Any chance games at convoy get postponed tomorrow?

riverball
JV Team

Any chance games at convoy get postponed tomorrow?

Post by riverball »

Thoughts?? How soon would they call them off? Possible dates for reschedule?
Sorry for typo in subject. Darn auto correct on phone.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Any chance games at convoy get postponed tomorrow?

Post by trojandave »

Heard today on WNXT that there will be a decision tomorrow at 10AM as to the fate of the games.......I would have to think that if the weather is as bad as the forecast, the games will be postponed to when.......not certain.........there are D4 district games at the Convo on Monday and Tuesday. The SEODAB may have to look at alternative sites for the D3 district semifinals.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

trojandave wrote:Heard today on WNXT that there will be a decision tomorrow at 10AM as to the fate of the games.......I would have to think that if the weather is as bad as the forecast, the games will be postponed to when.......not certain.........there are D4 district games at the Convo on Monday and Tuesday. The SEODAB may have to look at alternative sites for the D3 district semifinals.
The OU Women have a home game on either Wednesday or Thursday as well.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Thanks for the info Trojandave. Very poor timing for this storm. Hate to think of the teams not being able to play at convo. I know all the boys look forward to it.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

danicalifornia wrote:
trojandave wrote:Heard today on WNXT that there will be a decision tomorrow at 10AM as to the fate of the games.......I would have to think that if the weather is as bad as the forecast, the games will be postponed to when.......not certain.........there are D4 district games at the Convo on Monday and Tuesday. The SEODAB may have to look at alternative sites for the D3 district semifinals.
The OU Women have a home game on either Wednesday or Thursday as well.
I obviously am 600 miles away and don't have a clue as to the scheduling of alternative sites! However would it not make sense to view Jackson as a major option due to the proximity of all 8 schools involved? I'm sure they could play 2 games on 1 night and 2 the next. Just sayin....

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I heard Jackson would be the place if games could not be played Sunday

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

You would have to think that if they did move them to Jackson, they would move the D4 there and put the D3 at the Convo. I would think from a crowd standpoint, that would make more sense. It would also cut travel for Peebles and Fairfield as they are traveling the farthest to the districts as it is.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I would think if they would start the games at 11:00 tomorrow that they would be done before the storm hits

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab:

I understand you're a fan of Valley (D3), and you want whats best for your program.... However, sometimes I have seen D4 schools bring bigger crowds than some of the D3 schools. Switching the D3 games to the day of the D4 games and moving the D4 out of there would only create more problems.

You sound like the type that would pick the small guy at recess last, regardless of what he's truly capable of. ;-)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The first game could have an abysmal crowd. Fairland has been involved in some of the worst crowds I've ever seen at the Convo and I was at multiple SE games this year with very small crowds as well.

The OVC doesn't seem to have great crowds in general (besides Peake) so I'm not sure those games would be effected that much...besides for who truly matters, the kids playing!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote:Crab:

I understand you're a fan of Valley (D3), and you want whats best for your program.... However, sometimes I have seen D4 schools bring bigger crowds than some of the D3 schools. Switching the D3 games to the day of the D4 games and moving the D4 out of there would only create more problems.

You sound like the type that would pick the small guy at recess last, regardless of what he's truly capable of. ;-)
If that is what you want to think, then that is fine. I understand why you would feel that way. I am speaking as a guy that worked the D4 games at Valley over the last 2 weeks. The crowds at Valley (other than Peebles) were terrible. The Jeeps matchup (Paint Valley) had maybe 75 people there.

I am just saying that Jackson will have all kinds of problems hosting Valley and Portsmouth on the same night that I don't feel they would have hosting Webster, Paint Valley, Fairfield, and St. Joes.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's brother wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Crab:

If that is what you want to think, then that is fine. I understand why you would feel that way. I am speaking as a guy that worked the D4 games at Valley over the last 2 weeks. The crowds at Valley (other than Peebles) were terrible. The Jeeps matchup (Paint Valley) had maybe 75 people there.

I am just saying that Jackson will have all kinds of problems hosting Valley and Portsmouth on the same night that I don't feel they would have hosting Webster, Paint Valley, Fairfield, and St. Joes.

Maybe it would be a problem, who knows. Historically, Webster has always traveled to the Convo very well. South Gallia tends to travel very well. Even St. Joe will surprise you, as they haven't been in awhile and Ironton is already eliminated. Peebles will have a great crowd. Some of the other D4s may have bad crowds, sure. But as dani pointed out, Fairland and I'm sure a few more D3s will have not-so-great crowds as well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I believe it was 2 years ago when some DIV games got bumped. So it has happened before. I can't remember the circumstances, but I think the DIV championship games were moved to Logan.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

The Fairfield Western game had quite a few there on Wed. I think they should try to accommodate all divisions to play at the convo. Its exciting, and a once in a lifetime for some. Lets just hope the weather works this all out. The Valley crowd will bring out alot of folks. But I know that Peebles, FF, and im betting that ISJ will travel well too.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:I believe it was 2 years ago when some DIV games got bumped. So it has happened before. I can't remember the circumstances, but I think the DIV championship games were moved to Logan.

... 93dog is all over it again as Eastern Pike DID play Affricentric for the D4 Regional crown in Jim's Gym in Logan 2 years ago ...

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I hope they can get the games in but it's not looking promising. If the games cannot be played at the Convo, then I am in favor of moving them to Jackson or another gym in Southeastern Ohio not involved in the tournament. I can think of a couple that could hold the crowd.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

How about having the D3 tourney in Ironton since 7 out of the 8 teams are from Lawrence and Scioto Counties?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Seeing the weather reports for tomorrow through Monday morning, don't be surprised if Monday night games are cancelled also. Tuesday night may be the earliest any games will be played.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

4 DIII GAMES ... 2 IN WELLSTON ... 2 IN JACKSON.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

BOTH GYMS ... TOP NOTCH.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Agree ^^^^^^^^

Return to “Boys Basketball”