Tickets Punched Convo Bound!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Tickets Punched Convo Bound!

Post by WarriorBlue »

When the week began there were 72 teams starting tournament play in the SE District. With only 16 spots available in 3 divisions for the coveted Convo trip, games were hotly contested. With DII and DIII teams already determined and
DIV determined this week. It's almost time to say "Basketball 30"

Teams that have punched their ticket for district tourney action.
Convo Bound All Aboard!

DII
Warren
Circleville
Logan Elm
Minford

DIII
Fairland
Southeastern
Wheelersburg
Chesepeke
Lucasville Valley
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
South Point

Whs95fan
S

Re: Tickets Punched Convo Bound!

Post by Whs95fan »

WarriorBlue, I really hope we get another chance at Watterson. I didn't get a chance to see the first game in person but believe that the way we are playing now we can do it. Your thoughts?

Go Blue!
Last edited by Whs95fan on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

WHS95FAN wrote:WarriorBlue, I really hope we get another chance at Watterson. I didn't get a chance to see the first game in person but believe that the way we are playing know we can do it. Your thoughts?

Go Blue!
Circleville, Minford and Logan Elm are all capable opponents. If we do get another shot at Bishop Watterson I'm conifident of a better performance than the game in December. A 5 point deficit after the 1st quarter could easily have been a 5 point Warrior lead. Missed layups and unforced errors the 2nd quarter decieded the games outcome. The 2nd half was pretty close to even. The way French is shooting the ball, averaging close to 30 points a game the last 6, the Warriors definatly have a chance to beat anybody they play.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Using PFloyd Rankings here is what the DII. & DIII district tourney looks like

Convo Bound All Aboard!

DII
#1 Warren
#13 Circleville
#3 Logan Elm
#4 Minford

DIII
#31 Fairland
#9 Southeastern
#20 Wheelersburg
#33 Chesapeake
#2 Lucasville Valley
#28 Coal Grove
#6 Portsmouth
#14 South Point

PFloyd Rankings

#1 Warren DII
#2 Lucasville Valley DIII
#3 Logan Elm DII
#4 Minford DII
#6 Portsmouth DIII
#9 Southeastern DIII
#13 Circleville DII
#14 South Point DIII
#20 Wheelersburg DIII
#28 Coal Grove DIII
#31 Fairland DIII
#33 Chesapeake DIII

DII
#1 Warren vs #13 Circleville
#3 Logan Elm vs #4 Minford

DIII
#9 Southeastern vs #31 Fairland
#20 Whlsburg vs #33 Chesapeake

#2 Lville Valley vs #28 Coal Grove
#6 Portsmouth vs #14 South Point

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Looking forward to watching the Warriors play and hopefully win Friday and then seeing what Logan Elm is made of after the Warren v. Cville game.

Go Blue!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Warren easy to the regional semis and then it ends.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

I guarantee you that coach Maddox and the Warriors will not overlook any opponent . Circleville is at the Convo because they earned it. Survive and Advance !!! Go Blue !

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Wouldn't be so quick to write in Bishop Watterson as the Central District champion. There is the small mater of defeating Brookhaven. The same Brookhaven team that stopped Northlands 118 Cols City League game winning streak. Whoever comes out of the Cols bracket will be a tuff out but I'm quite sure whomever ends up the SE District champion will represent the district well.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bishop Watterson only beat Brookhaven 46-43 earlier this season. Still Watterson and Akron SVSM are the teams to beat. Everyone wants to see that rematch of the title game

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Columbus Schools might close Brookhaven at the end of the school year, so those kids are playing really inspired right now. I may pick them to come out of the Central.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

bman wrote:Columbus Schools might close Brookhaven at the end of the school year, so those kids are playing really inspired right now. I may pick them to come out of the Central.
Agreed! The way they best Northland, I think Brookhaven can best ANYBODY in the state.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WarriorBlue ... imo Watterson is a better matchup for Warren than Brookhaven (BUT no looking ahead!!! need to get to THE game first !) ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I hope Watterson is the team to come out of that district if Warren happens to win their next two. If that happens I expect us to be in an extremely close game with them as long as we continue to play like we are. 1 game at a time.

Go Blue!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

pfloyd wrote:WarriorBlue ... imo Watterson is a better matchup for Warren than Brookhaven (BUT no looking ahead!!! need to get to THE game first !) ...

I agree PFloyd! Right now all Warren is focused on is Circleville. To make a deep tourney run you MUST stay focused on the team up next. No room for error once you reach district level play. Warren has felt euphoria of winning but have also tasted the agony of defeat. Coaching staff has done a great job of keeping the team focused thus far. With cancelations and the Athens game lurking on and off again, they were able to sort that all out and are undeafeated in 2014 winning 14 in a row.

Return to “Boys Basketball”