SLEEPERS in the tournament?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

SLEEPERS in the tournament?

Post by 93Bulldog »

any team - No. 5 seed or below.

Not all the top 4 seeds will be playing at the Convo - who are some of the teams - 5 and below - who have a chance to reach the district tournament?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SLEEPERS in the tournament?

Post by Ironman92 »

Watch #6 Lynchburg against #3 Peebles.....possible payback from the girls tournament and Lynchburg started off 0-8 but are now 11-11.....and if they go to face the #2 at Athens.....who knows

#6 Green vs #3 East

But really I don't see any sleepers as I don't think any of them are going much farther.

Lynchburg Clay 78
Peebles 68
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd assume every #5 seed has a very good chance.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote:I'd assume every #5 seed has a very good chance.
Agreed. Off the top of my head: #5 Minford only lost by a bucket at #4 Chesapeake a couple of weeks back and #5 McClain beat #4 Unioto by 5 earlier in the season.

Look for #6 Chillicothe against Washington. Beat them by 20 a couple of weeks back. And #6 Fairfield Union against Vinton County

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

The winner of Sheridan / Logan Elm might go to regionals. Thats my sleeper/ upset special.

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

I watched South Point beat CG the other night and they looked like a new team with a bunch of passion. I think they can give Oak Hill a run for their money...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Many lower seeds have great opportunity.
Chillicothe, Waverly and McClain out of the Southeastern sectional. Sheridan, Fairfield Union out of Logan.
In D3 Wellston and Belpre out of Athens. Minford and West (just because West beat them once already) out of Jackson.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

smurray wrote:Many lower seeds have great opportunity.
Chillicothe, Waverly and McClain out of the Southeastern sectional. Sheridan, Fairfield Union out of Logan.
In D3 Wellston and Belpre out of Athens. Minford and West (just because West beat them once already) out of Jackson.

West never beat Minford this season. The Falcons won both of those match ups. West beat Valley in their second match up.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon Fury wrote:
smurray wrote:Many lower seeds have great opportunity.

West never beat Minford this season. The Falcons won both of those match ups. West beat Valley in their second match up.
So if I'm to understand your comprehension of the above post, then Chillicothe, Waverly, and McClain have a 3 way game?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FalconFury,
I wasn't saying West beat Minford. I said they have a chance of advancing against Valley since they already beat them once, that is who they play isn't it?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Apparently, we all slept on Crooksville

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Space Cowboy wrote:Apparently, we all slept on Crooksville
Doesn't surprise me. Crooksville usually plays bigger schools in football anf basketball. In addition, I knew there was a reason NY was placed as a # 1 seed. As I explained on here earlier this week, it is my belief the way that the teams are drawn for the tournament is rigged.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:
Space Cowboy wrote:Apparently, we all slept on Crooksville
Doesn't surprise me. Crooksville usually plays bigger schools in football anf basketball. In addition, I knew there was a reason NY was placed as a # 1 seed. As I explained on here earlier this week, it is my belief the way that the teams are drawn for the tournament is rigged.
While Im inclined to agree that Crooksville should have probably been ranked higher than 8th, their own win/loss record is really hard to defend.
Plus NYs schedule aint exactly a cakewalk.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Lynchburg/pebbles was a blast to watch. I really like Lynchburg. Very balanced team. What is their story? I saw they went 0-7 or 0-8 to start season?

I believe them and ZT is a toss up.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The DIII sectional at Athens should have been:

1. Zane Trace
2. Nelsonville-York
3. Federal Hocking
4. Crooksville
5. Southeastern
6. Meigs
7. Wellston
8. Belpre

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Roger Mink, coach, Lynchburg Clay AND Fairfield Leesburg I had ranked in the top 20 teams in the SE District in my "preseason" picks but as you pointed out for whatever reason neither team had a good opening of their seasons, and were frankly a disappointment in that I didn't feel they were playing up to their potential ... NOW the Mustangs of LC have won 8 straight , above .500 at 12-11 ... great senior leadership from Alec Smith ... LC will have a great nucleus coming back next year with fr. Devin Pierson, 2 quality jrs. in Ryan Inman and Gage Waits ... when I looked at LC in the preseason Smith/Inman/Waits were the factor in ranking them in the top 20 ... looks like LC has got things going in the right direction at the right time ...

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

We're there any injuries or just a bad start? Thanks for the info.

What class r these guys in?

Not familiar with names

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Roger Mink wrote:We're there any injuries or just a bad start? Thanks for the info.

What class r these guys in?

Not familiar with names
10- Gage Waits- Junior
22-Tyler Allen- Senior
23- Devin Pierson- Freshman
21- Ryan Inman- Junior
32- Alec Smith- Senior

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Wow, really liked how aggressive Pierson is going to the basket for a freshman. Waits is a nice point guard and Inman is long. Nice group coming back next year. Enjoyed watching Allen shoot the three! No hesitation. Smith is their leader, correct? he hit a huge three late in the game that seemed to put them over the top. Lynchburg is my sleeper. Will be watching at the convo. Good luck!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Sleepers in District play.

Lynchburg Clay
Southeastern
North Adams

Return to “Boys Basketball”