Lucasville Valley vs Martins Ferry - Regional Semi-Final

coop
SEOPS

Lucasville Valley vs Martins Ferry - Regional Semi-Final

Post by coop »

Valley will take on the Purple Riders in a Regional Semi Final March 12th at 6:15pm

Thoughts?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Lucasville Valley vs Martins Ferry - Regional Semi-Final

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll go with the Indians in this. Good luck Indians.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to Valley.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Good luck Indians! Hoping for Burg vs Valley round 3

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Valley.

Would be nice to have an all SOC, Scioto County Regional final.

I believe the last time that happened was in 1995. Burg had lost to Minford twice in the regular season but pulled out the win in the final and advanced all the way to the state title game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ferry has no guards and I'm surprised they made it this far. That being said they are huge 6-8 and 6-6. 6-6 Sr Rob Vargo is best post I've seen this season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Info EasternDspy...

Dunn will have his hands full, but hopefully Valleys guard play makes the difference.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

EasternDspy wrote:Ferry has no guards and I'm surprised they made it this far. That being said they are huge 6-8 and 6-6. 6-6 Sr Rob Vargo is best post I've seen this season.
The Miller boys for Valley haven't gotten much playing time, but their large bodies may be needed for this one. Having two 6'5" kids to come in and use their 10 fouls if needed is a nice bonus to Valley's depth.

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

The "Ferry has no guards" play is getting way overblown.

Vargo is the man, but Garaway tried to let Ferry's guards beat them and they did with Edwards scoring 23 with 5 threes in the District final.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK VALLEY

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

4th n Goal wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Ferry has no guards and I'm surprised they made it this far. That being said they are huge 6-8 and 6-6. 6-6 Sr Rob Vargo is best post I've seen this season.
The Miller boys for Valley haven't gotten much playing time, but their large bodies may be needed for this one. Having two 6'5" kids to come in and use their 10 fouls if needed is a nice bonus to Valley's depth.
Absolutely!!! They have 10 fouls to give and are happy to use them to take some pressure off of Dunn!!

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

PVCguru wrote:The "Ferry has no guards" play is getting way overblown.

Vargo is the man, but Garaway tried to let Ferry's guards beat them and they did with Edwards scoring 23 with 5 threes in the District final.
NOBODY gets to this level by accident. Valley will NEED to be and WILL be prepared. ROLL TRIBE!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I would love to see Valley in Columbus. They would actually be matched up with a team close to me out of the Canton region. I was considering making the 45 minute trip to Canton to check out what would await the Indians. Best of Luck Valley!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The Valley staff was in the house for the 3 point barrage that Edwards put on in the 3rd quarter the other night. The Ferry guards will not be overlooked by the Valley staff.

Based on what I know about Ferry, Vargo is a monster (the all district team lists him at 6-4) and I believe he was district player of the year in football as well. I hope we will find out more over the next two days, but I will take Valley's guards any day of the week. They were great yesterday.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:The Valley staff was in the house for the 3 point barrage that Edwards put on in the 3rd quarter the other night. The Ferry guards will not be overlooked by the Valley staff.

Based on what I know about Ferry, Vargo is a monster (the all district team lists him at 6-4) and I believe he was district player of the year in football as well. I hope we will find out more over the next two days, but I will take Valley's guards any day of the week. They were great yesterday.
When Burg played the Purple Riders in football, I remember Vargo being listed at 6'6", but he looked taller than that. The Appolini boy was listed at 6'8" for football and they were about the same size.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:The Valley staff was in the house for the 3 point barrage that Edwards put on in the 3rd quarter the other night. The Ferry guards will not be overlooked by the Valley staff.

When Burg played the Purple Riders in football, I remember Vargo being listed at 6'6", but he looked taller than that. The Appolini boy was listed at 6'8" for football and they were about the same size.
Talk yesterday was both were 6'8'', but I just used the AP District list to get 6'4''. I think the beard makes him look bigger. :122245 :122245

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Valley has the size to play with Ferry for sure and probably will have much better guard play as well. The Appolini boy is much thinner than Vargo and West can probably guard him without too much problem.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

I'm shocked that Ferry made it this far based on their early season performance. Fortunately for them, they seem to be playing their best basketball of the season.

Both teams like to push the basketball and I see a high scoring game. I think Valley will win by 8-10 in a fun game to watch.

69-61 Valley

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Good luck to Valley in this one! Love to see an all SOC regional final

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Vargo is 6'6 and Appolloni is 6'8. That is their correct and accurate height. Vargo only senior.

Return to “Boys Basketball”