Western Basketball

Lightle04
SE

Western Basketball

Post by Lightle04 »

Western with a great hire ! Kyle Miller is the new boys varsity basketball coach ! Great hire by the board ! This young man has a passion for the game and a great teacher for the boys he coached JV last year and the boys showed vast improvement . Good luck coach !

knowledge
All Conference

Re: Western Basketball

Post by knowledge »

This is a grand slam hire for Western IMO. Kyle Miller is a close friend of mine, and a example of what perseverance, hard work, and determination can get you. I have seen him work with his kids all on levels at Western from my time spent at Piketon, and I feel he could be a rising young star in the SE District. Good Luck Kyle!

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

I hope the Grandstand Coaches Association will leave him alone and let him do his job without interference.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If the people in the stands get out of Kyle's way, the Indians will win a D4 district championship this coming season.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

Crab's brother wrote:If the people in the stands get out of Kyle's way, the Indians will win a D4 district championship this coming season.
I will take that bet. There is a kid by the name of Justice that will have some say in that and many of the better teams (Fairfield excluded) have their core coming back.

Kyle will do a nice job, but lets not get carried away.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Good luck Coach Miller.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Myra Fleener wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:If the people in the stands get out of Kyle's way, the Indians will win a D4 district championship this coming season.
I will take that bet. There is a kid by the name of Justice that will have some say in that and many of the better teams (Fairfield excluded) have their core coming back.

Probably coming from someone (Myra) who has never seen them play. Western has their entire core, besides a senior in Fite that started coming back. This could, and I stress could be a very good year. If the parents, and kids respond to Kyle positively. If he is able to do what needs to be done, then Yes I believe they could make a district run. If you haven't seen them play consistently, then I can see your response. Their is a TON of talent on this team, just lacking the discipline. If Kyle can instill that in this group, then the sky is the limit. Just hope the Western faithful can keep their tongue. Its time for parents to sit down, shut up, and let the Coach do his thing. This program has to get back to worrying about the W as in win, and not whether your kid is the superstar on a particular night, or how many minutes he may play. The drama needs to stop at the gym doors.

I am really excited that Kyle will be bringing his enthusiasm, and knowledge to the gym at Western. Now, lets all sit back, enjoy, and let him build us a program. Now, lets go to work Indians. If they do they are very capable of taking down the team from Peebles with the same moniker.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Myra Fleener wrote:

The Southeast gets 2 District champs. Peebles will be very good. I think most of the other teams that were at the Convo this season (outside of possibly Paint Valley) lose most of their talent next season.

I am just saying, in the current state of SE District D4, Western is in the top 5 as far as talent goes. That said, last season they didn't play a lick of defense (in the 3 games I seen) so I believe that if Kyle gets them to buy in on the defensive end, they have a chance at the Sweet 16 in 2015.

scotisaac
Waterboy

Post by scotisaac »

Any word on who will be coaching the JV?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles brings pretty much their entire lineup back plus will add a few players from a great JV team. Other than them I think Western has as good a shot as any in the district.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Peebles will be very good, but clearly you guys are forgetting about Paint Valley. They return 4 out of 5 starters, including their top 3 players who were all very good. Add in the incoming 8th grader who is already 6'8", and not only are they going to be one of the better D4 teams around, they may even be better than Peebles..

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Who cares about Peebles on this thread? No one. This is a Western thread. Wrong Indians you're talking about, pal. Kyle is my best friend. I wish him the best of luck, and I am positive he will get that team to where they need to be. He is respected and liked from not only the kids at Western, but the administration and parents. Not just there, but all over the county and soon to be the whole SE district. When I am not wearing my Redstreak red, I will be wearing Indian green. Go get 'em coach!

scotisaac
Waterboy

Post by scotisaac »

KrAm wrote:Who cares about Peebles on this thread? No one. This is a Western thread. Wrong Indians you're talking about, pal. Kyle is my best friend. I wish him the best of luck, and I am positive he will get that team to where they need to be. He is respected and liked from not only the kids at Western, but the administration and parents. Not just there, but all over the county and soon to be the whole SE district. When I am not wearing my Redstreak red, I will be wearing Indian green. Go get 'em coach!
Very well said!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Myra Fleener wrote:

The Southeast gets 2 District champs. Peebles will be very good. I think most of the other teams that were at the Convo this season (outside of possibly Paint Valley) lose most of their talent next season.

I am just saying, in the current state of SE District D4, Western is in the top 5 as far as talent goes. That said, last season they didn't play a lick of defense (in the 3 games I seen) so I believe that if Kyle gets them to buy in on the defensive end, they have a chance at the Sweet 16 in 2015.

That's it Crab! Im getting you a Western hoodie, and gonna give it to your old man to give to you. I knew I would turn you around eventually. LOL You think I can get him to wear one too?

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Myra Fleener wrote:

I've seen Justice play several times. He's a fine player - but, he's not Superman. Afrocentric held him down pretty well.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Speaking of Paint Valley, a friend told me, today, that P - V has a 6' 9" eighth grader (or freshman) who can really play. Looks like they will be a team to contend with for the next several years.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Kyle Miller! Excellent Choice...He will bring love and passion for the game to the kids and Kyle will work them hard. Bring the Indians down to the Bannon Park Classic this summer where Champions are made!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

just hope a young coach has tough enough skin to put up with meddling parents.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

sparky wrote:just hope a young coach has tough enough skin to put up with meddling parents.
You have to allow it to go in one ear and out the other as they display for the most part their relative lack of knowledge about the game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”