Players on those teams

Blake Justice - 2100+ point scorer, district player of the year, SHL all time leading scorer, currently the leading scorer for an NCAA D2 squad
Andrew Seaman- 1300+ point scorer, probably the most automatic 3 point shooter I have seen for a local school (something like 50% his senior year), still puts it on the high schoolers at open gym with a bad knee, went on to play a season at D3 Marietta
Andy Countryman- 16ppg his senior season, went on to play at D3 Mount St. Joseph(3 consecutive years starting and will get close to 1000pts there)
Jacob Daniels- About 600pts and 400 Rebs in 2 seasons of varsity action. Holds records at Peebles for rebounds in a game/season and one for blocked shots in a game, currently plays for NAIA D1 Shawnee State(on medical redshirt this season)
Trent Arey- Just short of scoring 1000pts in 4 years on the varsity, district player of the year, currently at UC Clermont playing
Eric Collier- All league and district honorable mention
Josh Chandler- Plays for Johnson University in Florida.
Plus a lot of really good rotation guys those seasons.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Chillicothe won the state title the year after they played McClain and Dante Jackson at the convo, one of the best games I've ever seen, most filled up I've seen the convo for a high school game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The 2006 and 2007 Wheelersburg teams that went to the final 4 twice has to be up there as well.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Coach Maddox and the Warren Warriors, has one of the best TEAMS around in the last decade. Not any one year but for the entire 10 years. Looking at the whole body of work,I would have to believe that the Warriors have had as much success as any program in SEO. Warrior Nation has been very fortunate.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Warrior Nation without a doubt! Going all the way back to Coach Leffingwell and then to Coach Maddux, no one has been as consistent.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe won 5 district titles in the past decade, including a state championship and their only losing season I can remember in that time still ended with a trip to the Convo. That's a pretty good decade.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

In the last 10 years South Webster has won 6 District titles, 3 regional titles, two regional runner ups and one State title. Solid decade!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

D4hero wrote:In the last 10 years South Webster has won 6 District titles, 3 regional titles, two regional runner ups and one State title. Solid decade!
Wow! Also super impressive!

Return to “Boys Basketball”