tournament voting

Raiderball
SEOPS H

tournament voting

Post by Raiderball »

Is there a site to go to to see how the voting played out? Somebody posted one from the girls voting. Must be public knowledge if it was posted here.

jaterlove
Waterboy

Re: tournament voting

Post by jaterlove »

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Where can you see how each coach voted?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raiderball wrote:
I think that one just got out because of how ridiculous a couple of coaches voted. From what I have seen, there wasn't anything screwy today.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Voting for boys looks normal, girls was a complete mess for D3

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

If they are not for the public to see it is total BS that one sectional girls voting result was posted. Whoever released that vote is in the wrong and should be called out for it.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

danicalifornia wrote:
Raiderball wrote:
I think that one just got out because of how ridiculous a couple of coaches voted. From what I have seen, there wasn't anything screwy today.
I know that a couple coaches in the Jackson D3 boys voted RV (10-10) a 15 seed. How is that not screwy?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I obviously can't speak for them, but it appears that River Valley didn't submit a resume, as they don't have a record on the brackets. That's just my guess though.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

danicalifornia wrote:I obviously can't speak for them, but it appears that River Valley didn't submit a resume, as they don't have a record on the brackets. That's just my guess though.
I've heard it was due to glitch in computer or something. District board told them to email their info to all coaches. It was sent with a read receipt. Those coaches received it.
More than likely made a difference in seeding. One spot can make a world of difference.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Grown-ups voted and seeded teams where they should be. In the girls, we had nitwits trying to game the system.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Two coaches voted RV a #15 seed?

To help them/others or because of girls coach?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bman wrote:Grown-ups voted and seeded teams where they should be. In the girls, we had nitwits trying to game the system.
So you are telling me that RV boys with a 10-10 record should have been the 15 seed in the D3 boys sectional at Jackson? If you are going to call one coach out for bs voting don't be shy about calling out all others. Why doesn't someone post the results of the voting in this sectional?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Ironman92 wrote:Two coaches voted RV a #15 seed?

Yes, 2 coaches voted RV boys the 15 seed. I could not tell you the reason but either is bs and you know it I92.

2 questions:
1. Why isn't anyone calling out these two coaches?
2. Why isn't anyone calling out the coach that made public the D3 girls voting results?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raiderball wrote:

Yes, 2 coaches voted RV boys the 15 seed. I could not tell you the reason but either is bs and you know it I92.

2 questions:
2. Why isn't anyone calling out the coach that made public the D3 girls voting results?

No one is calling out the girls coach who made the D3 voting public because it was a public service. As for RV: If you don't like it, don't vote like a nitwit.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bman wrote:
Raiderball wrote:

2 questions:

No one is calling out the girls coach who made the D3 voting public because it was a public service. As for RV: If you don't like it, don't vote like a nitwit.
A public service? Then tell me where we can go to see all other results.

You, are throwing this all back on the RV coach's vote (and I'm not agreeing with her vote by the way) because of the extremity of it. If we were to look at all others I am sure there will be other questionable votes. It has happened for years. Maybe she felt her team had been screwed over in the past.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Raiderball wrote:[

A public service? Then tell me where we can go to see all other results.

You, are throwing this all back on the RV coach's vote (and I'm not agreeing with her vote by the way) because of the extremity of it. If we were to look at all others I am sure there will be other questionable votes. It has happened for years. Maybe she felt her team had been screwed over in the past.
I'm not convinced that transparency in anything the public puts a dime towards is so absurd, even if it is high school basketball seedings.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I also criticized Wellston for trying to game the system with ridiculous voting on the girls side. I don't care for RV boys being voted 15th by a couple of coaches. Looks stupid, albeit not nearly as stupid as RV girls voting itself No. 1 with an 8-11 record.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

River Valley was voted 15th by two coaches because they did not insert a team bio like they were told to do. The bio outlines their record, key wins and losses etc, and River Valley didn't insert one. Quit acting like someone's out to get RV or the coaches should be punished. Some coaches don't pay much attention to SEOPS or records of teams outside their leagues/counties, the only one to blame is River Valleys AD and Coach for this.... Insert your information as every team in the State is now asked to do.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

bbjunky81 wrote:River Valley was voted 15th by two coaches because they did not insert a team bio like they were told to do. The bio outlines their record, key wins and losses etc, and River Valley didn't insert one. Quit acting like someone's out to get RV or the coaches should be punished. Some coaches don't pay much attention to SEOPS or records of teams outside their leagues/counties, the only one to blame is River Valleys AD and Coach for this.... Insert your information as every team in the State is now asked to do.
It's 2015 and the fact this is even a darn rule speaks volume to the inane workings of the OHSAA. We have the internet, we have text messages, we have mediums in which information can easily be passed and from which coaches can do their own homework in all of 10 minutes. We rightfully complain about coaches that game the system but we spend less time criticizing the systems which give coaches incentives to "game" it. We might as well be casting lots and let that take care of the brackets.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seed bio or not the coaches know. A team like Crooksville may not be very savvy about them due to league and location but 5 min of research would tell you a #15 seed is just as ridiculous as the girls side.

Return to “Boys Basketball”