SEOAL - Pre-season Predictions

chsballn
Freshman Team

SEOAL - Pre-season Predictions

Post by chsballn »

What are you SEOAL Pre-Season Predictions ?

This league keeps getting smaller & smaller.

Gallipolis Gallia Academy Blue Devils
Jackson Ironmen
Logan Chieftains
Portsmouth Trojans
Vincent Warren Warriors

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: SEOAL - Pre-season Predictions

Post by 1987chieftains »

Warren
P-town
Logan
Gallia
Jackson

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

1. Portsmouth
2. Warren
3. Logan
4. Gallia
5. Jackson

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:1. Portsmouth
2. Warren
3. Logan
4. Gallia
5. Jackson
Agree ..

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

2. Warren
3. Logan
4. Gallia
5. Jackson

I see it the same way, Portsmouth, Warren, Logan, Gallipolis, and Jackson bringing up the rear.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan will not win the league but they will decide the championship

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

javagt wrote:
2. Warren
3. Logan
4. Gallia
5. Jackson
Agree ..
Somewhat agree, I see Logan, Gallia and Jackson all fighting for 3,4 and 5 place. Both Portsmouth and Warren are way above the other three!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Everyone knows it will be between Warren and Portsmouth. The more interesting question is who will be in the cellar :122246 :122246

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Blackjack wrote:Everyone knows it will be between Warren and Portsmouth. The more interesting question is who will be in the cellar :122246 :122246
I think if you put Logan, Gallia and Jackson in a bag and shake it up! We might still not know!

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

I believe Portsmouth goes undefeated in the league. I think Warren will have some difficulties matching up. As othere posters have pointed out, the other three are up in the air. I will predict Logan, Gallia, and Jackson in order.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Logan could get one victory over Warren or Portsmouth ..it could be a tie for 2nd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave … did Portsmouth get the "transfers" that were touted as a possibility entering the season ? … I recall that you wouldn't comment on this until it happened - did the rich get richer ? …

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: We did not get any "transfers" as was rumored during the summer.........our starting 5 most likely will be Hunter Gibson, 6-3 senior, Alex Dickerson, 6-2 senior, Sky Oliver, 6-0 senior, Kyre Allison, 6-1 junior, and Kendall Reynolds, 6-3 sophomore. The first 2 off the bench should be Ethan Leonard, 5-11 junior, and Luke Purdy, 5-10 sophomore. Dee Smith, 5-8 senior, could give opposing guards fits with his defense. There should be nobody taller than 6-3 on our roster, but the strength of the team will be depth at guard. Micah Williams, 6-3 senior, and Grant Underwood, 6-3 senior, will probably be the main post players off the bench. This year's JV team should be one of the best we have had in a while, and our freshmen team should be pretty strong also. Basketball at Portsmouth looks good for the next 4 years.

Looking forward to seeing you in the Land of the Purple on that "Wednesday" Dec. 10. Just make sure the concession stand is stocked with Mountain Dew!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Mt. Dew in the concession stand - check … IF it "ain't" there I KNOW where we can get some in the teachers lunch room LOL … we'll hook you up trojandave lol …

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

Between the Lines wrote:
2. Warren
3. Logan
4. Gallia
5. Jackson

I see it the same way, Portsmouth, Warren, Logan, Gallipolis, and Jackson bringing up the rear.

I agree...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1. Portsmouth.....8.....0..........5
2.Logan............5.....3..........3.5
3.Warren..........5.....3..........3.5
4.Gallipolis........1.....7..........1.5
5. Jackson.........1.....7..........1.5

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

An6ybody have a 2014-15 composit SEOAL schedule yet?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… you have to go with :

Portsmouth as the odds on favorite not only in the SEOAL but the OVC as well THIS season - Kyre Allison, Sky Oliver, Alex Dickerson, Grant Underwood, Hunter Gibson, Kendall Reynolds, Luke Purdy, Micah Williams …

… BUT a toss up between the Trojans and Warren is not out of the question as last season Warren with the BIG 3 were odds on favorites & Coach Collins' troops went into the Warriordome and came away with the "W" early in the season taking control of their own destiny in the league race …

… Warren has the firepower to "get it done" … Michael Hall , Aaron Maxurkiewiez, Blake Kidder, Andrew Henthorn, Kyler Dennis, Tanner Huck, Collin Welch AND those pushing for Varsity time from last seasons JVs … I see Warren as a Logan Elm type team this year - defense, defense and more defense with a menu of 3 point scorers who will make you pay from every corner of the court AND the BIG MAN in Michael Hall who can/will give opponents fits inside/outside/ with and without the ball …

… Logan will have as much basketball talent on the floor this season as it has had in a number of years imo - Senior Kevin Fisher 6-8 WILL BE the focal point … if he can find a home in the paint Logan will be a handful, if not - just another team who will struggle vs the quality teams, go .500 vs equal talent teams, beat their share of under .500 teams … Fisher, Isaiah Smith, Lane Little, Chance Cox, Kory Henthorne, Cole Barron, Sam Evans … the "potential" is there for an upset of one of or both of the top 2 (Portsmouth/Warren) … Controlling tempo while playing under control defensively/offensively will be a key for the Purple this season with all players buying into TEAM …

… Gallia Academy and Jackson to round out the bottom of the league in that order …

Return to “Boys Basketball”