Trimble Hires Howie Caldwell as next basketball coach

hannancoach
JV Team

Re: Trimble Hires Howie Caldwell as next basketball coach

Post by hannancoach »

Can someone let the new coach know we need some games?

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

I do like the hire but I think the school should have let Coach Moore know at the end of last season they werent bringing him back. I will add this, I have been around a bunch of kids from Trimble and I know they dont take being critisized to well. The new Coach loves to scream and yell and I hope the kids are up to the challenge.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!

ZeekfromCabinCreek
Waterboy

Post by ZeekfromCabinCreek »

Kids need discipline...that's what Trimble has lacked in recent years. These kids need to get ready for the real world and I believe Howie was an excellent choice! I wish the best of luck to the Cats next year!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Dies anyone have a link to the article?

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Be interesting to see which takes a back seat first. Football which made a State Championship game or Basketball with Howie. Let the battle begin. Once again Howie follows the talent. Its easy to win games when you just leave when the going gets tough. I like Trimble kids they are hard nosed kids but I dont wish them luck at all.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

BigShooter wrote:Be interesting to see which takes a back seat first. Football which made a State Championship game or Basketball with Howie. Let the battle begin. Once again Howie follows the talent. Its easy to win games when you just leave when the going gets tough. I like Trimble kids they are hard nosed kids but I dont wish them luck at all.
Just curious, but who were all the talented players when Howie went to Eastern? I don't remember Eastern being very good before he got there. I doubt they had a .500 record for several years before he arrived. What plethora of talent drew him to FH?

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

It was more the fact that he didn't want to rebuild and what talent was their at Fed Hock? He won a league championship with that talent???? So I am not sure if you were aware of that or not......once again Fed isnt going to be very good and he hits the road. I bet alot of people in this world would be a good coach if they just left when things got hard....Now about Eastern your more than likely right about the start but when things were cycling back around he got out of there in a hurry.....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is A LOT going on at Fed Hock that I am sure caused coach Caldwell to leave. It wasn't about talent shortage.

Football, basketball, baseball ... Starting the 2014 school year this fall - they will be on their 6th head coaches in three years!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

BigShooter wrote:It was more the fact that he didn't want to rebuild and what talent was their at Fed Hock? He won a league championship with that talent???? So I am not sure if you were aware of that or not......once again Fed isnt going to be very good and he hits the road. I bet alot of people in this world would be a good coach if they just left when things got hard....Now about Eastern your more than likely right about the start but when things were cycling back around he got out of there in a hurry.....
Yes they won the league at FH his first year, but they did not have a great deal of talent like they had in the past. At Eastern I think he won the league his last year, and the next year didn't they win the first 7 or 8 games, and finish with a pretty good record with the new coach? His last year at Southern they were 1-19 I think, so he did not leave before they hit bottom. He took Eastern volleyball to the final four, and left with almost the whole team coming back.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Howie will stomp his way to a fabulous season. Trimble made a great hire.

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

I think the administratoon could have handled things a little better but Howie will be a nice fit for these boys, His record speaks for itself and this is a good group of athletes that will respond to him. Let the stomping begin.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Feds Super doesn't care about sports. Could care less.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Also talked to a school official that said Joe Butcher, Bob Vales and maybe Brent Chadwell coming back run the Lancers. Truth, I'm not sure but school official is very close to the situation. Also word is that Pat Tabler is coming back to be the AD. Can they bring Federal back to the promise land? If talk is true only time will tell.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Just curious, but who were all the talented players when Howie went to Eastern? I don't remember Eastern being very good before he got there. I doubt they had a .500 record for several years before he arrived. What plethora of talent drew him to FH?[/quote]

Wow, when he went to eastern they had the most talented class they have ever had coming up and talks with mr simpson to join him along with his talented sons was also a big help in making the jump to eastern a very easy choice.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

G.W.A. wrote:Just curious, but who were all the talented players when Howie went to Eastern? I don't remember Eastern being very good before he got there. I doubt they had a .500 record for several years before he arrived. What plethora of talent drew him to FH?
Wow, when he went to eastern they had the most talented class they have ever had coming up and talks with mr simpson to join him along with his talented sons was also a big help in making the jump to eastern a very easy choice.[/quote]

So the Simpson boys were there Howie's first year at Eastern? Or did you mean to say the talent followed him there? :mrgreen: I think they won 12 games that year if my source is correct, so WOW yea I guess they were really talented weren't they. :lol: Hopefully Trimble can post a better than 12 win season. ;-)

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

It's easy to coach talent??? Then why didn't Moore and Kittle do better at Trimble the last two years? It will be interesting to see if Kittle is on the bench with Howie next year. Will there be hard feelings if he is? Also I've heard Howie already told the AD to cancel the first two weeks of the season because football will make another run. Howie will get along just fine with Phil,

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

With Howie, I doubt you'll see Kittle on the bench

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't doubt it all. Kittle is still the JV coach.

JV coaches always sit on the varsity bench.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

confirmed Kittle is still the JV coach.

noname
Waterboy

Post by noname »

Did anyone read the articles in the paper on this? Any predictions on the outcome of the grievance?

Return to “Boys Basketball”