Waterboy

All-S.O.C. Teams

Post by DreamTeam »

Anyone heard yet??

Lightle04
SE

Re: All-S.O.C. Teams

Post by Lightle04 »

Several deserving kids this year . I think Chad Lands should win POY again though.

DreamTeam
Waterboy

Post by DreamTeam »

Anyone heard yet??

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

This will be announced after the last league team is eliminated

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Girls have been done for a while , do they have to wait for the last boys team to get knocked out ?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

When will this be posted any word ?

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Couldn't agree more with the SOC II Coach and Player of the Year! Congrats to Valley!!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Definitely don't agree with SOC II POY. Let's just state McBee's accomplishments compared to Dunn's...

McBee- 1st Team SOC, 1st Team All District, 2nd Team All State

Dunn- 1st Team SOC, 2nd Team All district, Honerable Mention All State

McBee got screwed! Should have at least been Co-Player. Shows there was a lot of jealousy amongst the ones that voted SOC POY.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Iunno about that. Valleys record vs Minford....2-0. Dunn dominated. You can't say Dunn didn't deserve it at all

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

I said at least Co-Player of the year. Dunn is a great player. Didn't matter Valley's record against Minford, it was still a tie for the SOC. look at all the teams Minford defeated that Valley lost to. That should also carry weight if you're weighing the Minford vs Valley record.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

This was the biggest shaft/ conspiracy in my honest opinion I have ever seen in the SOC 2 POY.. The coaches that robbed this fine young man of an award he more than deserved to at least share should feel really good as Adults doing this to a Kid.. Dunn is good player not saying that he isnt in any way, but to not share POY with Austin McBee is a joke !!
McBee - Senior ... 21.3 avg ppg.... Co SOC 2 Champs..
Dunn - Junior ... 15 avg ppg... Co SOC 2 Champs ..

Congrats for looking really dumb in this vote and decision coaches !!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Let me begin by stating that this post is not taking anything away from Dunn or his great accomplishments and I concur that he is very deserving of the award and recognition that has been bestowed upon him. Congratulations to Dunn and I am sure his senior season will be more exciting and his team will flourish with him on the court. I know his father and he comes from a great family and I am glad to see a much deserving young man recognized for his achievements. I wish Dunn and the Valley Indians continued success and I will be rooting for him again next year.

However, the fact that McBee was completely snubbed within the league by the majority of the coaches is a complete display of allowing personal feelings to interfere with something that is supposed to be taught by these same individuals. Good sportsmanship, honesty, integrity and ethical values appears to be something that is taught, but not practiced when it comes to fairly evaluating a young man's performance and fairly recognizing achievements on the court. The fact that outside coaches selected McBee for 1st team all District and second team all Ohio, but he is not voted at least Co-Player of the Year within his league, is a clear and evident display of grown men allowing their personal feelings or backdoor politics to interfere with a teenage kid's achievements and overall performance. Didn't McBee also get selected to play in the Ohio/Kentucky All Star game? I have been involved in and following the SOC for several years and this is probably the most noticeable and intentional screwing that I have ever witnessed!

At the minimum McBee should have been selected as Co-Player of the Year.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Just curious........if there was a vendetta, why? I'm not following the politics of the vote. Thanks in advance...

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I can believe it.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Hoggy wrote:Let me begin by stating that this post is not taking anything away from Dunn or his great accomplishments and I concur that he is very deserving of the award and recognition that has been bestowed upon him. Congratulations to Dunn and I am sure his senior season will be more exciting and his team will flourish with him on the court. I know his father and he comes from a great family and I am glad to see a much deserving young man recognized for his achievements. I wish Dunn and the Valley Indians continued success and I will be rooting for him again next year.

However, the fact that McBee was completely snubbed within the league by the majority of the coaches is a complete display of allowing personal feelings to interfere with something that is supposed to be taught by these same individuals. Good sportsmanship, honesty, integrity and ethical values appears to be something that is taught, but not practiced when it comes to fairly evaluating a young man's performance and fairly recognizing achievements on the court. The fact that outside coaches selected McBee for 1st team all District and second team all Ohio, but he is not voted at least Co-Player of the Year within his league, is a clear and evident display of grown men allowing their personal feelings or backdoor politics to interfere with a teenage kid's achievements and overall performance. Didn't McBee also get selected to play in the Ohio/Kentucky All Star game? I have been involved in and following the SOC for several years and this is probably the most noticeable and intentional screwing that I have ever witnessed!

I couldn't agree anymore . Very well said Hoggy !! Very disappointed that the SOC 2 is represented by some coaches that will do anything because of there own jealousy or hate towards a kid to screw him out of an award he more than deserved thru out his play on the court in the 2012/13 season of his SENIOR year...I honestly have stood by and took up for some of these coaches when the bashers have said there part but I have lost ALL Respect for each and every one of them ...

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Hoggy wrote:Let me begin by stating that this post is not taking anything away from Dunn or his great accomplishments and I concur that he is very deserving of the award and recognition that has been bestowed upon him. Congratulations to Dunn and I am sure his senior season will be more exciting and his team will flourish with him on the court. I know his father and he comes from a great family and I am glad to see a much deserving young man recognized for his achievements. I wish Dunn and the Valley Indians continued success and I will be rooting for him again next year.

Thanks Hoggy very well said.
Agree 110%

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Been away from this site for several weeks. I am shocked by this? very sad! Dunn is a very good in the post, but mcBee is one of the best players in southern Ohio regardless of position. As co-champs I guess I can see the co-player of the year argument. But to prevent a senior from getting a much deserved award?????

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

91Grad wrote:This was the biggest shaft/ conspiracy in my honest opinion I have ever seen in the SOC 2 POY.. The coaches that robbed this fine young man of an award he more than deserved to at least share should feel really good as Adults doing this to a Kid.. Dunn is good player not saying that he isnt in any way, but to not share POY with Austin McBee is a joke !!

I haven't really followed either team this year, but PPG is only one factor of many to determine a player of the year. You can't use that statistic by itself to prove a point here.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Buckeye24 wrote:
91Grad wrote:This was the biggest shaft/ conspiracy in my honest opinion I have ever seen in the SOC 2 POY.. The coaches that robbed this fine young man of an award he more than deserved to at least share should feel really good as Adults doing this to a Kid.. Dunn is good player not saying that he isnt in any way, but to not share POY with Austin McBee is a joke !!

I haven't really followed either team this year, but PPG is only one factor of many to determine a player of the year. You can't use that statistic by itself to prove a point here.
Your right .. There were 2 huge factors in this decision : personnel issues and bitterness amongst coaches towards McBee and they Conspired to screw this kid over ...Its That simple ...It's as plain as black and white ...

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Buckeye24 wrote:

Stats.. Well one is a point gaurd (McBee ) and the other a post player ( Dunn) .. So if you want to look at individual stats my guess is Dunn has a better rebounding percentage and McBee has a better assists and steals percentage.. So that favors McBee 3 to one in the stats... But say you make whatever case for Dunn that he deserves this award ok they come out even and both great players in the SOC in 2012/13.. Both share the SOC title... Now here is where its odd McBee a SENIOR and Dunn a Junior. Would the nod not go to the Senior in his final year of High School ball ??? And not to even share it at all ??? Which in my opnion McBee should have won it outright... Cmon Man it dont take a rocket scientist to figure what conspired here..

Return to “Boys Basketball”